BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-21-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Driver Window/Seal problem

The driver side window does not move up the 1/4" or so and seal when closing the door anymore. Is there a window motor that controls that? So now when I close the door, the top part of the window is actually slightly rubbing/hitting the shadow line trim. After the door is closed, I have to lower the window an inch or two and then i hear the window "pop" into place.

The passenger door window still seems to down then up to seal when closing though.

The only thing I've done is install the Camaross305 angel eye kit. I disconnected the battery terminal as advised, but am wondering if there is some electrical/fuse issue causing this.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

take it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

+1 on taking it to the dealer.

its no big deal. the window just needs to be reset. if someone here knows the resetting procedure you might be able to do it yourself without going to the dealer.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
The only thing I've done is install the Camaross305 angel eye kit.
Maybe somebody forgot to connect everything back? Where were the ballasts installed?
One of the other 'components' could be defective too (door switch or module -if any, as it might be the ECU), but I'd make sure nothing was left disconnected from the install or you'd be slapped with a 'troubleshooting' bill.

Two things that might helpy you. A door switch activates when the striker plate is in the 'locked' position (you can activate it by manually moving the plate to simulate a closed door), so you might spray some silicone lube inside in case it's stuck. Window tinters do this to fully raise the window while tinting. I have my bumper and wheel well covers off, and the only connector I can see possibly related to your problem are 2 small modules attached to the inside of the wheel well covers, a few inches from the bottom (you can see 2 diagonal button clips). I don't know what they are, but it's be very easy to make sure they're connected. All other connectors would disable some of your lighting or other unrelated things. Hope this helps man. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep

thanks for all the suggestions. i googled the issue and there was a thread i found that someone was having the same problem on the e36. to reset the window, you had to hold down on the power window button for 15 seconds. that didn't work for my car, but just for the hell of it, i rolled up the window and kept the button lifted up for 15 seconds and that did it. the window will now roll down on one push of the button and it now properly lowers and raises upon door open/close.

short answer: lift up on your power window button for 15 seconds to reset.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
short answer: lift up on your power window button for 15 seconds to reset.
You have to do that every time you disconnect the battery, right?
My question is why only your driver's window was having the issue .
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
You have to do that every time you disconnect the battery, right?
My question is why only your driver's window was having the issue .
good point. my window was rolled down when i disconnected the battery and the passenger window was all the way up. could it be just a synchronization issue? i dunno...
Appreciate 0