BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #1
dlin708
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Hoping someone knows why my paddles aren't working

Hi all,
To those of you that reply to this post thanks! I did not get much luck in the regular e90 forum so here I am posting about a retrofit I did yesterday.

I retrofitted a 2008 m3 dct steering wheel onto my pre lci 2008 328i w/ the ugly push pull paddles. (Really hoping someone did the same swap as me and later upgraded to an m3)

From what I read on these forums is that the swap should have been plug and play, but when I installed it, the paddles did not work but the MFB on the steering wheel did. (If this plug and play thing is a myth please let me know!)

Anyways I posted this on e90 and people have told me that I need to do some rewiring, but some people told me its straight plug and play. I also read somewhere that the MFB matter so I should reuse my original MFBs, but the m3 MFB are literally the same as mine (The m3 wheel I have does not have the m button).

If this retro fit is truly not plug and play how do I make it so that I can use my paddles? Will switching the MFB buttons make the paddles work?

If you are going to be rude and say I should have just bought an m3 from the beginning, I'm only a high schooler! I do not have the money nor the financial support. LOL I'm just trying to make my car a little more modern for me and my parents as a late Christmas gift.

I attached an image of my original wheel and the m3 wheel

Thanks again to those that reply, I can't thank you enough!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:13 AM   #2
dlin708
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

bump
Appreciate 0