BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

11-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #705
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

anyone able to contact Michael for the last 6 days? he seems missing when i attempt to ask for partial refund. I have bought the front and rear camera plus the unit. I told him since i have so many issue with it, i want to return the unit and keeping the two cameras.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 06:53 AM   #706
dextersl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport Le-Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35mt View Post
anyone able to contact Michael for the last 6 days? he seems missing when i attempt to ask for partial refund. I have bought the front and rear camera plus the unit. I told him since i have so many issue with it, i want to return the unit and keeping the two cameras.
Just heard back from Michael last night to make arrangements for my return/exchange. So he is still around I'm assuming he's just busy because it did take a little while for him to finally respond to me as well.

Last edited by dextersl; 11-20-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 07:05 AM   #707
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35mt View Post
I looked on the site, but I'm having a little trouble locating them...could you point me to the two cameras? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 07:18 AM   #708
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextersl View Post
Just heard back from Michael last night to make arrangements for my return/ Exchange. So he still around I'm assuming he's just busy because it did take a little while for him to finally respond to me as well.
If he's in Hong Kong then the riots are the problem. I have some components on order from there, and projected shipping date is in January due to all the stuff that's not getting covered on US media. Hundreds of thousands of people in the streets every day and night make things difficult to move.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #709
g35mt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextersl View Post
Just heard back from Michael last night to make arrangements for my return/exchange. So he is still around I'm assuming he's just busy because it did take a little while for him to finally respond to me as well.
with my unit, i have that electronic failure like one of the thread. I have asked him last week to see if i can return it and keeping the two camera. He didn't replied back till yesterday and by then it's to late to dispute on aliexpress.

i personally think that i got a bad unit but he keep assuring me that the unit is good.

Now my problem started when i install the unit. I use the youtube video but the CIC unit is actually for the 5 series. Since i was in hurry to put the unit back and get it going, i had to slice the plastic connector for the LVDS to fit on the back my screen. Later found out that i am suppose to connect the lvds from the CIC unit and not the screen. Now i was able to connect the lvds to the cic, and it work. So without starting the car and drove around, everything work perfectly. then i start driving and i do drive hard something especially making turn, then i get the electronic failure. I email michael and he said maybe the idrive cable is bad and that he will send it. That was two weeks. Couple email telling him i want to return the unit instead..no replied.

At this point, i asked him to send me the lvds, 4 pin idrive and the main connector so i can just get rid of the unit. i am going to go back to stock, just don't want to deal with. he asked for postage cost, i told him fine, i will pay for it.

I mean the unit works good when i don't have issue. i like how the carplay work but can't deal with error lights up on my dashboard saying get electronic failure and bring to bmw dealer.

My experience with aliexpress have been good but not this one. If anyone buy this unit, i would strongly go on ebay. The price is the same. I just checked on ebay last week and saw 319 which is the same price on aliexpress that michael sold me for. I would go with ebay and pay thru paypal so that way you get their attention quick if thing go wrong. During my issue, i have pocket time where Michael were out for couple of days. He said he had to go hospitals which i was being able to understand. Then after he said is came back hospitals, email went silence until now.

Anyhoot, long story short, my experience with the unit is a dud..i have repeat the installation procedure 5 times to make sure the wiring is correct but still have issue. Either my unit is screw up, the idrive cable is bad, or the main harness is bad, i don't know. But those that got working, i do envy you all. I love it when it work.

Went back to ebay kremersino, now the listing no longer there.

https://www.ebay.com/str/Ksino?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Last edited by g35mt; 11-20-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #710
g35mt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takrdown View Post
I looked on the site, but I'm having a little trouble locating them...could you point me to the two cameras? Thanks!
below is a link that michael sent me to purchase. He told me order two of them, then he will send the front and the rear. Now becareful because the front he sent me doesn't fit my kidney grill. The front he sent me come with a backet that suppose to fit perfectly with the kidney grill. i wonder if that fit for the x5 or something other model that the grill space is smaller than what on my car. I had to use zip tie to hold the camera to the grill. The picture he sent me it fit perfectly on a bmw (not sure the model). My kidney grill somehow the space is bigger than the bracket

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304...107c4c4dtUBPGK
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:29 PM   #711
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Michael sent me the swap unit on 11/6. Tracking number says Airline departure since 11/12. Don’t know what’s happening but I think it’s not normal to take so many time.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #712
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coniman View Post
Michael sent me the swap unit on 11/6. Tracking number says Airline departure since 11/12. Don’t know what’s happening but I think it’s not normal to take so many time.
I believe mine took about 14days, it was stuck in customs for my replacement.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #713
mikest
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive

FYI, my experience so far:
-Car: 2011 E90 335i w/ CIC iDrive, 6MT, xDrive.
-Order: Placed with Kremersino via Aliexpress Mon. 11/11. At my doorstep in Portland, OR Thurs 11/14.
-Install notes: Instructions not included in package, though I received them via email upon asking. Tested working prior to reassembly. Reassembled next day, and wireless connection had stopped working. Via Skype, Michael suggested that current iOS (13.13) was the problem - updated to 13.2.3 and is connecting just fine so far. Installed in conjunction with Amazon backup camera that worked off the shelf without any settings changes (wired neg to battery and positive to Carplay unit rear camera + output).
-First impressions: Call quality seems pretty bad, don't know what I sound like to others. Conversation possible. Hoping to get calls running over factory bluetooth. Siri seems to understand me. Otherwise, audio quality is not nearly as bad as I'd feared. User interface via steering wheel and iDrive controller better than originally expected. "Option" button on iDrive controller invokes Siri, great because I refuse to turn on "Hey Siri" feature. If product continues to perform at current level over the long term, I'll be very pleased with this purchase.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:55 AM   #714
rod.bearings
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Has anyone tried a better aftermarket mic? Wonder if that will fix the phone call issues
      12-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #715
rod.bearings
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Apparently Michael said front camera is not compatible with orders before November....

Does anyone have a picture of all the wires and labels handy? I want to confirm before taking out and trying.
There is a yellow AV that says front camera but need to find the 12v wire for front camera
      12-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #716
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazi3azn View Post
Has anyone tried a better aftermarket mic? Wonder if that will fix the phone call issues

I'm thinking about buying an OE microphone and splicing it into the external mic, its basically two wires.

Perhaps from a partout, I can get the harness + mic.

Microphone part number: 84316938762

I haven't found the part number to the harness yet.
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #717
AcidSun
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

I have a Carplay unit from Kremersino for sale for $250 for NBT if anyone is interested
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #718
coniman
Private
Rep

Hi again. I’ve finally received the swap unit after 1 month. The audio now sounds almost perfect, with lack of bass as we all know but quality is really good. At first I’ve used the wiring from the older box I’ve had, but it didn’t sound as good as I imagined . So I took the audio cables and cut them. My car has combox so I have to use the connector in the armrest, the audio cable that goes to the back of the radio was useless so I’ve removed it. Then I’ve soldered a new rca cable directly to the cables that come out from white connector. Removing that cable and using a good quality rca cable greatly improves the sound quality . Also you have to lower down the volume to 15 in the Limcet and to the 75% in the AUX settings of iDrive. I think that the cable coming from the back of the radio causes loss of quality and interferences because it’s spliced with the cable that goes to the AUX in the armrest.
Calls and Siri works fine for me, I’m using the supplied microphone placed above the mirror. The only thing that I can’t make to work it’s to automatically display CarPlay interface after starting the car. I have to press 8 every time.
BTW I’m having little connection drop outs, the sounds cuts for a milisecond, and if I go out of the car at 2-3 meters the connection drops. I think it’s because the lack of exterior antennas. I’m wondering if it’s posible to solder some antennas to the board

Last edited by coniman; 12-07-2019 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #719
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Its a shame these boxes are still kinda junk.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 02:37 PM   #720
Daniboy
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Hello,

I was talking with Michael at Kremersino and he told me that the new model (just released) doesn't requiere to use the AUX IN and it uses the OEM mic. I bought it today at U$S 365. Will keep you posted as soon as I receive and install it, if it does everything Michael said it does.

Quote:
What you will get in this new version BMW wireless Carplay box?

Wireless Connection for Carplay
Wireless Connection for Android Auto
Using Factory/OE Microphone
Support USB Video(please make USB disk Format32 first)
Support Wired Connection
NO NEED Insert External Audio/AUX Cable(except some 7 series CIC models)
Support Airplay mirroring
Support Android mirroring
Support FRONT/REAR/360 Camera
Carplay box actively connect your mobile phone
Quote:
1) The new version will work with the OE microphone?--yes
2) Will take the digital audio directly from the canbus instead of using the analog AUX Port?--no need to insert any AUX cable now) only several 7 series CIC model need.
3) Will fit 2009 BMW 3 series E90 with CIC?--Yes
4) Is it wireless?--Wireless and wired both support
5) Does it supports steering wheel controls to skip songs and change the volume?--yes
6) Can you answer calls from the steering wheel?--yes, you can set in carplay interface
7) Does de iDrive Knob work with CarPlay? The rotary knob the push button, up, down, left right?--right
8) Will it work in FULL Screen?--Full screen
9) Does the parking assist button on the dashboard work? --what parking assist button you mean? In another mail he said yes to this.
10) How long will it take to arrive to Miami?--DHL3-5 days.

Last edited by Daniboy; 12-10-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy679.00
      12-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #721
coniman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Hello,

I was talking with Michael at Kremersino and he told me that the new model (just released) doesn't requiere to use the AUX IN and it uses the OEM mic. I bought it today at U$S 365. Will keep you posted as soon as I receive and install it, if it does everything Michael said it does.

[/COLOR]
He could have said it a month ago. I’ve got the replacement one week ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #722
rob10k8
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coniman View Post
He could have said it a month ago. I’ve got the replacement one week ago.
Yeah, I just ordered mine on Dec 6. I paid around $310, so I'm guessing it's the old version.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #723
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Hello,

[/COLOR]

Holy crap. I need this. LOL
Give us your feedback of the install etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...719e9daevIsqwc

Last edited by derbo; 12-10-2019 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #724
rob10k8
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob10k8 View Post
Yeah, I just ordered mine on Dec 6. I paid around $310, so I'm guessing it's the old version.
I contacted Michael and he asked if I wanted to change to the new version. He seems very responsive!

I'll make sure to post my impressions of the unit after I install.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #725
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

now im interested
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #726
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Been waiting for this - just placed my order for the new model. $396 after tax. I'm in San Diego so I'm sure it'll be a couple of weeks before I receive it, but I'll post my feedback here once I get it.

There's a DHL tracking number posted to the order, but its an invalid tracking number according to DHL.. I asked Michael and he said I'd have it "Monday or Tuesday".. we'll see.

Update: Just got a DHL notification mine should arrive on Thursday 12/19

Last edited by brettcp; 12-16-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
derbo3607.00