BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #23
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
If you can't extract you could always use a dremel with a cutting wheel to cut a line in the bolt head so that you can use a big flathead screwdriver along with vise clamps to turn and remove. Pretty crazy your plugs were that tight when torque spec is only 18ft lbs. Benvo is 100% correct on the lack of respect and or lack of accountability shops may have when doing work on others automobiles. This fact alone is why I do all I can before collapsing and going to the dealer. Only reason I go to the dealer over an indy is the simple fact that if they fuck up they will correct things.
      03-11-2020, 04:38 AM   #24
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwlover0725 View Post
Plug thread was completely fine. Surprisingly NAPA had a brass plug so I got two of them.
Good news, so all you need is a new plug and off you go!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:36 AM   #25
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
If you can't extract you could always use a dremel with a cutting wheel to cut a line in the bolt head so that you can use a big flathead screwdriver along with vise clamps to turn and remove. Pretty crazy your plugs were that tight when torque spec is only 18ft lbs. Benvo is 100% correct on the lack of respect and or lack of accountability shops may have when doing work on others automobiles. This fact alone is why I do all I can before collapsing and going to the dealer. Only reason I go to the dealer over an indy is the simple fact that if they fuck up they will correct things.
you need to find a new Indy... some independent shops I know of will take care of you and do way better quality work than the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #26
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
you need to find a new Indy... some independent shops I know of will take care of you and do way better quality work than the dealer.
Not worth it. I've tried a few Indy spots and wasn't impressed. Unlike so many I was realistic with repair costs and parts costs prior to buying my M hence no need to cut corners for me as I am willing to pay ONCE to have my issues fixed. If my dealers shits the bed I do not feel bad in the least letting them know and making them make things right.