BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

02-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Looking for a spot....

I am getting dicked around by my dealership up in Northern Cali. They gave me a week 10 production number (111 status), even faxed me a spec sheet with my name and production number on it although they did not take a deposit. So 2 weeks later I'm following my order status on oc.bmwusa.com and what do I notice... the color I ordered changed from AW to JB. I call my dealer and ask him what's up. His response is the sales manager had to change it and he doesn't know why.... WTF?!?!?!? He says I'll call you tomorrow (Fri, 02/22/08) with a new Production Number, of course no call yet but this is typical of this guy. Do I have a case? Should I contact BMW NA or is it meaningless because they never took my deposit? Anyways, I have all the emails/communications between the dealer and myself saved.

In the meantime, I'm still looking for a reliable dealer as close to So Cal as possible.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
I am getting dicked around by my dealership up in Northern Cali. They gave me a week 10 production number (111 status), even faxed me a spec sheet with my name and production number on it although they did not take a deposit. So 2 weeks later I'm following my order status on oc.bmwusa.com and what do I notice... the color I ordered changed from AW to JB. I call my dealer and ask him what's up. His response is the sales manager had to change it and he doesn't know why.... WTF?!?!?!? He says I'll call you tomorrow (Fri, 02/22/08) with a new Production Number, of course no call yet but this is typical of this guy. Do I have a case? Should I contact BMW NA or is it meaningless because they never took my deposit? Anyways, I have all the emails/communications between the dealer and myself saved.

In the meantime, I'm still looking for a reliable dealer as close to So Cal as possible.

Thanks.
I don't know of a dealer in Cali that isn't charging a premium but if you don't mind pay a few k over my SA is a sure thing think he had a allocation at 112 status ATM. Name is boris @ 925 788 5986. Let him know boris sent you.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post

Thanks.
I would fax whatever documentation you have to BMWNA, and I bet they would make this right for you. What your dealer is trying to pull off will not go well with BMWNA. They care about this kind of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if you got your original allocation back if you act quickly.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
cosmos515
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: I find what I keeps

Quote:
I don't know of a dealer in Cali that isn't charging a premium but if you don't mind pay a few k over my SA is a sure thing think he had a allocation at 112 status ATM. Name is boris @ 925 788 5986. Let him know boris sent you.
Is it a few or still $5k over?
      02-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
xxruffdmxx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

I hate when dealership dick you aroud like that. Anyways, I go to school in Grand Rapids, MI and I believe my local dealership has an allocation. Call them and see what they have. They can ship the car to any BMW dealership.
On a side note, legally, you do not have to place a deposit. If you have the order form that should be enough. Anyways my local dealership is:

The Sharpe Collection
1010 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508
(616) 452-5101

You can ask for Dan Erdei, he's my CA or ask for Bryan Danduran (i think thats how you spell his name) he's the sales manager.
Best of Luck!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
cosmos515
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: I find what I keeps

Called Bryan, nice guy, really nice guy. Unfortunatly they only have a sedan and no coupe for March. I was bummed. However; if I was looking for a Sedan, Bryan would be the guy to call.
      02-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Thanks for all the replies..

I just spoke with the dealer. He gave me a new production number (Mid-April Build). My original production number was a week 10 build. Tried all the sources you guys posted above, no luck at msrp or even slightly over, however i appreciate the input.

Contemplating over whether or not I should still call BMWNA regarding the original production number... If the dealership finds out about the complaint, they may decide to charge me way over msrp when the car comes in because it seems like that's just how these guys roll.

Not too happy about what I've read about my dealership on the dealerrater website. It basically states that these guys use cheap sales tactics and are sleazy.

On the bright side... sincerely glad to know some of you are getting your m3's soon!
Appreciate 0