BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

06-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

E93 CODE 2B25 Throttle-valve monitoring

Good morning,
To get to the point scroll down to “My questions”
Just picked up a new to me E93 from North Carolina and drove it back to Florida. What an amazing, impressive car. Driving only 1000 miles I wanted to do 1000 more.

But halfway through the trip the ABS light came on so I pulled over and check fluids and looked for anything out of the usual. All seemed fine, except that I had to drive 500 miles without cruise control constantly revving and speeding up and slowing down just to hear the Active Autowerkes Exhaust note. I still, according to the car managed an impressive 22 MPG. Considering this is far better than my V6 Nissan Frontier ever did, I am impressed. When I got home I hooked it up to my Foxwell DT510 and pulled a few codes. The right wheel speed sensor 5FF2, CAN message from DSC 5FF8. Both im guessing are related to the right front speed sensor, which is on order and set to be replaced tomorrow. Another code was an A559 instrument power supply has been switched off, my guess is this one was because I was scanning the car without it being on a battery tender so the battery might have been draining slightly?

The Code I’m concerned about is the 2B25 Throttle-valve monitoring, Bank 1. The car is a 2011 and barely has 35K on it and appears to be a gorgeous garage queen. I’m selling my other vehicle and will have this as a DD and a super moto motorcycle for backup. The motorcycle is hard to drive to work because in Florida we are entering the rainy season.

My Questions:

Is the 2B25 Throttle-valve monitoring, Bank 1 a sign that the Actuator is on its way out or could the other codes have inadvertently tripped it? I deleted the code and it has not come back yet.

If you get the FCP Actuators that are an OEM part, are they built better than the original or should we expect them to fail early as well? I don’t care too much that they have a lifetime warranty I’d rather have a beefed up component with no warranty.

Should I replace both at the same time?

If the FCP part is the OEM then why not get the cheaper overhauled unit with beefy gears from Mmotorsport?

Thanks for your tips

-Mark
Appreciate 0