BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

12-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
WE57RAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 320d M Sport Conv.

INPA install

Can anyone help with an install?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I suspect nobody has applied two cents here because of how vague your question is. I use INPA and it installed in a bundle with other resources. Maybe edit your original question, apply some further info and peeps will chime in. What OS are you using? Where are you so far? INPA is useless until plugged into a car pretty much.
      12-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
Zertag01
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

INPA install

He can remote to your laptop and install the INPA for you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zertag01; 12-31-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #4
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE57RAN View Post
Can anyone help with an install?
I already went through this and have my dedicated laptop running INPA tool suite. However i am not going to recommend the extremely convoluted, inefficient and overall messy tutorial i followed that somebody wrote ( days of download + installation, and possible pitfalls at every of the ~50+ manual steps). There's got to be a better way. lots of tweaking to getting it to work. Finally works but still complains about versions and some menus directly open into errors msgs.

It may be that if you are willing to install an all german version it could simplify the installation process considerably. The difficulty is that with a generic install you won't have the right files with the right initialization and it will not connect to the car. At least i could not find one that worked immediately.

And then there is the cable interface.. Save yourself the trouble of buying a cheap chinese made cable interface and buy one from a reliable US re-distributor. The difference is they test it before shipping it and only source the verified chinese versions not those made from obsolete / incompatible components. Also they re-flash it with a slightly modified firmware which guarrantees it will work with the E9x m3 MSS60 ECU while other cables will only work for the E9x MD80 ECU (generic 3 series) and the majority of cables won't work at all.

Given how painstakingly long and buggy the software installation process was, i am not willing to erase it and try another simpler method unless someone has proven it. But i would be interested since my install does not run entirely clean.

Last, but not least. Some vendor sponsors on this forum sell coding services (at $$$) and they are not going to help you to learn how to do it yourself and drive themselves out of business. They don't use the INPA interface but instead use more expensive coding tools. Still, it is not in their interest that people learn to do simple coding on INPA that they can bundle and sell with other things.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 01-10-2019 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
Jade
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI

I installed bimmergeeks software, everything worked perfectly after several failed attempts with some help on here. Now I'm having an issue with my cord, it connects, everything is set up to the port correctly, reads ignition, getting the following error code "IFH-0009 no response from control unit". I dont believe it is software, wondering if anyone has had this problem, was reading it is most likely the cord? Just got the cord , dissapointed to send it back now that I got software working finally. Trying to use it to read ASC/DSC data. None of the options under chassis will run, nothing runs in general. Any suggestions? Anyone know of an easily available cord that you have had success with E46. Wondering if my cord is just a piece of junk. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 05:45 AM   #6
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
I installed bimmergeeks software, everything worked perfectly after several failed attempts with some help on here. Now I'm having an issue with my cord, it connects, everything is set up to the port correctly, reads ignition, getting the following error code "IFH-0009 no response from control unit". I dont believe it is software, wondering if anyone has had this problem, was reading it is most likely the cord? Just got the cord , dissapointed to send it back now that I got software working finally. Trying to use it to read ASC/DSC data. None of the options under chassis will run, nothing runs in general. Any suggestions? Anyone know of an easily available cord that you have had success with E46. Wondering if my cord is just a piece of junk. Thanks for the help!
Did you remember to set latency to 1ms? Even if you did, recheck it.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 11:13 PM   #7
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
If your software is trying to talk to the wrong ecu this will happen. By wrong ecu I mean not the one assembly information is assuming is in your car. Or the ecu is dead.