BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

04-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
We have one in the rear.
yep only one. its a 3 wheel brake system weird.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
Zzhou
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
yep only one. its a 3 wheel brake system weird.
Did you do anything to the rear one? I plan just leave it there...lol

AA Green Filter/AA Pulley/AA catless X-pipes/AA signature exhaust/AA TUNE/TMS studs/Project Kics R40/R888/VOLK ZE40/ST60,ST40 BBK/MCS 2WAY NR/Vorsteiner GTS5 Bumper/APR GT250/APR SPLITTER
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I didn't do anything to any of them yet. I'm wondering if a coding would be able to fix this so you no longer get the countdown at all. I pay enough attention to my pads I don't need the car to pretend its doing it even when the indicators arent attached.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 10-23-2017 at 12:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #26
TomElektro
To drift is not a crime
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
Thanks VictorH.

I have researched the procedure for resetting the service intervals, available here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51049

However, for a successful brake wear/service interval reset you must replace the brake wear indicator assembly with a new one or you will get a warning saying the pads must be replaced, regardless of previous pad wear.

Does anyone know if the above procedure results in the same signal to the car as you would get when fitting a new brake wear indicator cable?
You can use used indicators for this mod. Did it last week and after a reset of the brake service indicator everything is fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #27
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorM3 View Post
Cut the connector ends and nice rubber thingies off, twist the two wires that you have now stripped, together and if you have some time solder 'em together.
Sorry, cant tell from the photos. Question.

Which side of the clip is the splice done? Meaning, is the splice done before the box, or after? I wouldn't want to mess with the wires before the box, only if it's after, meaning, between the box/connector and the pad sensor (the "replaceable" section).

Thanks for the clarity!

A91 Edition Supra | Armytrix | Rays
M3 Saloon | Akrapovic EVO | B&G Sport
M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klässen ID M52-R | Akrapovic | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #28
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

I think I'll be doing this tonight on my front!

Not because I have aftermarket pads but, because I only have 22k miles and my yellow Brake indicator is on. There is PLENTY of meat on the pads!

According to this, the brake sensor is a Normally closed circuit and Open circuit on Alarm. So, in order to find which sensor has tripped, I should be able to take a multimeter and read 0ohm (or about) across it to find if its ok. Is this correct??

This is for all years of e9x? I have an 08..

EDIT:
Can this just be coded out? I would rather do that!

Last edited by jdamore; 10-09-2014 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #29
jdamore
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
Sorry, cant tell from the photos. Question.

Which side of the clip is the splice done? Meaning, is the splice done before the box, or after? I wouldn't want to mess with the wires before the box, only if it's after, meaning, between the box/connector and the pad sensor (the "replaceable" section).

Thanks for the clarity!
Better late than never but to answer your question, you would be modding the sensor cable (between the box and sensor). On the sensor cable, just cut a few inches down from the connector and splice the two wires together..
      10-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #30
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Great info!
      10-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #31
jdamore
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
I think I'll be doing this tonight on my front!

Not because I have aftermarket pads but, because I only have 22k miles and my yellow Brake indicator is on. There is PLENTY of meat on the pads!

According to this, the brake sensor is a Normally closed circuit and Open circuit on Alarm. So, in order to find which sensor has tripped, I should be able to take a multimeter and read 0ohm (or about) across it to find if its ok. Is this correct??

This is for all years of e9x? I have an 08..

EDIT:
Can this just be coded out? I would rather do that!
Well to answer my own question..

I pulled off the front wheels, measured the resistance of both sensors and I got 0ohms on both so I guess that's not my issue..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #32
MPower7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' e92 M3

Hello, just so I understand this right. If I keep the connector plugged in and zip tied out of the way I will get no lights on dash until the mileage counts down?

Rught now both sensors are out of the car. Once I reinstall them with the OEM pads the light will be off in dash if zip tied or if actually connected to pads?
Appreciate 0