BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
vipUF
Rep
Drives: 2010 Black M3 Coupe

From Gintani Race to...???

Does anyone recommend a plan B exhaust from a Gintani Race exhaust?? In my situation I have had the Gintani Race axle-back for a couple days and I can't stand the inside cabin noise for a daily driver. The exhaust sounds AMAZING on the outside, but I guess inside noise is the trade-off. I'm looking for something slightly higher than STOCK but aggressive enough to live with on a daily basis. t

This post is by not meant to give negative PR on Gintani, this exhaust is simply not my taste. Gintani has great service and really do provide a quality product.

I'm sure there have been a few of you all in my situation. I would like your honest/unbiased feedback before I go to the Trade/Sell/Buy section. Any input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i suggest the gintani sport muffer but if your not concerned about performance eisenmann sport is also another good option
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipUF View Post
Does anyone recommend a plan B exhaust from a Gintani Race exhaust?? In my situation I have had the Gintani Race axle-back for a couple days and I can't stand the inside cabin noise for a daily driver. The exhaust sounds AMAZING on the outside, but I guess inside noise is the trade-off. I'm looking for something slightly higher than STOCK but aggressive enough to live with on a daily basis. t

This post is by not meant to give negative PR on Gintani, this exhaust is simply not my taste. Gintani has great service and really do provide a quality product.

I'm sure there have been a few of you all in my situation. I would like your honest/unbiased feedback before I go to the Trade/Sell/Buy section. Any input is appreciated.
Do yourself a favor buy an Akrapovic Evolution System

Trust me
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Heard good things about the Gintani Sport with similar gains.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #5
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
i suggest the gintani sport muffer but if your not concerned about performance eisenmann sport is also another good option
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
Heard good things about the Gintani Sport with similar gains.
gintani sport and race have the same gains
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Theres many options.

Akrapovic
Eisenmann Sport
Gintani Sport
Remus Sport
Active Autowerks
Bastuck
Dinan

So many good options out there these days for everyones tastes.

Heres a video of some of them that few forum members made.
      03-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Theres many options.

Akrapovic
Eisenmann Sport
Gintani Sport
Remus Sport
Active Autowerks
Bastuck
Dinan

So many good options out there these days for everyones tastes.

Heres a video of some of them that few forum members made.
ha...

"vipUF" ill give you some real advice dont bother with the akra its a waste use the money some where else....look into the two i mentioned above they are the best options out of all the trash out there and you dont have to spend over $5000 to make yourself think you bought the "best" muffler...

gintani sport.....quieter than the race version same performance numbers
eisenmann sport....quieter than the race version mostly for sound little(3-5hp) performance
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #9
drft92
Giggity
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

I would say the Dinan is probably your best bet, if your looking for something slightly more aggressive then stock with little to no drone/cabin noise. I own a Gintani race and love it but that is just my preference as for some of the other systems I have no experience with them in order to comment.

As I always recommend with exhaust purchase your best bet is to hear it in person and not take someone elses opinion(that's all it is, an opinion). Loud is subjective term based on the ear that's listening in, so your ear should be the only instrument to gauge the degree of loudness. Hope this helps, maybe if you had this advice to begin with, then you wouldn't be in this situation. Good luck friend.

Ash
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #10
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
ha...

"vipUF" ill give you some real advice dont bother with the akra its a waste use the money some where else....look into the two i mentioned above they are the best options out of all the trash out there and you dont have to spend over $5000 to make yourself think you bought the "best" muffler...

gintani sport.....quieter than the race version same performance numbers
eisenmann sport....quieter than the race version mostly for sound little(3-5hp) performance
+1 akra sounds almost like the OEM exhaust which isn't that great. Big waste of money for no sound and very litte gain. I had gintani sport before my race and I think you will be very happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #11
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
+1 akra sounds almost like the OEM exhaust which isn't that great. Big waste of money for no sound and very little gain. I had gintani sport before my race and I think you will be very happy with it.
are you drunk? Clearly you don't have one!
24 HP gain and sound is OEM in terms of no drone, but when you get on to it, it sounds alive.
Same sound as the M3 GTS exhaust. Check this link.
And weight saving of more than 45lbs

Definitely a waste of money, a cheap and heavy custom made stainless steel system that barks and drones is much better value for money

Thats exactly what it sounds like. Like stock, well yes but on steroids it sounds like an intelligent persons car

Last edited by Bob MG; 03-24-2010 at 02:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
drft92
Giggity
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Thats exactly what it sound like. Like stock, well yes but on steroids it sounds like like an intelligent persons car
that's funny!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #13
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drft92 View Post
that's funny!
I think so to
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:02 AM   #14
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

My Dinan setup does not drone at all. It has a deeper sound at idle and very low rpm, but at cruising speed it sounds like stock. At WOT it is quite a bit louder than stock screaming all the way to redline. When you want it louder, just hit the gas. I absolutely love the sound! I think it is the best of both worlds with no drone. This setup makes great power too. Of course this is just my opinion.

GTS
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
I have the Gintani sport and I love it.
      03-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #16
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Donkey

I have the fabspeed x pipe + HFC + Bastuck exhaust and it sounds really nice and make good power. Not really loud and doesn't drone at all. I love my set up
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #17
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
I have the fabspeed x pipe + HFC + Bastuck exhaust and it sounds really nice and make good power. Not really loud and doesn't drone at all. I love my set up
That "sounds" like a nice setup. I have heard the rear Bastuck exhaust and it is pretty quiet until you jump on it!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #18
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipUF View Post

I felt the same way as you the first few days that I had the Gintani race, but trust me give it at least a few weeks and see how you feel. I felt like it settled down a bit or I just got used to it and now I'm loving the sound. At times I hit the gas to get as loud as it once felt before but no luck, go figure Before you sell it and take a loss, just keep it for 3 weeks or so and if you don't like it, than sell it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
I felt the same way as you the first few days that I had the Gintani race, but trust me give it at least a few weeks and see how you feel. I felt like it settled down a bit or I just got used to it and now I'm loving the sound. At times I hit the gas to get as loud as it once felt before but no luck, go figure Before you sell it and take a loss, just keep it for 3 weeks or so and if you don't like it, than sell it.
now that is some great advise

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:

Trust me
This is my friend Borat. He is #4 Akra fanboy. Nice!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #21
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:

Trust me
This is my friend Borat. He is #4 Akra fanboy in Kazakhstan. Nice!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #22
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
+1 akra sounds almost like the OEM exhaust which isn't that great. Big waste of money for no sound and very litte gain. I had gintani sport before my race and I think you will be very happy with it.
You need to see an Akrapovic in person