BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

04-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #1
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Cool CPM Lower Reinforcement Brace>>>

CPM Lower Reinforcement Brace

I figured I'd start a thread dedicated to the CPM Lower Reinforcement Brace since I've seen people ask about it multiple times over the past few months. After about a year, I was lucky enough to acquire one through a good friend who has a connection in Japan.

This is the brace in question...

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 8.24.37 PM by dj_dub, on Flickr

It replaces the ugly stock center brace shown below, stiffen chassis rigidity and reduce chassis movement...

IMG_8126 by dj_dub, on Flickr

When it's all said and done, it looks like this installed...

IMG_8131 by dj_dub, on Flickr

We'll get back to that later.

An example of a link to where you can try to purchase it from:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/p...item/10000650/

From what I know, I'm the only person stateside with this particular part on an E9X M3...and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (post pics to prove it! lol). My own experiences trying to get this in the past has been difficult...it's either out of stock, you get ignored when asking if they'll ship international, or they'll say they won't ship international.

I hit up a good friend who I knew purchased parts from Japan frequently, and he was able to have his contact acquire the part for me and ship it to the states directly...which I'm super stoked and thankful for!

The part usually goes for around $260...add in shipping costs and it easily reaches over $300. To me it was well worth it! I've wanted it for a long time, whether it is truly functional or not...there's no question it's a quality built piece and it looks great.

Now the fun stuff...unboxing it.

IMG_3612 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Part Number: CLRF-B 008

IMG_3615 by dj_dub, on Flickr

IMG_3617 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Front side...

IMG_3619 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Back side...

IMG_3622 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Compared to the stock piece:

IMG_3629 by dj_dub, on Flickr

IMG_3627 by dj_dub, on Flickr

roastbeef asked me to measure the thickness of this piece to see if it'll benefit those with low cars that frequently scrape this part...it's exactly 8.00mm thick FYI.

IMG_8122 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Installation was a breeze...took around 15mins. You just need to jack up one side to get under the car which is plenty of room. I'm about 6 foot 230lbs...dad-bod in full effect, got under there no problem. lol Make sure to use jackstands for safety (I added another in the back after I took this pic).

IMG_3632 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Tools I used: 3/4" ratchet to break the bolts loose, 3/4 cordless ratchet, small extension, 13mm socket and 3/4" torque wrench:

IMG_3633 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Installed! Torque each bolt and nut to 25 Nm...

IMG_3637 by dj_dub, on Flickr

IMG_3638 by dj_dub, on Flickr

IMG_3641 by dj_dub, on Flickr

Very happy with the outcome...fitment and looks are perfect.

IMG_8135 by dj_dub, on Flickr
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 4
      04-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #2
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Looks nice and something I would consider. Any noticeable difference driving wise?
Appreciate 1
dj_dub1802.50
      04-13-2017, 12:53 AM   #3
///MPower15
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Looks dope bro!
Appreciate 1
dj_dub1802.50
      04-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #4
becausephilchow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Looks great!
Appreciate 1
dj_dub1802.50
      04-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #5
deseroner
First Lieutenant
Nicaragua
Rep
Drives: Jerez black e92 m3 coupe 2009

https://www.bidjdm.com/bidding/aucti.../id/e217949941

I will be ordering mine next ,how does it feel while driving.
09 Jerez black coupe . 275/35/19 mss rear,Alex alpine gts dct software with some coding(euro mdm,DVD in ,mirrors fold on lock ) , rogue engineering pulleys ,TTFS TUNE . Eibach springs . New brake front rotors with new hawk pads no rear pads. Rd front sway bar.ACTIVE AUTOWERKE TEST PIPES .csf dct cooler ,BE BEARINGS/BE ARP BOLTS,vibra road e/mounts
Appreciate 1
dj_dub1802.50
      04-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

bruh
      04-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #7
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Looks nice and something I would consider. Any noticeable difference driving wise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deseroner View Post
https://www.bidjdm.com/bidding/aucti.../id/e217949941

I will be ordering mine next ,how does it feel while driving.
After the installation...I did a trackday at Sonoma Raceway and I can't honestly say that I felt a difference although my car feels pretty solid as is. If there's a difference, I assume it's small enough to where it'd be difficult to identify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPower15 View Post
Looks dope bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by becausephilchow View Post
Looks great!
Thanks bros!
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
jjcannon2
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
After the installation...I did a trackday at Sonoma Raceway and I can't honestly say that I felt a difference although my car feels pretty solid as is. If there's a difference, I assume it's small enough to where it'd be difficult to identify.

Thanks bros!
Would you purchase the part again, now that you know it doesn't make a noticeable difference? I like the idea of it, just trying to justify picking it up. Thanks

Last edited by jjcannon2; 04-13-2017 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #9
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcannon2 View Post
Would you purchase the part again, now that you know it doesn't make a noticeable difference? I like the idea of it, just trying to justify picking it up. Thanks
Yeah, I can honestly say I would. There's no question it's a quality built piece and it looks great. Those 2 reasons are an improvment over the stock part for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #10
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks great. How thick is the OEM piece? I have had my eye on this part for added ground clearance. I scrape my bracket every once in awhile and it's the worst.

Maybe if there's enough of us interested, we can put in a bulk order?
Appreciate 1
dj_dub1802.50
      04-17-2017, 06:37 AM   #11
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

The stock part does its job just fine, so this part is unnecessary. For those with aftermarket midpipes that don't fit very well, though, this part may provide more clearance.

For undercar bling in your case, I would have gotten rid of the heat wrap at the end of the midpipe since heatwrap should be unnecessary in that location. Why is it there?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #12
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Looks great. How thick is the OEM piece? I have had my eye on this part for added ground clearance. I scrape my bracket every once in awhile and it's the worst.

Maybe if there's enough of us interested, we can put in a bulk order?
Thanks bro! ...the OEM piece seems to be slightly thicker, I'll measure it later after I get home from work. I would try contacting them to see if they'll agree to that...might make it worth their while to ship international.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
The stock part does its job just fine, so this part is unnecessary. For those with aftermarket midpipes that don't fit very well, though, this part may provide more clearance.

For undercar bling in your case, I would have gotten rid of the heat wrap at the end of the midpipe since heatwrap should be unnecessary in that location. Why is it there?
This part being unnecessary is subjective and I don't care to convince those that think so otherwise. I posted this because there's obvious interest in it and I wanted to give my firsthand experience with it.

As for the heat wrap, why would I put heat wrap in some random ass location if it didn't do anything?! lol I agree, it does look like shit. I have the MFactory CF Driveshaft...the manufacturer recommends to put heat wrap where the CF shaft is bonded to the flange to reduce the risk of separation. High heat transfer over time might degrade the bond (as seen with other CF driveshafts in the past)...the heat wrap is there to help minimize it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #13
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Then the heat wrap is a good idea. CF DS will weaken from heat (and disintegrate if it rubs something). The CF DS is a mod I would consider since a lighter one piece DS does improve performance. Is the M Factory DS the one that retains the guibo for vibration absorption? I have used DSS steel ones with no guibo and don't like them.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #14
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Then the heat wrap is a good idea. CF DS will weaken from heat (and disintegrate if it rubs something). The CF DS is a mod I would consider since a lighter one piece DS does improve performance. Is the M Factory DS the one that retains the guibo for vibration absorption? I have used DSS steel ones with no guibo and don't like them.
The MFactory CF DS uses the stock guibo thankfully...so no added vibration. One of my favorite mods, the car seems to respond a lot better IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #15
ChadB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09GTR 13 RDX 15 TLX 15 M3

I need one!
Appreciate 0