BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

01-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #177
VanM3Lover
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4.0 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Gents, I've put through my 2011 M3 ZCP order, for April Delivery, and I can confirm the following:

1. 19" GTS Wheels but in Silver
2. EDC Upgrade
3. 10MM Lower Springs

Its priced at approx. $4500 Canadian IIRC.

Few more notes -- as Mark and I have been sharing our dialogue with BMW Canada:

1. Frozen Grey is available, but not until August Production, as the UK has all of the Frozen Grey spots until then. Apparently, in March, the UK will receive a Frozen Grey edition..don't know the contents except colour.

2. Black Trim (Grill, Exhaust, etc) from the 2010 Edition Model is NOT available..the supplier ended production and they won't do one-offs anymore. I pressed and pressed, but no dice..

3. Black GTS wheels ARE available, but not until August production (IE after the GTS are delivered to customers)

4. Other note: I tried ordering the BMW Performance seats as an individual item, to no avail.

Hope this helps everyone..
The 19" M wheels cost $2000 CAD, if the GTS wheels were available as a standalone option it would cost ~$3000. So it comes down to $1500 for new EDC setting and 10mm lower ride height. Some people may spend the extra 1500 just to get the package and some may not. If it were me, I would spend the extra $1500 to get the whole package.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #178
Jack28
HUSTLER
Rep
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3

Can't wait for the official release.... It would've been nice to get the GTS 19's in black... wow zcp is gonna be sweet on the e92 M3... For me it is going to be worth the wait.... ill be ordering my e92 M3 in April...

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....

Last edited by Jack28; 01-27-2010 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #179
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanM3Lover View Post
The 19" M wheels cost $2000 CAD, if the GTS wheels were available as a standalone option it would cost ~$3000. So it comes down to $1500 for new EDC setting and 10mm lower ride height. Some people may spend the extra 1500 just to get the package and some may not. If it were me, I would spend the extra $1500 to get the whole package.
kevin! are there any anticipated incentives coming up, purchase or lease 2010 m3s?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #180
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

I'm surprised they are calling this a "Competition" package. I'm gonna call it how I see it......cut springs, cast wheels with a different design, and a new sport mode on the EDC, to compliment the sport mode that I thought already existed. It looks like an appearance package to me, and I can't imagine any of these competition items, really making an impact in any type of "competition. Where are the brakes, where is the weight loss, where is the power increase (hell, I'd take an air filter). I don't think BMW has gone official yet, with what is coming, but I was hoping for something that would make me want to trade up. The only thing I've read recently that has invoked feelings of an impulse buy, is the possibility of matte colors coming to the U.S. I'm actually bothered by the fact that the C63 is getting the upgrades and improvements from Mercedes in the peformance department. Things like brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...................///M needs to step it up. While ///M is building SUV's for the next stoplight , AMG is looking like the the real option for the hardcore enthusiast. I'll refrain from discussing the peformance advantage the CTS-V already has. Wake up BMW!
      01-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #181
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
I'm surprised they are calling this a "Competition" package. I'm gonna call it how I see it......cut springs, cast wheels with a different design, and a new sport mode on the EDC, to compliment the sport mode that I thought already existed. It looks like an appearance package to me, and I can't imagine any of these competition items, really making an impact in any type of "competition. Where are the brakes, where is the weight loss, where is the power increase (hell, I'd take an air filter). I don't think BMW has gone official yet, with what is coming, but I was hoping for something that would make me want to trade up. The only thing I've read recently that has invoked feelings of an impulse buy, is the possibility of matte colors coming to the U.S. I'm actually bothered by the fact that the C63 is getting the upgrades and improvements from Mercedes in the peformance department. Things like brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...................///M needs to step it up. While ///M is building SUV's for the next stoplight , AMG is looking like the the real option for the hardcore enthusiast. I'll refrain from discussing the peformance advantage the CTS-V already has. Wake up BMW!
I think you have to wake up. Ever heard of M3 GTS with "brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...." ? A "real option for the hardcore enthusiast" The C 63 AMG Performance an the CTS-V Coupe will never even come close to M3 GTS. M3 GTS is in 911 GT3, Gallardo Superleggera and 430 Scuderia league.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #182
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
M3 GTS is in 911 GT3, Gallardo Superleggera and 430 Scuderia league.
Let's see, can we buy a 911 GT3, preferably RS? Check.

Gallardo Superleggera? Check.

430 Scuderia? Check.

BMW M3 GTS? No, sold out, not available here, etc.

Now I'm not ready to dump the M3 for a C63 or a CTS-V, the M3's handling still acquits itself quite well. But...

I think that is the point.
      01-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #183
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I think you have to wake up. Ever heard of M3 GTS with "brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...." ? A "real option for the hardcore enthusiast".
Ever heard of America? You know, where the majority of the members on this site reside. You know the place where the GTS isn't coming and even if it did, the price they would want for it would price it out of the market. I mean seriously 189,450 euros for an M3. No thanks.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #184
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Please continue all discussion in this thread (which contains official details of the ZCP Competition package):

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345600
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread