BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2019, 05:01 PM   #507
PrimeBMW
Major
PrimeBMW's Avatar
No_Country
295
Rep
1,267
Posts

Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_PDX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
Oh? Why different groups?
I'm instructing Thursday so am running in the instructor group.

Unless you steal an instructor dot for Thursday for that sweet, sweet, open passing zones.
I usually go in the instructor group even though I don't instruct 😃
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 11:07 PM   #508
Chris_PDX
First Lieutenant
226
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
I usually go in the instructor group even though I don't instruct 😃
Cheater!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 11:08 PM   #509
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
1087
Rep
1,629
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 VW Eurovan  [0.00]
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Anybody know of any places to do some practice drifting? Would be a fun side gig to the main tracking hobby.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #510
Chris_PDX
First Lieutenant
226
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Anybody know of any places to do some practice drifting? Would be a fun side gig to the main tracking hobby.
Not sure about in the Seattle area. You might try asking in the Track subsection.

We have a small outdoor kart track here in the PDX area that holds drift events constantly, but it's a bit of a hike just for that. It's called Pat's Acres.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 04:06 PM   #511
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
1087
Rep
1,629
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 VW Eurovan  [0.00]
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_PDX View Post
Not sure about in the Seattle area. You might try asking in the Track subsection.

We have a small outdoor kart track here in the PDX area that holds drift events constantly, but it's a bit of a hike just for that. It's called Pat's Acres.
Yea, that's pretty far for some hooning replacement therapy. That sounds fun though.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 01:24 AM   #512
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
1087
Rep
1,629
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 VW Eurovan  [0.00]
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Anybody else signed up for the Global Time Attack event at The Ridge??
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #513
kerrit
Captain
217
Rep
953
Posts

Drives: MR 6MT ESS-550 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
2014 M5 CP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Anybody know of any places to do some practice drifting? Would be a fun side gig to the main tracking hobby.
I've been thinking about this as well when it comes time to finish off tires for a new set. Evergreen Speedway in Monroe has open drift days. There's an infield area where it's pretty safe as well, versus the high speed banks.
__________________
6MT | ESS-550 | KW ClubSport | Sparta 380/355 BBK
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #514
Chris_PDX
First Lieutenant
226
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Anybody else signed up for the Global Time Attack event at The Ridge??
I have some friends going up for it. I thought about it, but I don't want to have to swap tires for it. Also, I'm not that as familiar with the Ridge.

May go up just to spectate though, as the pedestrian bridge should be done by then!
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo1087.00

      03-07-2020, 11:20 AM   #515
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
1087
Rep
1,629
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 VW Eurovan  [0.00]
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_PDX View Post
I have some friends going up for it. I thought about it, but I don't want to have to swap tires for it. Also, I'm not that as familiar with the Ridge.

May go up just to spectate though, as the pedestrian bridge should be done by then!
Yea I'm going to need to get new wheels and switch from 275 NT01 to the 295 A052 at some point.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #516
Chris_PDX
First Lieutenant
226
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Yea I'm going to need to get new wheels and switch from 275 NT01 to the 295 A052 at some point.
They require Yokohama's since it's their sponsor, and I normally run Hankook.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #517
Chris_PDX
First Lieutenant
226
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
FYI the HOD day on the 27th and the Audi club days on the 28th/29th at the Ridge are cancelled.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 01:08 AM   #518
TMANN
Private
TMANN's Avatar
21
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Apologies if this seems insensitive, but just thinking about how to contribute to the local economy and bring a little joy to our lives with all of the sad news...

With all the HPDE cancellations happening, does anyone know if there might be any open track days in the near future at Pacific, The Ridge or ORP? I'm wondering if it is possible/safe to do this with no classroom/download sessions and no instructors, everyone just staying in their cars solo. Even the corner workers are solo typically except at lunch.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #519
Chris_PDX
First Lieutenant
226
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
Apologies if this seems insensitive, but just thinking about how to contribute to the local economy and bring a little joy to our lives with all of the sad news...

With all the HPDE cancellations happening, does anyone know if there might be any open track days in the near future at Pacific, The Ridge or ORP? I'm wondering if it is possible/safe to do this with no classroom/download sessions and no instructors, everyone just staying in their cars solo. Even the corner workers are solo typically except at lunch.
ORP ran a club track day this past weekend. A few of us have been talking about asking ORP if we can rent it out (we've done it before) for just 5-6 of us, or 10 max. That gets expensive though, and typically also means no flaggers, no safety, etc. and cycling through 1 person in the tower for flags and a radio into the office.

That said... I'm leaning towards just staying home, having a pint, and waiting for this whole thing to blow over...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #520
TMANN
Private
TMANN's Avatar
21
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_PDX View Post
ORP ran a club track day this past weekend. A few of us have been talking about asking ORP if we can rent it out (we've done it before) for just 5-6 of us, or 10 max. That gets expensive though, and typically also means no flaggers, no safety, etc. and cycling through 1 person in the tower for flags and a radio into the office.

That said... I'm leaning towards just staying home, having a pint, and waiting for this whole thing to blow over...
Agree, my wife doesn't even want me working under the car in the garage (QuickJack) for fear I injure myself and have to go to the hospital.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #521
Vybz
Lieutenant
Vybz's Avatar
Jamaica
82
Rep
580
Posts

Drives: Adidas and Puma
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kitsap County, WA

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [4.30]
That honestly seems like the best idea Chris. Not much else we can do.
__________________
Highway Star Garage / Ruined Luxury Auto
InstaGram: Ruinedluxury_vybz
NA1 NSX - Storage 2nd Gen Taco - Daily
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #522
PrimeBMW
Major
PrimeBMW's Avatar
No_Country
295
Rep
1,267
Posts

Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Anybody else signed up for the Global Time Attack event at The Ridge??
I'm thinking about it (if it happens). I already run Yoko slicks.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST