BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
741
Rep
954
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

F1: Japanese GP '19

a week more towards Suzuka but last year's race was yummy.. and there was a scene pretty similar with Canada this year in the chicane..

video needs to be watched on Youtube as always..

__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 3
      10-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
428
Rep
1,003
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Suzuka Turn 130R in 2002....MASSIVE SHUNT



Alan McNish in a massive shunt during quali

This turn is equal to or greater than the hold-your-breath turns remaining in F1....Eau Rouge, Parabolica, 130R....

Perhaps Sunday's podium....
HAM
LEC
VET
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 10-02-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
      10-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #3
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
741
Rep
954
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

17 years but feels like a couple of years.. getting older..

even Ron Dennis had a crash over there with a McLaren F1 i guess it was in '93..
and of course 200-300m further well known Senna-Prost incident in the chicane.. wasnt an accident since Prost closes on Senna deliberately..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 3
      10-03-2019, 05:37 AM   #4
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Prediction for quali,
LEC
MAX
SEB
HAM
BOT
ALB
Prediction for race finish,
No way
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2019, 06:05 AM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18563
Rep
11,251
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Prediction for quali,
LEC
MAX
SEB
HAM
BOT
ALB
Prediction for race finish,
No way
RB-HONDA is home....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2019, 06:15 AM   #6
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
RB-HONDA is home....
Does Max like sushi?
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2019, 06:38 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18563
Rep
11,251
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Does Max like sushi?
Negative . Max likes only Belgian food like Belgian fries with mussels or steak .

Cheers my friend !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 03:40 AM   #8
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative . Max likes only Belgian food like Belgian fries with mussels or steak .

Cheers my friend !
Next time I have fries, not the soggy ones from fish and chip shops but nicely done nearly crispy from my local sish kebab place I will try them with mayonnaise, popular in Belgium.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18563
Rep
11,251
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Next time I have fries, not the soggy ones from fish and chip shops but nicely done nearly crispy from my local sish kebab place I will try them with mayonnaise, popular in Belgium.
Spot on !

EDIT : Japanese advertising video . Well....

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 10-04-2019 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #10
apexit4
Captain
Poland
283
Rep
687
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

A small montage of the most exciting 130R moments, arguably the circuits best/well know corner:

Appreciate 2
      10-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #11
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
428
Rep
1,003
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the 130R montage of this hold-your-breath flat out turn....the sound of the normally aspirated V10's is such a great memory.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 10-04-2019 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #12
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Spot on !

EDIT : Japanese advertising video . Well....

Not bad for Ham and Seb though Max could do with a fresh identikit.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #13
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
234
Rep
401
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

This pole is between ham and lec
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18563
Rep
11,251
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender150 View Post
This pole is between ham and lec
1-Charles
2-Sebastian
3-Lewis
4-MAX (if he gets enough Honda ponies to keep off Bottas)
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 05:08 AM   #15
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
1-Charles
2-Sebastian
3-Lewis
4-MAX (if he gets enough Honda ponies to keep off Bottas)
I wouldn't argue with that
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 05:18 AM   #16
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Jean Alesi has called for penalties for drivers who speed over asphalt run off areas referring to the Sochi F2 incident and the Spa tragedy.
I'm not one for adding to the many rules to F1 but Alesi's suggestion makes sense to me in light of what's happened.
Comments?
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #17
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
440
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Jean Alesi has called for penalties for drivers who speed over asphalt run off areas referring to the Sochi F2 incident and the Spa tragedy.
I'm not one for adding to the many rules to F1 but Alesi's suggestion makes sense to me in light of what's happened.
Comments?
Forget about those penalties, and bring back gravel. Getting stuck vs time penalties will make these guys twice before trying any over ambitious moves.

F1 has become way too kind.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #18
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
Forget about those penalties, and bring back gravel. Getting stuck vs time penalties will make these guys twice before trying any over ambitious moves.

F1 has become way too kind.
Absolutely with you on that and the loose gravel may have slowed down those F2 cars just a bit before serious injury or worse happened.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #19
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
428
Rep
1,003
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Gravel is not safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Absolutely with you on that and the loose gravel may have slowed down those F2 cars just a bit before serious injury or worse happened.



Watch this fact-based, concise information regarding runoff areas....it does not include gravel.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #20
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post


Watch this fact-based, concise information regarding runoff areas....it does not include gravel.
Very good vid..I did see a bit there on running on gravel.
The main deterrent is as the commentator says is for the drivers to STAY on the track but we know that's easier said than done seeing the ferocity of the racing.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #21
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
428
Rep
1,003
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Gravel is not safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Very good vid..I did see a bit there on running on gravel.
The main deterrent is as the commentator says is for the drivers to STAY on the track but we know that's easier said than done seeing the ferocity of the racing.
Yes - if you watch the gravel segment it shows why it does not slow the car down when the car is driving straight - it does slow the car down when the car is sliding sideways, but this can easily cause the car to roll over - it goes on to state gravel is dragged back onto the racing surface and causes unintended punctures and potential crashes.

An asphalt runoff area and the significant friction to slow the car and utilization of bollards that the driver must negotiate to return to the racing surface in a more controlled way and is stated to be the best option at this time.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #22
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1154
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Yes - if you watch the gravel segment it shows why it does not slow the car down when the car is driving straight - it does slow the car down when the car is sliding sideways, but this can easily cause the car to roll over - it goes on to state gravel is dragged back onto the racing surface and causes unintended punctures and potential crashes.

An asphalt runoff area and the significant friction to slow the car and utilization of bollards that the driver must negotiate to return to the racing surface in a more controlled way and is stated to be the best option at this time.
That may be so though if a car is carrying excessive speed into a bend the gravel will slow the car much quicker sideways to a point UNLESS it's crazy speed then it's in danger of flipping.Again as the commentator says if the driver approaches a corner at that speed knowing he may go off it's his bad decision and should optimise to keep the car within the track limits.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST