BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

08-11-2019, 06:49 AM   #1
su_root
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82

received the car back from some light collision work in the driver rear quarter panel / wheel well area and I'm now hearing a constant hiss from from the sub speaker under drivers seat.

'13 E92 M3 with iDrive

Troubleshooting I've Tried:
- reseated MOST cable at amplifier
- reseated 20-pin black connector at amplifier
- reseated connectors at rear of headunit /CCC unit (I removed the AC ducts and plastic trims to remove headunit)

When I removed the most cable from the amp side, all sounds stopped ofcourse. this leads me to believe the interference is coming in from or being fed to the amp input.

without MOST signal(audio input as I understand) but amp still powered on the hissing and static stops. the speakers are still 'powered on' as the amp is still on. does this mean the amp is not the one introducing the noise?

any next steps would be appreciated! thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0