BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

06-22-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
blowbackpolicy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Focal BMW IS 100L Replacement Speakers

One of my EPS tweeters in the front door blew so I went looking for a replacement. I ended up installing a set of Focal BMW IS 100L speakers in the front doors. I couldn't find much info on the forum regarding how they sounded compared to the EPS speakers. They were a straight plug and play install. You bypass the factory door crossover and mount the Focal crossover with double-sided tape. There are two options for the tweeter, -3DB and regular volume. For EPS, definitely run -3DB as the tweeter is 4ohm. When installing, make sure that the pigtails are all firmly seated. I thought I had an issue with one of the crossovers until I realized that the pins hadn't seated all the way. The crossovers require no external ground or power. They also come with zero instructions but it is easy to figure out.

First impressions are good! The sound is much improved. The sound clarity is definitely better than the orange/gold EPS speakers and tweeters. You can hear more fine sounds. I am impressed with the quality of the music. The midrange drivers are not as heavy compared to the stock speakers but they do sound better. I am thinking that they will sound even better once they are broken in. They are a bit pricey at $550.00 but definitely an upgrade and 100% plug and play and reversible. I went with these over Bavsound/BSW because I already have the Ghost subs and was not impressed. I also heard reviews stating that the Bavsound/BSW door speakers are not really an upgrade from EPS.

I hope this is helpful for anyone needing door speakers!
ARC-8 Wheels - Stoptech Trophy BBK - Solid Subframe Bushings - Purple Diff Bushings - Topspeed X-pipe - Megan Catback - AFE Carbon Intake - RE Pullies - BPM Tune - GAS Monoballs - ECS Front Sway - GTS Wing - Autosolutions SSK - Vibratechnics Motor Mounts - Revshift Tranny Mounts - VAC Bearings - Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers - Dinan Camber Plates - Ultra Front Strut Bar - BSW Ghost Subs - Matek Diffuser
Appreciate 0