BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

01-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #67
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
The dip switches shouldn't change based on Bluetooth options, they should depend on your screen size and resolution.

The only person I've heard needing to modify the dip switches was someone on a 335 so far?

If you modify them otherwise not sure what impacts it could have.
Thanks. Took me about 45 mins to run the camera rcas. Took two minutes to code with ncs expert. Ironic.

Need to run the mic after lunch.
      01-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #68
e92335drew
Rep
Drives: 335 e92

Hey making a 2nd request for any instruction manuals for the dip switch settings... My box came with no manual on this so I'm not sure which dip switches I need to activate for my car.

Its a 2009 pre-lci e92 with individual audio if anyone is able to help!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 03:55 PM   #69
zcp312
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Has anyone tried or know if it's possible to do the coding with Bimmercode after installation? Unfortunately I installed the Bimmertech unit about a month ago and didn't see this coding piece.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 05:31 PM   #70
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335drew View Post
Hey making a 2nd request for any instruction manuals for the dip switch settings... My box came with no manual on this so I'm not sure which dip switches I need to activate for my car.

Look in the above post. Someone told me try 3 and 4 on. That worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #71
e92335drew
Rep

For the microphone. What do these two pig tails on the left connect to?
Attached Images

Last edited by e92335drew; 01-16-2021 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #72
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:

For Carsara 3/4 should be on. All others off. There should be no other settings that work on the E9x M3.
      01-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #73
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
There is an in and an out for each size connector. I believe the bigger connector is the unused set for our car. So one of these connectors will connect to the microphone itself. The other one will connect to your existing microphone cable. Two connectors will remain unused - I wrapped them with electrical tape so they wouldn't rattle.
      01-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #74
e92335drew
Rep

Quote:
There is an in and an out for each size connector. I believe the bigger connector is the unused set for our car. So one of these connectors will connect to the microphone itself. The other one will connect to your existing microphone cable. Two connectors will remain unused - I wrapped them with electrical tape so they wouldn't rattle.
Alright, I assumed so as one of the connectors looked for the mic they included and just assumed the other ones gotta be generic. Figured worst case the easiest part is dropping that dome light and dealing with it later. That A pillar and running the mic cable was definitely the worst part of the install. Aside from realizing that my shift knob was in the way, having to youtube how to put the car in neutral with the battery off.

Now I'm stuck on the wiring for the back of the CIC. Somehow my carplay box input is a female connection to female connection on the CIC... Not sure what I did wrong there so back to reading posts as I swear in my readings someone else has mentioned this.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 08:38 PM   #75
e92335drew
Rep

Quote:
For Carsara 3/4 should be on. All others off. There should be no other settings that work on the E9x M3.

I'm e92 335
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #76
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm e92 335
Try 3/4/7 on. I think someone else posted that configuration. I have the pdf on my laptop but don't have it handy.
      01-16-2021, 08:51 PM   #77
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Alright, I assumed so as one of the connectors looked for the mic they included and just assumed the other ones gotta be generic. Figured worst case the easiest part is dropping that dome light and dealing with it later. That A pillar and running the mic cable was definitely the worst part of the install. Aside from realizing that my shift knob was in the way, having to youtube how to put the car in neutral with the battery off.

Now I'm stuck on the wiring for the back of the CIC. Somehow my carplay box input is a female connection to female connection on the CIC... Not sure what I did wrong there so back to reading posts as I swear in my readings someone else has mentioned this.
Someone mentioned they got the wrong cable in their package. I don't know if they ever resolved it?

Did you try all possible configurations? One end needs to connect to your existing LVDS cable I don't recall which ends were male vs female.
      01-16-2021, 09:05 PM   #78
e92335drew
Rep

Quote:
Someone mentioned they got the wrong cable in their package. I don't know if they ever resolved it?

Did you try all possible configurations? One end needs to connect to your existing LVDS cable I don't recall which ends were male vs female.
I think that’s what I have going on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:37 PM   #79
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The other two are for when you already have a microphone installed and want to use that instead of the one provided.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:45 PM   #80
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep

Any optimal equalizer settings yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:52 PM   #81
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I think that’s what I have going on.
Ok yeah they must've had a bad batch lately. So that cable is female to female?

Contact the seller see if they will refund or send you the right set.
      01-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #82
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:

Here are the instructions.
      01-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #83
Metrics
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5 BiTurbo

Ladies and Gents

I've just posted on the original (big!) thread but as this is Carsara specific I hope someone can help/advise me please. I've followed this thread with interest - thanks to Cyberdemon and you all for making this such a helpful resource

I run a 2012 F10 Alpina (sorry ) with CIC and decided to take the plunge with a Carsara box and installed it today. It's almost there but I have the exact same problem as PACarGuy - after 1 min I get the same error message, see image.

Like your E9* installations, my car did not need the iDrive loom - the controller works the screen perfectly. A# is connected to B#.
I've tried connecting L# to B# but then the display does not come on at all.
I've also tried connecting the IDrive loom in case this works, but nothing with that either.
The most successful option is A# direct to B# with L# not attached to anything, but I get this error message every 1 min.

Any suggestions guys? I wonder if something is needed into the feed L# and this is tripping the message??

One other quirk is if I turn on the radio with the ignition off, before the install I'd get the iDrive screen switch on and radio would play. Now radio plays but I get no iDrive screen, only an orange screen.
But if I turn the ignition on, normal BMW splash screen and iDrive screen loads as normal.

Other than this it seems to work ok. I've emailed carsara and hope they can help, or I hope someone can advise me on how to solve?

On audio, like you guys I've tried to code out AUX from the console to HU only but I only get the first code option CDMM_AUX_HU - I've changed to "aktiv"
But I can't find the USB_SINGLE or DOUBLE
Currently I am only getting audio if I connect the aux wire into the console (so it's still live despite the one code change I made)

Any advice would be gratefully received
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #84
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrics View Post
Ladies and Gents

I've just posted on the original (big!) thread but as this is Carsara specific I hope someone can help/advise me please. I've followed this thread with interest - thanks to Cyberdemon and you all for making this such a helpful resource

I run a 2012 F10 Alpina (sorry ) with CIC and decided to take the plunge with a Carsara box and installed it today. It's almost there but I have the exact same problem as PACarGuy - after 1 min I get the same error message, see image.

Like your E9* installations, my car did not need the iDrive loom - the controller works the screen perfectly. A# is connected to B#.
I've tried connecting L# to B# but then the display does not come on at all.
I've also tried connecting the IDrive loom in case this works, but nothing with that either.
The most successful option is A# direct to B# with L# not attached to anything, but I get this error message every 1 min.

Any suggestions guys? I wonder if something is needed into the feed L# and this is tripping the message??

One other quirk is if I turn on the radio with the ignition off, before the install I'd get the iDrive screen switch on and radio would play. Now radio plays but I get no iDrive screen, only an orange screen.
But if I turn the ignition on, normal BMW splash screen and iDrive screen loads as normal.

Other than this it seems to work ok. I've emailed carsara and hope they can help, or I hope someone can advise me on how to solve?

On audio, like you guys I've tried to code out AUX from the console to HU only but I only get the first code option CDMM_AUX_HU - I've changed to "aktiv"
But I can't find the USB_SINGLE or DOUBLE
Currently I am only getting audio if I connect the aux wire into the console (so it's still live despite the one code change I made)

Any advice would be gratefully received
I got that error, and in my case I unplugged the CIC-KT cable from L# and that solved the issue. Even though the CIC-KT was not connected to the iDrive controller, it was still causing an issue. Once I disconnected the loop and removed the iDrive controller cable from everything, all worked normally. Did you check all the other connections?
      01-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #85
Metrics
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5 BiTurbo

Hi PACarGuy. Yes I saw your post and tried that. My loom didn't have the CIC-KT connected, so I tried connecting again in case it made any difference but it didn't. The loop is also removed.

I'm pretty sure all the connections are good but that's something I will check again as I go through it all again. Really puzzled on what's occurring
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy679.00
      01-17-2021, 02:59 PM   #86
bighindu79
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrics View Post
Hi PACarGuy. Yes I saw your post and tried that. My loom didn't have the CIC-KT connected, so I tried connecting again in case it made any difference but it didn't. The loop is also removed.

I'm pretty sure all the connections are good but that's something I will check again as I go through it all again. Really puzzled on what's occurring
check your dip switch positions. Barring any wiring issues, that would be the next thing I would check.
Appreciate 2
PACarGuy679.00
      01-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #87
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That was me, I did get the right cable eventually from seller. I wish there had been a cheap cable I could order that would get here faster. Everything worked once I got the cable.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #88
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazty Naze One! View Post
Any optimal equalizer settings yet?
I copied this from someone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1