BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

BPM

10-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

There's a new number 1 in town boys...

I think this whole poll thing is bullshit anyways, i don't think Bama should have dropped that far. They are by far the 2nd best team in the nation.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
donvava
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

put some money on clemson
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #25
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
There's a new number 1 in town boys...

I think this whole poll thing is bullshit anyways, i don't think Bama should have dropped that far. They are by far the 2nd best team in the nation.
You sure about that? Fluke or not they still lost to #19 South Carolina.
The entire SEC is now not only bruised, but wounded due to the fall of the crimson tide. Hopefully Oregon WILL lose to Arizona or Stanford so my Broncos can take it all the way to the championship and shut the entire nation up

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

My team is a disaster right now so I have no smack to talk.

10-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #27
jacory12
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black

Rough weekend for miami, team just didn't look prepared, congrats to Florida State.... frustrating watching the same issues every year with Shannon, best hope is that Miami wins the coastal and gets to rematch FSU, oh well at least the gators lost agin to the Mad Hatter
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Shut the nation up? Give the nation what they want, a TCU-BSU rematch for the championship!

Your last 5 years is a fluke. Go play someone relevant and then we'll talk.

Mon, Sep 6 at (10) Virginia Tech W 33-30
Sat, Sep 18 at Wyoming W 51-6
Sat, Sep 25 (24) Oregon State W 37-24
Sat, Oct 2 at New Mexico State W 59-0
Sat, Oct 9 Toledo W 57-14
Sat, Oct 16 at San Jose State 8:00 pm
Tue, Oct 26 Louisiana Tech 8:00 pm
Sat, Nov 6 Hawaii 2:00 pm
Fri, Nov 12 at Idaho 9:00 pm
Fri, Nov 19 Fresno State 9:30 pm
Fri, Nov 26 at (21) Nevada 10:15 pm
Sat, Dec 4 Utah State 3:00 pm

"oh man, I'm just shaking for the away game on front of 400 ppl in San Jose State.
Danger, an away game at Idaho, it'll be like Auburn-Bama.
Oh no! the Aggies of....Utah State to close out the season, on par with the Big 12 Championship game that weekend, hopefully we can get on ESPN-U and show the country how overwhelming our PAC10 rejects are playing gimmicky football"

Face it, if you were in the PAC 10, Big 12, SEC, BSU will at least lose 4 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
You sure about that? Fluke or not they still lost to #19 South Carolina.
The entire SEC is now not only bruised, but wounded due to the fall of the crimson tide. Hopefully Oregon WILL lose to Arizona or Stanford so my Broncos can take it all the way to the championship and shut the entire nation up

Last edited by mdosu; 10-12-2010 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacory12 View Post
Rough weekend for miami, team just didn't look prepared, congrats to Florida State.... frustrating watching the same issues every year with Shannon, best hope is that Miami wins the coastal and gets to rematch FSU, oh well at least the gators lost agin to the Mad Hatter
yeah college football just isn't the same when Miami is down.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #30
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacory12 View Post
While I loved every second of the game, I wish Miami had been better prepared and made it competitive, like last year. I spend the entire game last year gnawing my fingernails off.

On a side note, when I left the stadium some wasted UM fan came up to me and looked at my shirt (was wearing a FSU Baseball ACC Champions shirt) and he just said, "I don't like your shirt. We have to fight now" and proceeded to rip his shirt off. Thankfully his friends came over and took him away before he started anything. And I saw this Miami fan after the game:

10-13-2010, 02:33 AM   #31
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Shut the nation up? Give the nation what they want, a TCU-BSU rematch for the championship!

Your last 5 years is a fluke. Go play someone relevant and then we'll talk.

Mon, Sep 6 at (10) Virginia Tech W 33-30
Sat, Sep 18 at Wyoming W 51-6
Sat, Sep 25 (24) Oregon State W 37-24
Sat, Oct 2 at New Mexico State W 59-0
Sat, Oct 9 Toledo W 57-14
Sat, Oct 16 at San Jose State 8:00 pm
Tue, Oct 26 Louisiana Tech 8:00 pm
Sat, Nov 6 Hawaii 2:00 pm
Fri, Nov 12 at Idaho 9:00 pm
Fri, Nov 19 Fresno State 9:30 pm
Fri, Nov 26 at (21) Nevada 10:15 pm
Sat, Dec 4 Utah State 3:00 pm

"oh man, I'm just shaking for the away game on front of 400 ppl in San Jose State.
Danger, an away game at Idaho, it'll be like Auburn-Bama.
Oh no! the Aggies of....Utah State to close out the season, on par with the Big 12 Championship game that weekend, hopefully we can get on ESPN-U and show the country how overwhelming our PAC10 rejects are playing gimmicky football"

Face it, if you were in the PAC 10, Big 12, SEC, BSU will at least lose 4 a year.

Not everyone plays as hard of a schedule as the SEC. EVERYONE knows that, but for now were doing what we can and yes we cany compete with the big boys. By the time we play Nevada they should be ranked around 15th. Next year in the MW sure we may lose a game or two, but atleast my team will have more recognition for their wins.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #32
jacory12
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black

Just some food for thought regarding Boise, thought it was interesting....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...les/index.html

Seminole, glad you had fun at the game, was hoping for the more usual down to the last possesion finish as well for the Canes, just didn't show up and they need to develop another QB, Jacory is so fragile and not mobile enough behing that suboptimal o-line.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #33
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

The BSU-Nevada game should be a good one.

I'm a Michigan fan. Which means I don't have the right to smack talk anyone. In fact, I've gone into Millen-era "Lions-mode" already, refusing to attend games or patronize my alma mater in any way until they get rid of the losers on that staff. Denard Robinson MIGHT win one more game for them if he doesn't get absolutely broken by the Big 10 defenses, but I'm hoping they lose out so we can get rid of those coaches. As much as I hated losing to State, it was nice to see that there's a chance we could find someone like Dantonio to revive the program and restore it to the way it should be. The way MSU dominated the lines and shut down a formidable weapon in Denard Robinson.... That's what Michigan football used to be about. The shoe is on the other foot now.

That being said, it pisses me off that OSU and MSU won't be playing this year. That would be one helluva game.

It's a sad day in Michigan when we look forward to watching the Lions moreso than the Wolverines.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #34
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The BSU-Nevada game should be a good one.

I'm a Michigan fan. Which means I don't have the right to smack talk anyone. In fact, I've gone into Millen-era "Lions-mode" already, refusing to attend games or patronize my alma mater in any way until they get rid of the losers on that staff. Denard Robinson MIGHT win one more game for them if he doesn't get absolutely broken by the Big 10 defenses, but I'm hoping they lose out so we can get rid of those coaches. As much as I hated losing to State, it was nice to see that there's a chance we could find someone like Dantonio to revive the program and restore it to the way it should be. The way MSU dominated the lines and shut down a formidable weapon in Denard Robinson.... That's what Michigan football used to be about. The shoe is on the other foot now.

That being said, it pisses me off that OSU and MSU won't be playing this year. That would be one helluva game.

It's a sad day in Michigan when we look forward to watching the Lions moreso than the Wolverines.
Next year, there no longer will be Big Ten teams not playing each other. There were a lot of questionable Rose Bowl representatives in the 90's b/c of this, IE Wisconsin and Northwestern.

As an OSU fan, I'm tired of rooting against Michigan now. It was fun for the first 2 years of Rich Rod, but I guess the administration will give him for than 2 years... Big Ten football is at it's best with Ohio State, Penn St, and Michigan as top dogs.

Denard Robinson, is NOT a good quarterback. He's a great running back, but if Mich has to pass, you're screwed. I'm going to say D-Rob will not be the starting quarterback by the time the OSU games comes up, either b/c:
1. He's hurt
2. He needs to share time and carries/passes with Forcier.

He CANNOT carry 28 times a game against the likes of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio St, he's going to get broken.

Hopefully Mich will do the right thing and bring in Harbaugh or Miles in and fix their shit! The whole country is laughing them.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #35
Seabiscuit
Aequitas Veritas
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

UNM is officially the worst team in the nation! woo!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #36
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Didn't even know this thread existed (never really stray from OT), but damn, my boys got whooped last week.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #37
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

My poor Ole Miss is probably gonna get smashed by a very mad Bama this weekend unless we pulled our defense together after our off week we just had.
      10-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #38
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Let's start, bring your best!

Go Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
you sound like a Cubs fan.
Hey that hurts!

Quote:
As an OSU fan, I'm tired of rooting against Michigan now. It was fun for the first 2 years of Rich Rod, but I guess the administration will give him for than 2 years... Big Ten football is at it's best with Ohio State, Penn St, and Michigan as top dogs.

Denard Robinson, is NOT a good quarterback. He's a great running back, but if Mich has to pass, you're screwed. I'm going to say D-Rob will not be the starting quarterback by the time the OSU games comes up, either b/c:
1. He's hurt

He CANNOT carry 28 times a game against the likes of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio St, he's going to get broken.

Hopefully Mich will do the right thing and bring in Harbaugh or Miles in and fix their shit! The whole country is laughing them.
1. Big Ten football IS at its best when the big 3 are good.

2. I never get tired of rooting against Michigan.

3. Denard Robinsons passing stats are better than most people assume.

I was telling my buddy last weekend that D Robs stats were only good because he hasn't played against a REAL defense yet....lo and behold MSU shut him down.

Should be a good game 7pm ET on Saturday.

Go Bucks!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #39
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
True but OSU, Iowa, and MSU are alive and well, and PSU will be back as soon as they put someone halfway decent at QB. Also, Wisconsin is pretty beast this year. I don't know how old you are, but MSU used to be a constant part of the BigTen contender equation, before they started hiring losers on their staff. Sound familiar? Michigan's got a long road to recovery now. And I'm tired of hearing "the cupboard was left bare by Lloyd". REALLY??? How about Mallett? Boren? The multitude of guys who left early because they didn't want to lose anymore? The cupboard was bare MY ASS. Dick Rod and his gimmicky scheme drove all the best players away. Three years in, and he's STILL making those excuses.... Exactly how long did he expect people to give him before they started questioning that bullshit excuse?

Quote:
1. He's hurt

Damn straight. Robinson will go down against BigTen defenses. He's already shown he's pretty fragile. And you're halfway right about him not being a quarterback. He's not a FBS first-tier conference quarterback. Maybe that shit flies in the Big East (no offense to them), FCS, or high school, but not in the BigTen. Add to that the fact that BigTen coaches WILL eat you alive if you don't adjust or anticipate adjustments.... As evidenced by every second half collapsing act DRod has spearheaded since he took charge.

Quote:
Yeah it's ok to have a down year or two. Even transitional period where you're showing progress is ok. But to be 5-0 and still be laughed at about how your pass defense is 120th out of 120 FBS teams? Really? That's a fucking embarrassment. Absolutely unacceptable. Anyone who didn't anticipate an ass whooping at the hands of MSU was either living in a bubble or somehow still in denial. We're in the exact same boat we were in last year. Four wins against four weak non-conference opponents and a just-barely (and quite embarrassing) win against Indiana.

I hate to be armchair quarterback, or armchair coach, but I guarantee you I couldn't do worse as a defensive coordinator than Greg Robinson. I'd do it for half his paycheck too. Hell, I'd do it for a one-year FREE trial period.

Michigan has become the butt of so many jokes that it's just worn out to even joke about it anymore. Michigan sucking is already yesterday's news. What an embarrassment. And you know what else sucks? UofM alumni are so damned complacent and subdued that it's been allowed to go on this long. You think this shit would fly at OSU? Hell no. Columbus would be burned to the ground if this shit was going on down there.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #40
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
I'm tired of the SEC winning,
+1

FIGHT ON!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #41
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
I hate to be armchair quarterback, or armchair coach, but I guarantee you I couldn't do worse as a defensive coordinator than Greg Robinson. I'd do it for half his paycheck too. Hell, I'd do it for a one-year FREE trial period.

This made me really LOL.....
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #42
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
True but OSU, Iowa, and MSU are alive and well, and PSU will be back as soon as they put someone halfway decent at QB. Also, Wisconsin is pretty beast this year. I don't know how old you are, but MSU used to be a constant part of the BigTen contender equation, before they started hiring losers on their staff. Sound familiar? Michigan's got a long road to recovery now. And I'm tired of hearing "the cupboard was left bare by Lloyd". REALLY??? How about Mallett? Boren? The multitude of guys who left early because they didn't want to lose anymore? The cupboard was bare MY ASS. Dick Rod and his gimmicky scheme drove all the best players away. Three years in, and he's STILL making those excuses.... Exactly how long did he expect people to give him before they started questioning that bullshit excuse?

Damn straight. Robinson will go down against BigTen defenses. He's already shown he's pretty fragile. And you're halfway right about him not being a quarterback. He's not a FBS first-tier conference quarterback. Maybe that shit flies in the Big East (no offense to them), FCS, or high school, but not in the BigTen. Add to that the fact that BigTen coaches WILL eat you alive if you don't adjust or anticipate adjustments.... As evidenced by every second half collapsing act DRod has spearheaded since he took charge.

Yeah it's ok to have a down year or two. Even transitional period where you're showing progress is ok. But to be 5-0 and still be laughed at about how your pass defense is 120th out of 120 FBS teams? Really? That's a fucking embarrassment. Absolutely unacceptable. Anyone who didn't anticipate an ass whooping at the hands of MSU was either living in a bubble or somehow still in denial. We're in the exact same boat we were in last year. Four wins against four weak non-conference opponents and a just-barely (and quite embarrassing) win against Indiana.

Michigan has become the butt of so many jokes that it's just worn out to even joke about it anymore. Michigan sucking is already yesterday's news. What an embarrassment. And you know what else sucks? UofM alumni are so damned complacent and subdued that it's been allowed to go on this long. You think this shit would fly at OSU? Hell no. Columbus would be burned to the ground if this shit was going on down there.

1.I've been watching Big Ten football since 95. MSU was really good in 1999 and maybe 2000. Once Saban left it was downhill until Dantonio came in b/c he can coach defense.

2. There were plenty of talent left over at Michigan, many players didn't think they could fit in and left, that's when the cupboards were empty. I could see how a high school kid really bought into Carr's philosophy and when he left all that went out the window. And I'm not simply talking about the offense style he was running. The whole team philosophy will be new with a completely new head coach. Generally it stays the same if the coach was promoted internally.

3. Looks like you're not delusional that 5-0 didn't mean anything if you didn't play defense. I read many fan blogs that proclaim that Michigan will win the Big Ten or get into BCS bowl, laughable, the team needs to learn to keep the ball on front of them first.

4. If this shit went down in Columbus, the guy will be out in 3 years max or the town will be set on fire.

6. What made Rich Rod think that bringing in Robinson, who was an absolute disaster at Syracuse, was a good idea?
I would have given the job to a up and coming FCS assistant coach than him. If people under you fail, it's still your fault!

Last edited by mdosu; 10-15-2010 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #43
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
1. PSU's biggest problem isn't their quarterback. He's doing ok for a true freshman that didn't enroll early and is legitimately afraid for his life. PSU's biggest problem, hands down, is its coaching staff. There are a variety of personnel issues this season as well, but most all of it circles back to the staff.

2. Anyone who says Carr didn't leave any talent in Ann Arbor is a fool. Rich Rod drove off a core group of talent and to replace it decided that recruiting 15 slot receivers per class was a good idea. Michigan has no real depth across either line and can hardly field 11 guys on defense. He's a total clown with more ego than brains because everyone but him knew his WVU gimmicks weren't going to work in the Big 10.
      10-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #44
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
This guy, a UF grad mind you, absolutely rips Meyer over the reinstatement of Chris Rainey.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...stating-rainey

Quote:
Florida coach Urban Meyer, who let talented touchdown-maker Chris Rainey return to practice this week -- one month after Rainey threatened his girlfriend's life -- talks about players like family. They're his children. His sons. In real life, of course, Urban Meyer has a son of his own, and he has two daughters. And so, for a change, I want him to think about this:

Don't think of Chris Rainey as his son.

Think of Chris Rainey's girlfriend as his daughter.

Rainey pleaded guilty to misdemeanor stalking after sending the following text message to his girlfriend: "Time to Die B-tch."

If Chris Rainey sent a threatening text message to one of Urban Meyer's daughters, would he still be on the team?

We'll never know, and good for that. I don't wish ill will on Meyer or his family, but I do wish the single most visible man at Florida -- my alma mater, if you didn't know -- would stop embarrassing UF grads like me who wonder why he's considered such a strong leader when in reality he's weak. Soft. Pathetic.

Meyer cares only about winning games, and if he'd stand there and tell the world, "I care only about winning games," then I could live with it. I'd still be embarrassed that a dangerous cretin like Chris Rainey was allowed to represent my school so soon after telling a woman that it was time to die, b-tch -- but I could live with Meyer being true to who Meyer is, which is a cutthroat coach concerned not with his players or his university, but with his career winning percentage and the $24 million contract that comes with it.

Instead of being honest, though, Meyer resorts to empty talk about "core values" and meaningless blather that Rainey continues to "pay a price" and must "follow guidelines," but in the meantime Meyer is "disappointed" that one of the fastest players in his program told a b-tch that it was time to die.

What if that b-tch was your daughter, Urban? What then?

Don't tell me this is an irrelevant hypothetical, because it's not. Urban Meyer himself admitted to engaging in such parental role play a few months ago when he confronted an Orlando Sentinel reporter who had quoted receiver Deonte Thompson about the differences between Tim Tebow and John Brantley. Meyer told the Sentinel's Jeremy Fowler, "If that was my son, we'd be going at it right now."

If that was my son ...

Meyer then told Fowler, who was guilty of quoting the 21-year-old Thompson accurately, "You're a bad guy, man. You're a bad guy."

Sickening. Meyer talks about the Florida football family, but the only father he reminds me of is the one who can't control his kids. Rainey was the 25th Florida player arrested under Meyer's watch, or maybe he was the 27th, or maybe he was the 30th.

All three figures have been reported because the truth is, so many Gators have been arrested that it's hard to keep up. Let's give Meyer the benefit of the doubt and go with 25 -- which is 24 more than have been arrested in four years under coach Randy Shannon at Miami.

See, this stuff can be stopped. It's not impossible, and it would require tough love -- kicking players off the team after being charged with a crime, no questions asked, after the 10th or 15th or 20th arrest. After Rainey's arrest on Sept. 14, Meyer said he was "real upset" and then vowed, "enough's enough."

Then the Gators lost two consecutive games. Florida gained 281 yards against Alabama on Oct. 2, and its offense was even worse in the loss to LSU, totaling just 243.

That was Saturday.

Chris Rainey was back with the team Sunday.

Transparent. And dishonest. Off the field, Meyer considers the "core values" of his program to be three no-nos -- no stealing, no drugs, no weapons -- and two affirmatives. Honesty is one. Respect for women is the other.

On the field, Meyer has other core values. I'm not playing with words, either. This is what Meyer said Monday, bemoaning his team's offensive struggles:

"The lack of explosive plays," he said, which "were something we set a trademark for around here. We're void of those right now. We're not having those home-run shots. [That] and, obviously, taking care of the football ... those are the core values of our program on how to win a game."

What we have here is a collision of core values. Last month Chris Rainey told a woman it was "time to die" -- but Rainey also has four career runs of at least 60 yards, and three others of 33 yards or longer.

Respect for women vs. explosive plays.

You see which core value matters more at Florida.

Urban Meyer is a bad guy, man. He's a bad guy.