BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

02-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
gthberg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 IB/FR

Garage List
1987 BMW M6  [9.75]
2009 e90 M3  [0.00]
Bilstein B6 Question

Anybody pair Bilstein B6 with the OE springs? Thoughts?

Thx!
      02-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
wrk.eat.drive.rpt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 08 e92 m3

I just installed b6 in the fear with oem springs. Having a bad clunk and parts jittering around sound. Either the parts are bad or some issues with the install.

-possibly parts as I bought from fcpeuro - usually good but this experience was a disaster. Arrived horribly late despite paying for next day. And then came like they clearly seemed like a prior return. Giving fcpeuro a chance to fix this mess

Could also be install issue. I put oem new in the front and there are no issues or sounds but the bilsteins require a slightly different setup than oem in the rear which may/may not have been an issue for the mechanic.

Will have them recheck everything on Monday , see if they fix the issue or not. Or I have to go to oem in the rear.

Other than this problem the B6 feel great. More damping than oem without loss of ride quality
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
Richneerd
The WEEBM3
Rep
Drives: E90 WEEBM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan9273 View Post
I just installed b6 in the fear with oem springs. Having a bad clunk and parts jittering around sound. Either the parts are bad or some issues with the install.

-possibly parts as I bought from fcpeuro - usually good but this experience was a disaster. Arrived horribly late despite paying for next day. And then came like they clearly seemed like a prior return. Giving fcpeuro a chance to fix this mess

Could also be install issue. I put oem new in the front and there are no issues or sounds but the bilsteins require a slightly different setup than oem in the rear which may/may not have been an issue for the mechanic.

Will have them recheck everything on Monday , see if they fix the issue or not. Or I have to go to oem in the rear.

Other than this problem the B6 feel great. More damping than oem without loss of ride quality
Easy fix, I had this issue too, get new top hats and bearings.

04-09-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan9273 View Post

Great feedback. Thoughts on ride height.......any noticeable change?
Appreciate 0