BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #859
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post

I am not sure if you actually own an M3 or even driven some of the hardware you comment on, however "I HAVE" both owned and driven all but the US monster.
Having owned the very last of the RS4 B7's; owned the AMG55 and driven extensively the C63, I can say with confidence the M3 with M-DCT and EDC (not manual) is the better car of the three mentioned.
Economy wise the M3 can easily achieve 26/29 MPG in normal driving in my area.
The RS4 B7 gave 22/25 MPG and The worst of the three the C63 gave 17 MPG
Torque in the C63 is much more evident than in the the RS4 or M3, BUT in the M3 with M-DCT in a 1/10 of a second can drop2/3 gears and be gone just as quick if not quicker than the C63, the RS4 on the other hand is somewhat slower on the uptake.
So with the exception of the US monster in left hand drive only I will be enjoying my new M3 when it finally stops snowing that is.
Did you actually read what I wrote or gloss over it and jump straight in with opinions.

If you drive the M3 like you stole it (i.e. use all the gears to the full all of the time) then economy falls through the floor, as is the same with any car. My point was that so many here say what is the point in low end torque when the M3 is so great at full throttle, i.e. my fuel pump joke.

Have I ever driven/owned the cars I discuss?

You clearly don't know who I am or what I do for a living.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #860
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

You clearly don't know who I am or what I do for a living.
This is true, seeing that Jaguar on your aviator ( hastily removed)did lead me to some assumptions as you can guess.
PS) I do not drive any of my cars as though I stole them, I pay too much for that. and I get invited to drive most of the new performance cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #861
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
This is true, seeing that Jaguar on your aviator ( hastily removed)did lead me to some assumptions as you can guess.
PS) I do not drive any of my cars as though I stole them, I pay too much for that. and I get invited to drive most of the new performance cars.
I generally pick a personal car along different ground than I would about most of the car I discuss. The Jaguar serves a purpose at the time but along very difference ones to that of the M3, in any case the XF is due to leave my stable very soon so that is why I have removed it.

P.S.
As you drive your M3 sensibly then I wasn't addressing you in my above dig.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #862
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I generally pick a personal car along different ground than I would about most of the car I discuss. The Jaguar serves a purpose at the time but along very difference ones to that of the M3, in any case the XF is due to leave my stable very soon so that is why I have removed it.

P.S.
As you drive your M3 sensibly then I wasn't addressing you in my above dig.
Only banter, nothing personal at all, best regards J
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #863
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogEphedra View Post
I guess nobody is happy with their car's low-end torque:

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1613
And I quote: "Hey guys, I think I've found the reason why the R8 doesn't FEEL quick.....In my opinion BMW has created a fantastic V8 engine. Very impressive. Audi could have done better."

http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=23608
From a Corvette guy: "Speaking of torque (i.e. no wonder the E90/92 M3 is so fast...)"

I slogged through all 39 pages of this post and learned A TON. Thanks to every person who posted and debated here, including all those who are at loggerheads with each other on this issue. I got a much better understanding of how to drive my car by reading this thread.

very funny the r8 seems slow...I guess one is never happy with the power their car has.
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0