BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

06-17-2010, 03:09 AM   #23
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
To get to the bar, Dan.

Hell in the Infantry we would go out drinking every night when we had libo, only to have PT the next morning.
For some reason this made me think of the base-wide freezing of alcohol sales once TC-2 (Typhoon Condition) hit in japan. As soon as they announced TC-3 it was a mad dash to the 7-day store to stock up on alcohol for the typhoon. Oh the memories of drunken Marines trying to parachute with their ponchos or use them as sails on their longboards in 60kt+ wind. haha.
      06-17-2010, 03:14 AM   #24
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
to the bar, dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
to the bar, dan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
To the bar, Dan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
to the bar, Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
to the bar, dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
to get to the bar, dan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
To get to the bar, Dan.

Hell in the Infantry we would go out drinking every night when we had libo, only to have PT the next morning.

06-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
Me. I don't drink or smoke.

Yes, you read that right.
Then obviously I wasn't referring to you. I have no qualms if you don't drink. And I don't think I'm "cool" b/c I do if that's what you're eluding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
Does it count if your hangover doesn't start until after you're done being drunk, and you've been at work for at least an hour? Technically speaking I've never showed up hungover...
LMAO! Hell yea it does. Been there done that.

A few years ago my friends relationship with his then fiance ended and we were going out Wedneday - Saturday. Needless to say things were ugly at times,lol.

I've pretty much grown out of that though.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

To paraphrase the great Dean Martin (I think):

I feel bad for people who don't drink...when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #27
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

.... Don't know what happened.. Went to baseball game and had to stop by the strip club to pick up my sunglasses and CC that I had left the last time I was there after the last baseball game I went to..

I don't know what it is about baseball games but i always end up in the strip club after wards.

Well, the original plan was to go there and pick up my shit and head home. I had to be at work this morning around 5:30 am. After the game it is like 9:45 pm, so I run to the club dressed in flip flops a t-shirt and shorts, thinking there is no way they will let me in dressed like this. My cousins boyfriend owns the place and he met me at the door. I thanked him for returning my stuff and he turns around and asks, "You're not coming inside? I got this new girl you gotta meet!"

SHIT! I had a few beers in me at this point from the game.... So I said, "Sure, why not." I am single now, I should be taking advantage of these opportunities, right?

Edit: (My punctuation is shit right now... Too hurt to fix it. So deal with all the damn commas)

Long story short, girl was an absolutely gorgeous 20 yr old. Didn't leave the club until around 2 am (when she got off work), preceded to take her back to my place, do what needed to be done, and sent her in a taxi home.

Only problem, here I am again, 2 hours sleep, hungover.... at work.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
Shieldze1025
Keepin' America Free
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_j View Post
To paraphrase the great Dean Martin (I think):

I feel bad for people who don't drink...when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day!
Close, it was Frank Sinatra that said that (99% sure).

Quote:
.... Don't know what happened.. Went to baseball game and had to stop by the strip club to pick up my sunglasses and CC that I had left the last time I was there after the last baseball game I went to..

I don't know what it is about baseball games but i always end up in the strip club after wards.

Well, the original plan was to go there and pick up my shit and head home. I had to be at work this morning around 5:30 am. After the game it is like 9:45 pm, so I run to the club dressed in flip flops a t-shirt and shorts, thinking there is no way they will let me in dressed like this. My cousins boyfriend owns the place and he met me at the door. I thanked him for returning my stuff and he turns around and asks, "You're not coming inside? I got this new girl you gotta meet!"

SHIT! I had a few beers in me at this point from the game.... So I said, "Sure, why not." I am single now, I should be taking advantage of these opportunities, right?

Edit: (My punctuation is shit right now... Too hurt to fix it. So deal with all the damn commas)

Long story short, girl was an absolutely gorgeous 20 yr old. Didn't leave the club until around 2 am (when she got off work), preceded to take her back to my place, do what needed to be done, and sent her in a taxi home.

Dude at least you have a good story for it, most of my hangover days are just another night drinking at a bar with no.. um... "special" endings like yours

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
-Mario Andretti
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #29
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

that's what you get for being a rookie
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #30
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:

So you did a stripper?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #31
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Then obviously I wasn't referring to you. I have no qualms if you don't drink. And I don't think I'm "cool" b/c I do if that's what you're eluding to?

Whoa, easy man. Your post asked who hasn't been to work with a hangover, I must have missed where you exempted me from answering that question. I never insinuated you consume alcohol to be cool, not sure where you got that from.
      06-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #32
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Whoa, easy man. Your post asked who hasn't been to work with a hangover, I must have missed where you exempted me from answering that question. I never insinuated you consume alcohol to be cool, not sure where you got that from.
Um. To the bar Dan.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #33
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
to get to the bar, dan.

My post count is my area code. I'm only posting in OT from now on.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #34
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
lol. Dan I was just messing with you. I should have put a to denote sarcasm.

damn message boards.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #35
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Dammit I feel like shit today. Late night drinking/sexting with the gf
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #36
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:

so, when I hit up NYC, I know who to call...?

PS: to the bar, dan

PPS: I also barely drink (usually the designated driver.. yep.. I'm responsibly lame like that)
      07-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #37
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Went fishing yesterday right after work with a buddy...

Caught a couple keeper fluke.. Made some dinner drank a few more.. Made it to bed at 11:30... Up 5 hours later for work.. Only a slight hang over this morning. What a beautiful day it was yesterday... HOT but nice.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #38
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
so, when I hit up NYC, I know who to call...?

PS: to the bar, dan

PPS: I also barely drink (usually the designated driver.. yep.. I'm responsibly lame like that)
For sure, hit me up when you're in town.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #39
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Caught a couple keeper fluke.. Made some dinner drank a few more.. Made it to bed at 11:30... Up 5 hours later for work.. Only a slight hang over this morning. What a beautiful day it was yesterday... HOT but nice.

I need to check out some nature soon. IDK what I was thinking yesterday, nothing crazy just worked 10hrs, bought a beard and pubes trimmer and came home and didn't eat much at dinner I think was the problem, that plus whisky after wine never really sits nice with me...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #40
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Damn, 104, hadn't seen anything near that register here yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #41
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Hungover... at work.... again.. I think I have a problem. But I did make it through the night of drinking without smoking. So I guess that was a good first step.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #42
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
thats rough man, i remember when i used to bartend back in the day, being hung over sucked ass. but at least i would be able to take a shot and feel a lil better

being in an office and hung over must be the worse, i dont like being here when i have a headache, let alone hung over

try to drink more water before you go to sleep and dont drink sugary drinks, anything w/ rum in it, will guarantee a hang over
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #43
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
try to drink more water before you go to sleep
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #44
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
30min of legit sleep...no reason other than can't sleep...scotch till 5am...FML right now

Trying to sober up for meetings
Appreciate 0