BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

08-29-2019, 09:50 AM   #23
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
For sure they add weight, no idea how much. I use the BK seat and harness hardware on both cars and they allow me to use OEM sliders.

Prior to this I used MS hardware and Recaro sliders. To the closest approximation the BK setup is a billion times better.
Will echo SYT here, the Brey Krause seat mounts are great and I would definitely use them again, best of all the options out there.
dbyrd304.00
      08-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #24
macdude357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

I have the Cobra Nogaros with the BK OEM Slider mounts on my E90 and love them. They do a decent job of holding you in on the track and are not that much of a pain to get in and out of.

They are comfortable for longer trips as well. I had no issues on the 8 hour drive to Laguna and back earlier this year.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 06:05 PM   #25
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to chime in on the Cobra Nogaro. I finally managed to find one in my country to try and they are insanely comfortable! I've tried so many other seats - Recaro Sportster, Pole Position, PP ABE, RS-G, and RMS, Cobra Misano, and the Nogaro is by far the most comfortable!

I'm 6' 2", 112kg and 38in waist, not a small dude by any means. I usually find bucket seats uncomfortable and pinch my sides (all the Recaro fixed backs). Even the folding back seats like Sportster and Misano feel 'square sided' to my back, like the sides are too stiff and don't really wrap my torso.

Plopping myself into the Nogaro for the first time was a revelation, I had to check that I wasn't back in my stock M3 seat. It was that comfortable. The seat back felt like it was custom molded for me and wrapped nicely around my back. It was a fixed back carbon bucket but it felt plush, not sure if there is any other way to describe it. Despite my 38 in waist, I did not feel the sides pinching my torso. The lower side bolsters also make it easier to get in and out of. On a comfort level, if stock seats were a 10, I would give the Nogaro a 9 or 9.5. It literally felt like stock seats with narrower shoulders and the waist support tightened up.

Now the downside. Due to the considerations for comfort and daily driving, the Nogaro did not feel as 'deep' as other fixed buckets or even the Cobra Misano. I tried the Misano side-by-side with the Nogaro and felt that the Misano had stiffer side support, but it was more uncomfortable.

All in all, the Nogaro is one of the most comfortable seats I've sat in my whole life, in all categories of seats across all cars, including Mercedes sedans. If you're looking for a fixed back seat that you can comfortably daily and take to the track, I think the Cobra Nogaro is at the very top of the list. If you're looking for a race seat with ultimate support, there are better options out there.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2022, 11:13 PM   #26
leftfootbr8king
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ive had the Nogaros for a little over 2 years now. If you run a thinner butt pad while on track, or in my case slide the whole base pad system forward and sit pretty much right on the shell (6’4”) you get another couple inches of lateral thigh support while getting the shoulders into a more supportive position on track as well.

Agreed with everything else Redd said though. I’ve got mine on the BK mounts with oem power sliders, as well as adjustable lumbar support behind the back cushion.

The ultimate dual duty seat setup.
Appreciate 0