BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

12-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
Matt Fojtik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [9.00]
Bushings/Monoball help?

I am looking to replace a few bushings on my car since I can feel a fair amount of play. Car has 70k mi.
I was thinking of doing the Turner or SLP monoball front upper control arm bushing they sell, Their Solid mount aluminum subframe bushings, and a power flex Polly Diff mounts.
Should I Also look into switching out more bushings in the arms too? But I’m not sure which ones. I know power flex also makes a few.
Or should I just buy full replacement arms that Turner/SLP sells?
The car will be a aggressive street and occasional track car. Would the bushings be too uncomfortable for the street? I am currently on stock suspension but will upgrade to coil overs in the future.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Only recommendation on your list is to consider the German Auto solutions monoball over Turner or SPL for street applications given they’re sealed.

https://germanautosolutions.com/stor...3-monoball-v2/
      12-17-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
leftfootbr8king
Lieutenant
Rep

Agreed with DR.

The turner/SPL arms are primarily used for adjustability in track width and small amounts of bump steer/roll center correction. In the rear, the upper arms get you spherical mounts, but I don’t think that’s super important for an occasional track car.

Unless the car has lived it’s life up north in salt (and oem arms would need replacing) I’d do the GAS monoballs first, subframe/diff bushings AND better engine mounts next, then focus on coilovers with good camber/caster plates.

I have every arm/bushing/mount you can do, done on my car (except diff which is coming soon), so speaking from experience here.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2022, 06:17 PM   #4
Matt Fojtik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbr8king View Post
Agreed with DR.

The turner/SPL arms are primarily used for adjustability in track width and small amounts of bump steer/roll center correction. In the rear, the upper arms get you spherical mounts, but I don’t think that’s super important for an occasional track car.

Unless the car has lived it’s life up north in salt (and oem arms would need replacing) I’d do the GAS monoballs first, subframe/diff bushings AND better engine mounts next, then focus on coilovers with good camber/caster plates.

I have every arm/bushing/mount you can do, done on my car (except diff which is coming soon), so speaking from experience here.
Which specific bushings should I do from GAS? Just the front upper arm, but isn’t there more?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 06:31 PM   #5
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Fojtik View Post
Which specific bushings should I do from GAS? Just the front upper arm, but isn’t there more?
Sorry I just meant, that was my primary input. The thrust arm is generally the monoball people install.

I started there and since replaced everything with sphericals.

Definitely do the subframe and diff. Those are a no brainer.
      12-17-2022, 07:14 PM   #6
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Fojtik View Post
All the info you need here:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1781245
Appreciate 2
DRLane3988.50