BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

07-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #89
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 space gray

crap!!! im getting stuff installed at port. prob first week of august for me too
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #90
JohnC28
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Only have the CF rear spoiler going on at port, so still hope to see it at dealer end of next week.
Have MPE in my garage waiting; want to drive it a couple weeks OEM exhaust to have something to compare it to...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #91
JohnC28
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus
Not to mention the mods I have all waiting to be installed on this bad boy.

Quick side/unrelated question: I didn't know about individual color choices when I ordered but are those options always available or does that depend on a variety of factors?
Someone more knowledgable may correct me, but I believe the individual colors are always available; if you want to pay for it, large. I think it has to be a color BMW has offered/used in the past (?) and it takes MUCH longer to get the car too. I briefly considered Laguna Seca Blue but it was $5,000 option; some others may be more.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #92
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
....Quick side/unrelated question: I didn't know about individual color choices when I ordered but are those options always available or does that depend on a variety of factors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC28 View Post
Someone more knowledgable may correct me, but I believe the individual colors are always available; if you want to pay for it, large. I think it has to be a color BMW has offered/used in the past (?) and it takes MUCH longer to get the car too. I briefly considered Laguna Seca Blue but it was $5,000 option; some others may be more.
to elaborate, yeah the individual paint option is available to customers who order their cars at an additional price. it doesn't always take longer, but can. there is a standard palette from custom colors from you to choose from and they're all roughly 5k a piece to have done to your car.

but, they're not all available to you. it depends on a variety of factors at the time you order. some of those factors can be the dealer and CA you order from. some have more pull than others to get things done. there's a member here, PrimoM3, he wanted frozen brilliant white....from what i understand that took some doing. a lot of time and pull from his CA.

other factors can just be timing. take me for example. i wanted frozen brilliant white, but was denied it because FBW was already being used in a limited edition run in the USA. as a matter of fact, i couldn't get frozen in any color white.

you can also get colors that are not even on the palette list. this can be done at an considerable expense, though.

also, everything i just said about paint here also goes for interior leather, stitching , trim and....i think head liner, too.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #93
JohnC28
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the detailed info Hyperjack!
I'm a newb at most things BMW and still learning as I go.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #94
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC28 View Post
Thanks for the detailed info Hyperjack!
I'm a newb at most things BMW and still learning as I go.
no prob!

you pretty much had it!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #95
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
But what happens when if you need to get the paint fixed after you take delivery? I'm assuming not all BMW dealerships have the exact rainbow of individual colors at their disposal?.....
any color BMW individual produces has a code that can me ordered through any body shop, i'd imagine.

Quote:
....And damn I could have done individual stitching!!!!...
individual stitching can be ridiculously expensive. why? i don't know...but, it is.

if you saw the quote, you probably would've chose to spend your money in another way. you may have some peace of mind in knowing that.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #96
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
....As you are clearly one of the Oracles of Delphi on this site, can you help me calculate what my lease payments would be approximately......
....yeah, i'm far from that. i just like to help out with the little knowledge i do have the same as others have helped me out here.

look, i can't calculate your lease deal. someone like GOLFRR can on his thread where people bring there deals to verify if they are any good or not. i think he can help you there...

BUT, i can say that all the variables of your lease...at least the important one are spot on. you have the best money factor, your rebate is being applied to your drive off ...as it should be and your residual is 62%( this doesn't change depending on what accessories you do or do not have). all that is on the up and up....so you should feel real good about that.

ALSO, prior to your CA putting the order in on your car....wasn't the particulars of this deal worked out for you. your CA should've told you what your payments were going to be. seeing that you have all the info on the variables of the deal, i'm surprised you don't know that.

just by looking at your MF, it looks like a very transparent deal....you should be able to call your CA up to get that calculation worked out for you.

i hope i'm understanding your concerns correctly....

oh, and i'll take you up on those beers anyway...anytime
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #97
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
....- Deal has been transparent from the get go, but the original calculations were based on the addition of the MPE exhaust. And from what I was told, the accessories don't residualize as a general proposition EXCEPT that I believe the Exhaust partially does (approximately $500 worth) and if you buy all the Carbon fiber external pieces and the black kidney grills, it also adds to the residual value. So at some point the residual numbers I got from my CA went from 61% to 62% (but then I subsequently removed the MPE -- so wasn't sure if it went down again)....
i keep forgetting that you jumped in on this deal, when someone dropped out.

ok...here's the thing, if you're leasing an E92 for 36 months at 10k miles a year, the residual is 62%. If you get accessories that add to the residual, fine. a higher residual means a lower monthly payment for you.

but, you can check with your CA again....i don't think that accessories, even the MPE would lower your residual.

it's a good thing to check whatever deal you get from a dealer against other sources. at the very least, it gives you peace of mind that you're doing the right thing. you can check with GOLFRR or any of the other dealers on this site to calculate your figures for you. they're all real helpful here.

BMW config won't always be accurate because there are some of those tiny fees that the site doesn't incorporate. like dealer prep or some administrative fee.

MSD is another thing that i can't tell you about. i'm going to look into that myself when it comes time to sign papers.

now, you haven't put a deposit down on the car. so all you have is the salesman's word that he's getting this car for you? maybe someone in sales can jump in here to answer this....but, i'd want to put a deposit down on the car to secure it for myself. i wouldn't want a dealer to sell the car out from underneath me. i'd ask, if you haven't already, to see what assurances he can give you that guarantees this car for you....beyond approval from BMW financial.

BTW, why did you want to get rid of the MPE? are you going for a different exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #98
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

At the very least you probably want a copy of the VIR report signed by you and the dealer (with your name at the top of the report, and entered into their computer systems) to make sure it's yours if you haven't signed anything else other than the BMWFS paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #99
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

^^^ very good suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #100
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

- My build and name are all in the system with BMW USA so whenever I call or log in they have the M3 associated with me. Now, I have no signed paperwork with my name, but all the invoices I have seen and been sent and related paperwork have my name on it. Just talked to my CA and my name is all over the M3, so i am good.

- As for the exhaust, I went with the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust because I loved the quality on my previous C63 and figure that it will have a higher resale value than an MPE.
ahh, i see. it's probably marked as a "sold car"...and, thus has your name on it. good to know!

as for your exhaust...that's a great choice. i don't know about resale value....but, that's a high quality exhaust.i know it sounds good and you get significant HP gains but, i love the way it looks. those adjustable tips are neat,too.

i can't wait to see pics of all these June E92s on here. it'll be cool to see them all come to fruition.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #101
g222leav
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW M3

Hey guys, I just got this email from my dealer...very cryptic:

"truck just arrived. have a delivery at 230 430... maybe come at 530?"

What do you guys think he means? LOL (finally, the wait is over)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #102
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g222leav View Post
Hey guys, I just got this email from my dealer...very cryptic:

"truck just arrived. have a delivery at 230 430... maybe come at 530?"

What do you guys think he means? LOL (finally, the wait is over)
it probably mean that the truck has arrived...but after dealer prep and maybe them having paperwork ready for you, that they should be good to go by 2:30,4:30 or 5:30

why don't you just call them and ask?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #103
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep

this may seem a bit dim but here i go anyway! I know you can surely add all of these cool aftermarket extras to your car but Can you with a lease? ive never leased a car so forgive me but i was under an ASSumption that you couldn't add things like a tune or things that arent factory. I understand you can take these things off when you return it but are you going to do that for every service appt? please enlighten me, i may lease mine instead of buy if it sounds convincing.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #104
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
....I also have HRE P44SCs coming, Challenge Diffuser, ESS tune and Brembo BBK as well for this little Red Riding Hood.
whooaaa....those are some serious mods. very nice choice in wheels. they're perfect for showing off those Brembos
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #105
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

looks good, Pertplus....you even got access to this via computer, i got a crummy B&W copy emailed to me
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #106
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

congrats, Pertplus....that is an awesome ride. for some strange reason, it's been sitting on their lot for awhile. i know they had a great deal on that....glad you took advantage!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #107
N54andS63TU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 6speedMT!

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 01:56 AM   #108
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah not sure. But if it explodes on the ride home, we'll know why!!
don't think that will happen....it's just one of these weird situations where you have a perfectly good car at an awesome price that just sits there....it's like it fell through the cracks for anyone out there shopping for an M5.

either way, glad someone finally took advantage of that!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #109
JohnC28
Private
United_States
Rep

Well I wasn't expecting this. They parked the boat in Chesapeake Bay off Annapolis and have missed ETA by 12+hrs.
Anyone know if late means you miss a dock spot or maybe they don't do this at night? Just curious (and impatient )
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #110
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep

I saw this too. I don't know what it means. Prob nothing happens till Monday anyway, but I would like to hear from someone who knows.
Appreciate 0