BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Nick9
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Looking for specific options.

Hi all,

I've begun the process of buying an e92 M3 which has long been one of my dream cars. The issue is finding one specked out as I would like it. I do not want the I-drive system as I plan on installing the Dynavin N6 head unit, and I find that I drive interrupts the lines of the dash. The issue is that I am looking for a unit that also has the high end (logic 7) sound system. It is my understanding that later model run M3's (2012-2013), which are the ones I am most interested in, did not allow the high end audio installed without i-drive. I am wondering if this is in fact the case. I am located in Canada if it helps with answering my question. If it is the case that it it is impossible to have one without the other, then how far would I have to go back in order to get the speaker upgrade without the screen.

I know I'm being very picky, hence why I've started looking for the car a good deal earlier than I need to. My current lease will be up around march. In any case the audio or the i-drive are not complete deal breakers. Worst case scenario I still get an M3 . It's just that I've wanted this car for a long time and I want it in a specific way.

Thanks for any help you may have.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
I don't think the EPS was ever available without the I-Drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 04:17 AM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
I don't think the EPS was ever available without the I-Drive.
this is correct.