BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

03-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #881
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Yeah good stuff man, that's cool on the 15 minutes of fame. I like the white 848, but I have a Ducati problem (an admitted Ducatiholic...)

--

Went out tonight down to Watson Island, which is right off of the Port of Miami and provides a nice view of Downtown, Miami.

The first one is titled "Diavel Miami Style":

This one, I called "Miami Vice"
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #882
italia
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars:German|Motorbikes:Italian

I love all things Italian - particularly motorcycles ... and cars ... and guns ... and my wife. (Not necessarily in that order)

Here's a shot of me at Barber Motorsports Park. I'm not the fastest out there, but track days are great fun.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #883
ddk632
United_States
Rep

^^

Nice!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #884
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

I took a rolling shot selfie

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #885
ddk632
United_States
Rep

That's awesome, Litos!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #886
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
I love all things Italian - particularly motorcycles ... and cars ... and guns ... and my wife. (Not necessarily in that order)

Here's a shot of me at Barber Motorsports Park. I'm not the fastest out there, but track days are great fun.

Ohhhh snap! Sponsered! You lucky guy you!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #887
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Yea, the bike has a monster of a motor for a 600. I've ridden all the other japanese SS bikes and none hold a candle to the ZX-6R.

The R6 is more agile but too peaky in terms of power delivery. It also lacks the slipper clutch and steering damper that are standard on the ZX.

The GSXR is a good all rounder but doesnt accel in any department too well.
Comes with a steering damper but no slipper clutch.

The CBR is light and easy to ride and get used to but it is down on power and grunt. This too lacks some of the standard goodies.
I LOVED my blue 09 ZX-6R. I want a 899 Panigale now though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #888
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
That's awesome, Litos!!!
thanks.

Rokinon 8mm lens + Nikon D800 (DX lens so it had the ugly crop on it).

Shutter Priority @ 1/25th...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #889
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

In case anyone is interested I am putting my 2013 Ducati Monster 696 up for sale. Full details in the link:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959536

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #890
Gle8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4Mc

I've owned a lot of nice bikes in my time, but a few years ago started getting into scooters. I'm now (finally) finishing up this build: a 2000 Italjet Dragster 180, heavily modified. These pics are from a few months ago, it's gotten a lot more goodies since. Should be pushing around 36hp at the wheel when we're done, and weighs about as much as a cup of coffee.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #891
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
In case anyone is interested I am putting my 2013 Ducati Monster 696 up for sale. Full details in the link:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959536
I'm actually googling ducatis atm, I have to find a way to not to end up with the most humiliating license plates ever. I ordered my self the new M3, as green, but unfortunate accident (husband left the table for two minutes, and a couple of details may have changed while he was a way) that may have happened is about be casually added to a conversation while he still has not had his coffee.

Well, to the point. Ninja was my first love, but he is heavy on the monsters. So in order for me to sell this accidental M4 to him, and to revoke his right (we had a deal, he can choose the color of the car and the license plates, rest is up to me, the M3 was decided together) to choose the most embarrassing plates know to men, I'm actually looking into bribery.

I probably have till july to come clean (delivery), and all this would not be an issue to normal people but we have made a hobby out of tormenting each other. 8 years of marriage and I do believe the old saying bay back is a bitch will bite me in the arse this time.

So, Ducatis, tell me what's it like to own one? Would you recommend to others what you have/had? If you could choose anything you ever wanted, what would you have?

Thanks, sorry about the language, i suck in writing in English.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:07 AM   #892
ddk632
United_States
Rep

If I could have anything I wanted Ducati-wise, I would get a Desmosedici (D16RR), an MH900e, an 1199 Panigale Senna, and a 748R. And an 848 Evo for the track. And a Diavel Carbon Red with red pipes.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #893
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
If I could have anything I wanted Ducati-wise, I would get a Desmosedici (D16RR), an MH900e, an 1199 Panigale Senna, and a 748R. And an 848 Evo for the track. And a Diavel Carbon Red with red pipes.
Out of those bikes, why the 848 EVO for the track?
      03-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #894
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post

So, Ducatis, tell me what's it like to own one? Would you recommend to others what you have/had? If you could choose anything you ever wanted, what would you have?
I can't speak for all Ducati's but mine has been great. Beautiful styling, great sound even from the stock exhaust, capable but not dangerous amount of power, and light weight that makes it and easy to turn and maneuver. I would still consider myself a relatively new rider having started only about 2 years ago, and the Monster 696 is great because of it's low seat height and a riding position that is not as committed as a supersport bike requires.

If I had to pick any motorcycle I suppose it would be the 1199 Panigale R or the BMW S1000rr HP4, but I wouldn't even know what to do with either of them!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #895
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
Out of those bikes, why the 848 EVO for the track?
I like middleweights (used to race an SV650 in WSMC) and it's newer and more practical to run than a 748R as a dedicated trackbike. And more trick than an 899.... if an 899R came out I'd run that as a dedicated trackbike, if money was no object.

The Panigale and D16RR would be fun on the track but I wouldn't want to run either of those as a full time, dedicated trackbike.

I enjoy the higher corner entry speeds and corner speeds of middleweights more so than the point and shoot style of literbikes. I think a middleweight is a more fun trackbike when it comes to cornering.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #896
Lups
Rep

Oh shit I need those to our garage. I can't believe that I still don't have the balls to get one, tough I've been dreaming of one for years. There is no way I would be allowed to drive one, I may have a tiny speeding problem even with four wheels and I think my control freak spouse still likes me to be around. Life is cruel. ;D
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #897
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Life is short my friend. Follow your dreams. Those who love you should support you IF it's something you truly in your heart want to do... Not to look cool, not to be a badass... But to experience the joy that comes from riding and that only riders can understand but can never explain to non-riders.

If you have children and/or a spouse be smart and carry life and disability insurance, the latter in my opinion likely to be more useful. I had a lot of friends who wanted to get a bike and talked about it when I got my first bike. That was nearly 15 years ago and I still ride and have no plans on ever quitting riding... and none of those guys who talked about it ever got a bike.

But for me, I was the little kid who knew I would love riding and motorcycles before I ever even sat on one. Much to the dismay of some family members, I was right and they were wrong that it would just be a phase. I love riding. It is therapy for my soul.

A word of caution: if you have a speed problem and cannot control your right wrist, your bike will swiftly, mercilessly, and consistently punish you. You will either learn or you will stop riding very quickly. Don't be an idiot. You must respect the machine.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #898
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Having owned my 09 848 since new, the Ducati mystique has sort of worn off. Especially how Ducati handled the expanding tank problem. They basically put out a weak fix and then told all owners to F' off.

I have to say the 848 is fun and different. The roar of the V-twin especially with the Akra slip ons I have is pretty intoxicating. It's fun to see even Harley riders turning their heads when they hear a roar coming out of a sport bike. Also, if you're an attention whore, the Ducati will get you all the attention you could want. I've had a couple of guys purposely stand outside of a restaurant waiting for me to leave a stop light so they can hear the engine before going in. I've also had a girl in a car next to me take pictures of the bike while we were in traffic.

Even with the mods I did which were to put on a full Ohlins setup (25 mm cartridges in the forks and the TTX rear shock all sprung for my weight), I would have bought the BMW S1000RR if I could turn back the clock. The BMW is fugly to me in street trim; it's better in track trim. But the S1000RR is just so good. I've had the pleasure of running the S1000RR at VIR for a number of years and the bike just doesn't cease to amaze me with how well balanced it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #899
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Having owned my 09 848 since new, the Ducati mystique has sort of worn off. Especially how Ducati handled the expanding tank problem. They basically put out a weak fix and then told all owners to F' off.

I have to say the 848 is fun and different. The roar of the V-twin especially with the Akra slip ons I have is pretty intoxicating. It's fun to see even Harley riders turning their heads when they hear a roar coming out of a sport bike. Also, if you're an attention whore, the Ducati will get you all the attention you could want. I've had a couple of guys purposely stand outside of a restaurant waiting for me to leave a stop light so they can hear the engine before going in. I've also had a girl in a car next to me take pictures of the bike while we were in traffic.

Even with the mods I did which were to put on a full Ohlins setup (25 mm cartridges in the forks and the TTX rear shock all sprung for my weight), I would have bought the BMW S1000RR if I could turn back the clock. The BMW is fugly to me in street trim; it's better in track trim. But the S1000RR is just so good. I've had the pleasure of running the S1000RR at VIR for a number of years and the bike just doesn't cease to amaze me with how well balanced it is.
Yeah, I've heard that one before. Italians are nice things to own as long as you don't try to do something with them like mend them or if the warranty is needed. The beauty is granted indeed, If you weren't on the wrong continent I probably would claim me being the one who took the pictures.

Well, I think your suggestion actually is great, He'll never go for the Ninjas and The Germans do know their stuff with machines that has an engine.

This shit is hilarious. Even tough i know very well my safety minded engineer would be fine with a bike, I don't think I have the balls (not a good word but still) go let him get one/ buy him one. This family needs a serious revaluation when it comes to the things men and women are allowed to do. Someday our kids will grow up, and the boys will be in helmets outside the house, while girls can come to tracks with mum. ;D

Anyway, I told him about my tiny car accident so now I have to wait and see which one will end up to our garage, there is no way this deed will go unpunished.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 06:47 AM   #900
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Oh shit I need those to our garage. I can't believe that I still don't have the balls to get one, tough I've been dreaming of one for years. There is no way I would be allowed to drive one, I may have a tiny speeding problem even with four wheels and I think my control freak spouse still likes me to be around. Life is cruel. ;D
Life is cruel if you don't allow yourself to engage in things that bring you excitement and happiness. It's not so much as having the balls to get one, I think people are more afraid of the unknowing of other drivers and the "horror" stories from cycle incidents. I think all of us a share that problem of having a need for speed, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it in good taste. If this is something that you truly want to do, your spouse should be supportive enough to allow you to pursue it.

With that said, there are many ways to aide you in being a proficient and safe rider, and many ways to have a safety blanket in the occasion that something should go wrong. Life is to short to think "what if" or "that WOULD have been fun".

Do some research with your spouse and gather some real information and maybe the both of you can take a beginner rider safety course together to better familiarize yourself with what you would be getting into. Ever since my '10 ZX-6, I can't imagine a sping, summer, and fall without a bike.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #901
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Life is cruel if you don't allow yourself to engage in things that bring you excitement and happiness. It's not so much as having the balls to get one, I think people are more afraid of the unknowing of other drivers and the "horror" stories from cycle incidents. I think all of us a share that problem of having a need for speed, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it in good taste. If this is something that you truly want to do, your spouse should be supportive enough to allow you to pursue it.

With that said, there are many ways to aide you in being a proficient and safe rider, and many ways to have a safety blanket in the occasion that something should go wrong. Life is to short to think "what if" or "that WOULD have been fun".

Do some research with your spouse and gather some real information and maybe the both of you can take a beginner rider safety course together to better familiarize yourself with what you would be getting into. Ever since my '10 ZX-6, I can't imagine a sping, summer, and fall without a bike.
You are right of course, I do admit that I'm running out of excuses on this one. I don't even know why I've bothered to come up with the for years. It's no accident that I ended up reading this anyway so perhaps these few years here would be the opportunity of a life time to do this too.

It's not even morning here yet so I can admit being a coward. Perhaps it's time to grow a pair in this matter. I will be bringing this up in the morning coffee table.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #902
italia
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars:German|Motorbikes:Italian

Quote:
Italians are nice things to own as long as you don't try to do something with them like mend them or if the warranty is needed.
Have to disagree with this sentiment. I've owned four Italian motorcycles (still have 2) and haven't experienced issues with maintenance, repair, modification or warranty. Yes, I have friends who had tank expansion issues.

Italian cars and motorcycles made today unfairly suffer from actual poor experiences that owners had in the 60's, 70's, 80's. Somehow, the reputation of years past has bled over to today, though mostly I hear it from people who've not owned a modern Italian car or motorcycle.

Friends that I have with BMW S1000R's have had more issues with their bikes than my friends with MV Agusta, Ducati, Bimota and Moto Guzzi. Now Aprilia is a bit of a different story.
'94 530i - E34, MT
'97 540i - E39, MT
Appreciate 0