BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #11683
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
693
Rep
3,049
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

Imagine my surprise, seeing this guy perched right along the road at Pt Reyes in the middle of the afternoon. He was actually too close for my big guns to work, but luckily I had the RX10 handy. When he didn't move, I also was able to get my 1DIV with the Canon 100-400 up and got some too, but I haven't unloaded that card yet.

Great Horned Owl #7 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 2
shay2nak477.50
allachie9831.50

      08-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #11684
dcstep
Major General
United_States
771
Rep
7,151
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Imagine my surprise, seeing this guy perched right along the road at Pt Reyes in the middle of the afternoon. He was actually too close for my big guns to work, but luckily I had the RX10 handy. When he didn't move, I also was able to get my 1DIV with the Canon 100-400 up and got some too, but I haven't unloaded that card yet.
Ed, I showed a friend your work with the RX-10. I think that I sold another Sony!! Maybe I should say that you did.

Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #11685
dcstep
Major General
United_States
771
Rep
7,151
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Yummy Lavender by David Stephens, on Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 1
shay2nak477.50

      08-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #11686
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
693
Rep
3,049
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Ed, I showed a friend your work with the RX-10. I think that I sold another Sony!! Maybe I should say that you did.

Dave
One look through the POTN or FM forums and this camera sells itself. Especially for people that want to shoot birds/wildlife without sinking 4 figures before they figure out if they like it or not.

Hungry Kite by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 1
shay2nak477.50

      08-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #11687
dcstep
Major General
United_States
771
Rep
7,151
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
One look through the POTN or FM forums and this camera sells itself. Especially for people that want to shoot birds/wildlife without sinking 4 figures before they figure out if they like it or not.
It's an incredible deal. For the price of a used lens, you get a complete kit. You really need to look at the pixel level or a big print to really see any difference.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #11688
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
693
Rep
3,049
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
It's an incredible deal. For the price of a used lens, you get a complete kit. You really need to look at the pixel level or a big print to really see any difference.
Exactly! I'm going through un-posted shots from last year as I get ready to archive all the files to an external drive to make room for this upcoming year. (Like the government, I use an October 1st to September 30th year.) Another RX10 shot from last fall:

Pintail Liftoff by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:49 AM   #11689
dcstep
Major General
United_States
771
Rep
7,151
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Exactly! I'm going through un-posted shots from last year as I get ready to archive all the files to an external drive to make room for this upcoming year. (Like the government, I use an October 1st to September 30th year.) Another RX10 shot from last fall:
Super focus, great details and perfect colors. All the elements are there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:51 AM   #11690
dcstep
Major General
United_States
771
Rep
7,151
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Monarch On Thistle by David Stephens, on Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST