BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
McSwine
Private First Class
McSwine's Avatar
109
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Levy, AR

iTrader: (0)

Another price check, please...2011 coupe

My youngest son is about to start driving and he will be driving my daily drive 2009 Tacoma. That means I will have to daily drive my M3 and I'm not sure I want to do that since it is absolutely pristine.

At any rate, it seems like I've seen other people put the VIN number on here so here it is for folks that know how to research the car (I don't).

WBSKG9C57BE797023 (color is Alpine White)

Someone told me it is apparently one of the last 2011's made but I can't swear that's so.

I specifically looked 6 months for this car and ended up buying it from a lawyer on this board who was the second owner. I've had it a little over 2 years and put roughly 5000 miles on it (roughly 47,000 now). I had to have a manual transmission and no competition package...just a personal preference. I really wanted the slicktop but ended up with the sunroof because the car was, and still is, damn near mechanically and cosmetically perfect. Josh, the previously owner, assured me that I wouldn't find one much cleaner and he was right.

A buddy of mine is the service manager at the local BMW dealer and he printed out a vehicle inquiry so I know it's got the black Novillo extended leather, the convenience package (ZCV, comfort access, PDC, Nav, etc), premium package 2 (ZP2, carbon interior trim, Bluetooth, power seats, etc), heated seats and enhanced premium sound.

The only thing I've actually had to "fix" was replacing the battery. I also put new tires on it and had it aligned afterward. I've done a ton of maintenance, tranny and rear diff fluid changes, changed the p/s fluid, replaced the air filter and so on. As far as mods, I had the local indy shop install a Ronald at Autosolutions shifter in it, it has a Alex @ Alpine 93 octane tune, I installed the Bavsounds subs and added a Stromung catback exhaust.

I've also had the air bag and the battery cable recalls done.

I've got a few service receipts but wish I had more...the guy I bought it from said the original owner had it changed under warranty of course, and he bought it when it was a couple of years old with around 12,000 miles (still under warranty). I've got a couple of his oil change receipts but he said he changed it more frequently and I tend to believe him based on the condition of the car. But to be sure I had a PPI done before a bought it and there were no issues. I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff but fire away if you have any questions.

What do you think is a realistic price for this car?

Last edited by McSwine; 05-16-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
SAMM3Y
Captain
SAMM3Y's Avatar
810
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2008 m3
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

What color is it? I would say it's $24-27k.
__________________
Stoptech st60/40 // OhlinsR&t // dinan sway/camber // 4.10 osgiken lsd // apex ps7 // supersprint // turner xpipe/shark tune // recaro sportsters // turner shift kit //awron gauge // ess 625 not currently installed // spec clutch not installed yet
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:53 AM   #3
McSwine
Private First Class
McSwine's Avatar
109
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Levy, AR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What color is it? I would say it's $24-27k.
White, can't believe I left that out.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
751
Rep
1,794
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What color is it? I would say it's $24-27k.
That's laughable. It should fetch at least 30k no problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
SAMM3Y
Captain
SAMM3Y's Avatar
810
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2008 m3
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What color is it? I would say it's $24-27k.
That's laughable. It should fetch at least 30k no problem.
Non zcp minus 2k no proof of rod bearings minus 2k

Edit: I'm not trying to be a downer, op asked for a realistic price check I gave him my opinion. If this car hasn't had TA's and rod bearings one could argue it's gonna need $5k in servicing in the near future coupled with some other consumables. It's got the 6speed and carbon trim going for it but people want the zcp package. Anyone spending $30-35k on a car like this must really love the s65. You can buy a similar spec m4 with less mileage for mid to high 30's now. Plus you get new tech, a faster more reliable car.
__________________
Stoptech st60/40 // OhlinsR&t // dinan sway/camber // 4.10 osgiken lsd // apex ps7 // supersprint // turner xpipe/shark tune // recaro sportsters // turner shift kit //awron gauge // ess 625 not currently installed // spec clutch not installed yet
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #6
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
751
Rep
1,794
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Non zcp minus 2k no proof of rod bearings minus 2k

Edit: I'm not trying to be a downer, op asked for a realistic price check I gave him my opinion. If this car hasn't had TA's and rod bearings one could argue it's gonna need $5k in servicing in the near future coupled with some other consumables. It's got the 6speed and carbon trim going for it but people want the zcp package. Anyone spending $30-35k on a car like this must really love the s65. You can buy a similar spec m4 with less mileage for mid to high 30's now. Plus you get new tech, a faster more reliable car.
No offense but I think that's a load of crap thinking you can negotiate a lower price due to Rod bearings and TA's.

To shed some light, my 11.75 E92 6mt non ZCP with 47k miles was sold couple of months ago for 30k+ from this forum and there's a lot of good examples out there for a car that's in pristine condition with all records and no accidents. Clean cars are getting harder to find and can command a good premium.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #7
SFCM3
Major
United_States
889
Rep
1,420
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
No offense but I think that's a load of crap thinking you can negotiate a lower price due to Rod bearings and TA's.

To shed some light, my 11.75 E92 6mt non ZCP with 47k miles was sold couple of months ago for 30k+ from this forum and there's a lot of good examples out there for a car that's in pristine condition with all records and no accidents. Clean cars are getting harder to find and can command a good premium.
was your car a sunroof car? seems that e92m3 buyers only care about CF roof. with that said it will still fetch ballpark $30k.

to the OP, e92 m3 ran until 2013 model year, so last of 2011 doesn't really have any significance.
__________________
I am never able to post pictures on forums, all my pics are on IG @baye30 https://www.instagram.com/baye30/
Current Garage - [2011 E90 M3 ZCP] [2005 E53 X5 3.0 Sport] [1988 E30 325IS 24V]
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #8
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
751
Rep
1,794
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
was your car a sunroof car? seems that e92m3 buyers only care about CF roof. with that said it will still fetch ballpark $30k.

to the OP, e92 m3 ran until 2013 model year, so last of 2011 doesn't really have any significance.
yea I had a sunroof and every package besides the zcp.
Also threw in my oem zcp wheels, m-performance exhaust, and oneighty headlights.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #9
McSwine
Private First Class
McSwine's Avatar
109
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Levy, AR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
.
to the OP, e92 m3 ran until 2013 model year, so last of 2011 doesn't really have any significance.
OK, I was under the impression that the later 2011's had goodies the earlier 2011's did not, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #10
SFCM3
Major
United_States
889
Rep
1,420
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwine View Post
OK, I was under the impression that the later 2011's had goodies the earlier 2011's did not, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know for sure.
Yer rite, BT audio streaming was added in later 2011 cars.
__________________
I am never able to post pictures on forums, all my pics are on IG @baye30 https://www.instagram.com/baye30/
Current Garage - [2011 E90 M3 ZCP] [2005 E53 X5 3.0 Sport] [1988 E30 325IS 24V]
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #11
McSwine
Private First Class
McSwine's Avatar
109
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Levy, AR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Yer rite, BT audio streaming was added in later 2011 cars.
Thanks for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST