BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Mporium BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #771
nah dude
Pingu
nah dude's Avatar
219
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: White V8 Sedan Car
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin @ eas View Post
Since you went wider on the rear I would go with a 10mm out back.
Thank you sir! Do you think 12.5 would be pushing it too much?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 02:46 PM   #772
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
2769
Rep
21,266
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneedlessnoise View Post
Thank you sir! Do you think 12.5 would be pushing it too much?
P4S runs wider, 12.5 might rub since you went wider on the tire size out back.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com ∑ web: https://europeanautosource.com∑ tel 866.669.0705 ∑ ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOGFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKRINSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:32 PM   #773
Vigoruler
New Member
Vigoruler's Avatar
8
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 Comp/F10 M5 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta, Ga

iTrader: (0)

2012 M3 Comp. Previous owner installed AC Schnitzer springs and H&R spacers 10mm and 12mm w/ZCP 19ís. Need tires, however, Michelin Pilot 4s are on back order everywhere in 245/35/19. Came across this thread searching the forum and after reading aplenty canít for sure determine if I can run +1 all around: 255/35/19 and 275/35/19. Would hate to buy tires and have rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 12:08 AM   #774
TRM04
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E90
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

E90

255/35
275/35
ZCP WHEELS

12mm
10mm rear

Just did KW CLUBSPORT. Rear rubs. Recommend 5mm?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #775
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
2769
Rep
21,266
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigoruler View Post
2012 M3 Comp. Previous owner installed AC Schnitzer springs and H&R spacers 10mm and 12mm w/ZCP 19ís. Need tires, however, Michelin Pilot 4s are on back order everywhere in 245/35/19. Came across this thread searching the forum and after reading aplenty canít for sure determine if I can run +1 all around: 255/35/19 and 275/35/19. Would hate to buy tires and have rubbing.
4s is on the wider side. Depending on your rear camber setup a 10mm might clear if on the aggressive side. The 5mm is the safer bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM04 View Post
E90

255/35
275/35
ZCP WHEELS

12mm
10mm rear

Just did KW CLUBSPORT. Rear rubs. Recommend 5mm?

The 12/10 is what we generally run. Its pretty close in terms of rub/no rub and works with some brands of tires and not others. The 4S's run wide. I would step down to the 5mm rear.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com ∑ web: https://europeanautosource.com∑ tel 866.669.0705 ∑ ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOGFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKRINSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2022, 08:17 PM   #776
Vigoruler
New Member
Vigoruler's Avatar
8
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 Comp/F10 M5 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta, Ga

iTrader: (0)

Just purchased Ohlins suspension from 3DM. Setup currently consists of:
2012 Comp
AC Schnitzer Springs
ZCP 19" Wheels
Front 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 12mm Spacer
Rear 275/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 10mm Spacer

EDC light came on not long after the tire install and passenger front looks like rub.

I'd like to have proper spacers in hand when I take the car for the Suspension install.

Should I ditch the spacers entirely? Which spacer size for the front and which spacer size for rear would be best for the Ohlins setup on these ZCP wheels and Michelin tires?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 08:07 AM   #777
vitalsigns
Private First Class
182
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigoruler View Post
Should I ditch the spacers entirely? Which spacer size for the front and which spacer size for rear would be best for the Ohlins setup on these ZCP wheels and Michelin tires?
I have this exact same set up: Ohlins, ZCPs, +1 tire sizes and 10/12 spacers.

The 10f/12r spacer combination works perfectly, but of course in your case will partially depend on how low you set your Ohlins.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 05:26 PM   #778
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
2769
Rep
21,266
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigoruler View Post
Just purchased Ohlins suspension from 3DM. Setup currently consists of:
2012 Comp
AC Schnitzer Springs
ZCP 19" Wheels
Front 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 12mm Spacer
Rear 275/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 10mm Spacer

EDC light came on not long after the tire install and passenger front looks like rub.

I'd like to have proper spacers in hand when I take the car for the Suspension install.

Should I ditch the spacers entirely? Which spacer size for the front and which spacer size for rear would be best for the Ohlins setup on these ZCP wheels and Michelin tires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsigns View Post
I have this exact same set up: Ohlins, ZCPs, +1 tire sizes and 10/12 spacers.

The 10f/12r spacer combination works perfectly, but of course in your case will partially depend on how low you set your Ohlins.
The P4S tires run wide vs others. 12/10 has worked for some people and not for others we have done. The safer bet if you want to avoid running all together is 10/5mm but does really depend on the ride height like vitalsigns mentioned.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com ∑ web: https://europeanautosource.com∑ tel 866.669.0705 ∑ ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOGFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKRINSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 10:26 AM   #779
vitalsigns
Private First Class
182
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsigns View Post
I have this exact same set up: Ohlins, ZCPs, +1 tire sizes and 10/12 spacers.

The 10f/12r spacer combination works perfectly, but of course in your case will partially depend on how low you set your Ohlins.
My mistake here. I run 12f/10r. Got them mixed up in my head, but not on the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 04:43 PM   #780
VR1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
488
Rep
216
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 Comp
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

kevin @ eas looking to pickup a set of wheel spacers, I have a ZCP car on stock suspension with the 19" 255/35 285/30 GTS tire setup. Would 10/12 be the recommended set up?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 02:13 PM   #781
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
2769
Rep
21,266
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1 View Post
kevin @ eas looking to pickup a set of wheel spacers, I have a ZCP car on stock suspension with the 19" 255/35 285/30 GTS tire setup. Would 10/12 be the recommended set up?
Depends on the tire brand you have but I would say p4s I would go 10mm front and 5mm rear.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com ∑ web: https://europeanautosource.com∑ tel 866.669.0705 ∑ ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOGFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKRINSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 06:52 PM   #782
heyitsrev
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 M3 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

2011 E90 M3 Competition
ZCP Suspension
ZCP 19" Wheels
Front 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Rear 275/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

I can't decide if I should go 12f/10r or 15f/12r.
I would prefer zero rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 09:21 PM   #783
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
154
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2013 MW e92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Orlando, Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrev View Post
2011 E90 M3 Competition
ZCP Suspension
ZCP 19" Wheels
Front 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Rear 275/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

I can't decide if I should go 12f/10r or 15f/12r.
I would prefer zero rubbing.
15/12 will most likely rub especially with ps4sís as they run wide. 12/10 should work on stock suspension but if you ever go lower it will probably rub.

I am on swift springs 255/275 sport cup 2ís which run even wider than the ps4s. I am running a 10/5 spacer setup and it does not run very happy with the fitment.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #784
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
kevin @ eas's Avatar
United_States
2769
Rep
21,266
Posts


Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrev View Post
2011 E90 M3 Competition
ZCP Suspension
ZCP 19" Wheels
Front 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Rear 275/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

I can't decide if I should go 12f/10r or 15f/12r.
I would prefer zero rubbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsiciliano View Post
15/12 will most likely rub especially with ps4sís as they run wide. 12/10 should work on stock suspension but if you ever go lower it will probably rub.

I am on swift springs 255/275 sport cup 2ís which run even wider than the ps4s. I am running a 10/5 spacer setup and it does not run very happy with the fitment.
Thats what I have been seeing too. 12/10 would work on most 255/275 setup but the 4s is wide. Stock height can get away with 12/10 but lowered needs to use 10/5.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com ∑ web: https://europeanautosource.com∑ tel 866.669.0705 ∑ ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOGFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKRINSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST