BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

07-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

NH tint friendly inspection

Anyone know of a place that is tint friendly? My usual garage told me that the state did a sweep recently and a handful of shops in Nashua got in trouble and many are audited. As a result, they are tightening up as of now, until things cool off.

I need a sticker!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
617E90M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

Get a doctors note. Profit.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 07:25 PM   #3
///Mbitions
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 e92 M3

Are fronts tinted? Or the rears too dark? I've gone into Indis on hot days with the front windows rolled an parked it that way. Then they proceed to do the inspection not even noticing the windows are down
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #4
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mbitions View Post
Are fronts tinted? Or the rears too dark? I've gone into Indis on hot days with the front windows rolled an parked it that way. Then they proceed to do the inspection not even noticing the windows are down
All 4 windows are tinted
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
CSI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11e91 & 13e70d

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Anyone know of a place that is tint friendly? My usual garage told me that the state did a sweep recently and a handful of shops in Nashua got in trouble and many are audited. As a result, they are tightening up as of now, until things cool off.

I need a sticker!
Wait, NH has tint inspections? I thought you guys lived free or died??? The way I got away with it on my truck was to befriend my alcoholic neighbor who knows a bunch of mechanics. He then got it inspected for me for an extra $20. Lasted about three months and then I got pulled over by a state cop on my way to work one morning because my windows were too dark. He apparently had nothing better to do than pull someone over who was trying to desperately get to work so that he could pay an ungodly amount in taxes so that we can have such fine State Police personnel. He gave me a ticket, which I fought. The truck was sold to me (and inspected) by a dealer that way. I had to have the tint removed and reapplied at a legal level ($200), but got out of the ticket. Long story long, even though you can get an inspection sticker in a round about way, they will still come after you. It's OK that there are real criminals out there distributing heroin, they need to make sure they get all those terrible tax payers with dark windows.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Wait, NH has tint inspections? I thought you guys lived free or died??? The way I got away with it on my truck was to befriend my alcoholic neighbor who knows a bunch of mechanics. He then got it inspected for me for an extra $20. Lasted about three months and then I got pulled over by a state cop on my way to work one morning because my windows were too dark. He apparently had nothing better to do than pull someone over who was trying to desperately get to work so that he could pay an ungodly amount in taxes so that we can have such fine State Police personnel. He gave me a ticket, which I fought. The truck was sold to me (and inspected) by a dealer that way. I had to have the tint removed and reapplied at a legal level ($200), but got out of the ticket. Long story long, even though you can get an inspection sticker in a round about way, they will still come after you. It's OK that there are real criminals out there distributing heroin, they need to make sure they get all those terrible tax payers with dark windows.
I got pulled over by a local cop who clearly had nothing better to do. We were stopped at an intersection at night and I made the left turn passing right in front of him. I did NOT see him turn around and follow me until like about 1/2 mile down the road. Followed me for another 1.5 miles until he decided to pull me over, JUST TO GIVE ME A WARNING.

I'm just going to get a doctor's note and call it a day.
Appreciate 0