BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

04-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
Joppe
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

EDC delete

Hi!

I'm trying to code out my EDC module. Coilovers have been installed.

I've found the following recipe:

1) Unplug EDC module
2) Remove $233 from VO
3) in KOMBI, set EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER and EDCK_ID_MONITOR to "nicht_aktiv"
4) in CAPPL, set EDC to "nicht_aktiv" (later CIC cars set EDC_CIC to "night_aktiv")
5) Clear faults using INPA

But this only gets rid of the error message in the kombi and CIC. When scanning the car in INPA there is a error saying the EDC module not present or working. It also does not make any sense to me to remove $233 from VO but not code any modules afterwards.

Do anyone know which modules that are affiliated to the EDC module and should be coded after altering the VO ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 02:52 PM   #2
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Yea looks like steps were missed after changing the VO. CAS, FRM and maybe more need to be recoded so the new VO is updated.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:06 PM   #3
Joppe
Rep

Thanks for the reply tdott.

The VO is changed and FA_WRITE to both CAS and FRM. So the VO is updated. But then it is necessary to update the correct modules with the new VO. And this is where I am a little stuck - which modules do I now need to run SG_CODIEREN on ? Are the CAS and M3DSC modules related to the EDC and needs to be coded ? Any other modules ? Which modules need to be told that there no longer is any EDC module in the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
Thanks for the reply tdott.

The VO is changed and FA_WRITE to both CAS and FRM. So the VO is updated. But then it is necessary to update the correct modules with the new VO. And this is where I am a little stuck - which modules do I now need to run SG_CODIEREN on ? Are the CAS and M3DSC modules related to the EDC and needs to be coded ? Any other modules ? Which modules need to be told that there no longer is any EDC module in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Yea looks like steps were missed after changing the VO. CAS, FRM and maybe more need to be recoded so the new VO is updated.
Is Bimmercode capable of coding out the EDC with the changes/codes noted above?

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:53 PM   #5
Joppe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
Is Bimmercode capable of coding out the EDC with the changes/codes noted above?
I don’t have that much knowledge about Bimmercode, bit a quick Google search didn’t give much on this.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 12:09 PM   #6
Joppe
Rep

Did some further testing to try getting rid of the CDB7 error popping up when scanning the car with INPA.

I have unplugged the blue connector from the EDC module and default coded CIC, KOMBI, CAS and M3DSC with updated VO where $233 is removed. Default coding the CIC changes EDC_CIC to "nicht_aktiv" and default coding KOMBI changes EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER and EDCK_ID_MONITOR to "nicht_aktiv". Default coding cas and M3DSC changes no values.

When driving the car everything looks and behaves like normal, but when scanning the car error CDB7 shows up under DDE/DME module in INPA.

Do everyone who has coded out EDC have a CDB7 error when scanning car ? Or am I missing something ?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 11:01 AM   #7
cmichaelo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3, '22 Toyota Rav4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
Did some further testing to try getting rid of the CDB7 error popping up when scanning the car with INPA.

I have unplugged the blue connector from the EDC module and default coded CIC, KOMBI, CAS and M3DSC with updated VO where $233 is removed. Default coding the CIC changes EDC_CIC to "nicht_aktiv" and default coding KOMBI changes EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER and EDCK_ID_MONITOR to "nicht_aktiv". Default coding cas and M3DSC changes no values.

When driving the car everything looks and behaves like normal, but when scanning the car error CDB7 shows up under DDE/DME module in INPA.

Do everyone who has coded out EDC have a CDB7 error when scanning car ? Or am I missing something ?
I'm in the process of doing this coding as well and have a question lingering in another thread whether both white AND blue connector need removal or if it suffices to just remove the white, or the blue.

Almost all other places where this "EDC coding delete" is discussed, the focus is on removing the white connector. But often it's not specified. In one post, aside from yours, I saw also that they had additionally also removed the blue connector.

Did you eventually fix your issues and what was the resolution? And what did you do with the connectors?
Z4MC: KW V3 coilovers (rears)
Appreciate 0