BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
rsv4dan
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT Sparkling Graphite

MS Pulley install trouble

I'll start off by saying I have an <05/2008 6MT E92 M3 where the belt is routed over the TOP of the P/S pulley.

I ordered a kit for my spec car and started fitting it, expecting it to all fit. I have sent EAS a message, no reply just yet but I really need some help with this if anyone can help me, as my car is currently in pieces.

Can someone tell me exactly what part numbers I should have for the 2 pulleys and the 2 belts?

Here is the message a sent EAS, gives a summary of the situation -

I have received this kit and I think you have sent me the wrong parts?? I have received 2 belts and 2 pulleys. My M3 is the older setup <05/2008 6MT where the belt goes over the top of the P/S pump. I specified this and the right parts for the were apparently sent out to suit. The crank pulley fits fine, it is part number 10.00.010 and the rear belt supplied 6pk1432 fits on the rear no worries. I have then received 10.00.011 P/S pulley which is a fair sight bigger in diameter than standard one and also is flat and has no ribs. Supplied with this is belt 6pk1084 This belt/pulley does not fit. It does not work with the standard belt routing and it I cant get it to work any other conceivable way. Is the belt routing meant to stay the same as standard? If it is, why is the pulley flat and not ribbed? The ribbed side of the belt contacts the flat pulley which can't be right, but the belt is far too long for it to work anyhow.

Please get back to me right away. To be honest i'm thoroughly pissed off right now. Thus far I've wasted 2 hours of my time dicking around with this trying to get it to fit and it's looking like im going to have to put all the standard parts back on because this shit aint working and now my car is sitting in pieces. Not at all happy.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Trick is(the Easy way, 2 people) have some hold down the bottom tension pulley with a short socket and long ratchet (add tube or something if you don't have a 12 to 14 ratchet) get the belt on top of the socket that way you can use Both Hands to pull up the belt over the Grove less bottom tension pulley it will be quick.

PS that's how it works on the late 08 and up Double belt set up and Ive never seen a single belt set up but you will still need to pull it over a Grove Less tension pulley.
      09-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
rsv4dan
Private
Australia
Rep

I tried fitting the supplied belt the same route as the later models/under the P/S pulley. It all went together this way, so it looks like it's the wrong belt was given. Of course you can't run it like this because it will turn the P/S pump backwards!!

I ended up having to buy another belt from the auto shop. 6PK1055 was required to get the supplied pullies to work with the correct belt routing that's used on the early model s65 setup. Have I been shipped incorrect parts, or is the kit just wrong??? I guess that's the question.

Just finished installing my turner test pipes as well!! Keen to go for a bit of a spin and see what it's like. All that's needed now is the stage 2 tune which will be coming shortly
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Looks like user error.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv4dan View Post
I tried fitting the supplied belt the same route as the later models/under the P/S pulley. It all went together this way, so it looks like it's the wrong belt was given. Of course you can't run it like this because it will turn the P/S pump backwards!!

I ended up having to buy another belt from the auto shop. 6PK1055 was required to get the supplied pullies to work with the correct belt routing that's used on the early model s65 setup. Have I been shipped incorrect parts, or is the kit just wrong??? I guess that's the question.

Just finished installing my turner test pipes as well!! Keen to go for a bit of a spin and see what it's like. All that's needed now is the stage 2 tune which will be coming shortly
The belt is very tight. I don't remember if there is a P/N on the supplied belts. I struggled as well, but eventually got it.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
rsv4dan
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Looks like user error.
Great input buddy!!

Do you struggle with reading? As i stated, Incorrect belt(a longer one which is used on the later style belt routing) was supplied. This has been confirmed by EAS.

I'd just like to add - thanks EAS them in being very helpful. They got back to me quickly and have offered to refund me the money i had to spend on purchasing the correct belt. Excellent customer service by EAS, will definitely use again.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv4dan View Post
Great input buddy!!

Do you struggle with reading? As i stated, Incorrect belt(a longer one which is used on the later style belt routing) was supplied. This has been confirmed by EAS.

I'd just like to add - thanks EAS them in being very helpful. They got back to me quickly and have offered to refund me the money i had to spend on purchasing the correct belt. Excellent customer service by EAS, will definitely use again.
Glad you got it fixed!! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0