BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #23
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaneRZ View Post
i'm not gonna see it then. maybe the camera man ran out of film or battery that's why it ended in the middle of chaos. lol.
no, its because a bomb hit the bridge they were sitting under.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #24
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

this movie is totally mindless, are you kidding me. Theres absolutely nothing to think about........its some big computer animated monster who's just going on a rant through out NYC. Theres no crazy plot, no mystery, no theme, no important conversations with amazing quotes and sayings, no major actors, nothing...............just blood, gore, sci fi BS, and action. The only thing you have to think about is why the hell the movie ended so pointlessly and think about where that "monster" came from and why..........thats it.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #25
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

the movie was actually good. Nothing Was explained for a reason. This movie was based on a camera that they found in central park and they simply did not extend anywhere from the aspect of this being a whole recording. If they acutally explained where the monster came from, that would have changed the whole idea of the movie IMO.

"Cloverfield was a very good movie if you look at it as a recording and not exactly the average movie where its predicted whats gonna happen next. By not knowing exactly wtf it was this made the movie more suspenseful. Most movies now a days, escpiacally scary movies, theres always a character thats doing something completeldy retarded, But in "Cloverfield" these characters were believable.

The Dialouge was realistic and they talked as if there was no script. My only complaint in the whole movie, was how they reached Beth in her apartment, and how she just randomly woke up and was able to run as if she was healthy after being impaled.

i personally think the monster looked like a huge Bat walking around on the ground IMHO

IMDB gave this movie an 8.3/10. I give it an 8.5
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #26
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Not to mention how boring the first 20 minutes are because they keep dragging pointless shit on about that guy and his girl problems and other drama that means nothing to the movie.......lame. Save your money
The reason for this is because it was Video recording lol. The Movie theater by my house has papers on the doors saying "If you get dizzy easily do not watch "CLoverField". At some parts its rather shaky but it wasnt to bad to me
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
LOL You said 2 wrong things.

1) yes arguments can last 2 minutes. Just ask my girlfriend.
2) You say at the end watching a mindless movie. Haha you think having a secret monster and random ending is making people think? Holy fuck if you saw movies like Pi your mind would probably melt since you think this movie is not mindless.

Haven't seen it yet, most likely wont until it is on netflix.
You talk as if you have seen it..
I bet all of the people in this thread are saying it sucked, because they couldn't understand it.. Half of you are still wondering why the film suddenly cut off at the end.

Haven't watched Pi, nobody has ever said anything good about it. After reading the plot it reminds me of A Beautiful Mind though. OMGZ mindmelt. heh..

The movie actually does make you think, and pay attention, unlike most other movies out. You should have some knowledge about something before you post about it.

ohh.. I should also add that your first sentence sounds a little kiddish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
The Dialouge was realistic and they talked as if there was no script. My only complaint in the whole movie, was how they reached Beth in her apartment, and how she just randomly woke up and was able to run as if she was healthy after being impaled.
+1, she didn't seem to be in pain 10 minutes later.. And he kept on grabbing her by that shoulder and squeezing/hugging her.. yet she didn't cringe or anything.

-Nathan

SPOOOOOOILEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
keek..

01-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #28
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

haha thats crazy that you got that. Im Actually going to see this again shortly. I think that if more people look at this as if you found a camera in a park after a disaster and then you hit rewind and play and put it on the movie screen then you will certainly change your views on this movie.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #29
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

btw someone in my town house that Porsche in your sig I believe. He was messing with me and we had little run but it was more of a walk for me and like a run for him. God damn that thing is fast
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #30
GranTet
Rep
n/a
Drives:

the staticy message at the end of the credits says "It's still alive" backwards.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #31
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

I dont know about you guys...but I had some pretty spicey mexican food for dinner...then decided to take a nice large softdrink with goobers and sour patch kids into this movie...I was on the verge of puking the entire time...Someone went running down the stairs and puked on themselfe and some innocent bystanders...There was puke in the isle way on the way out...and there was puke in the toilet I was pissing in after the movie was over. It is an ASSAULT on your inner ear.

Otherwise I enjoyed it...I think?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #32
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
this movie is totally mindless, are you kidding me. Theres absolutely nothing to think about........its some big computer animated monster who's just going on a rant through out NYC. Theres no crazy plot, no mystery, no theme, no important conversations with amazing quotes and sayings, no major actors, nothing...............just blood, gore, sci fi BS, and action. The only thing you have to think about is why the hell the movie ended so pointlessly and think about where that "monster" came from and why..........thats it.
just watched this movie....I AGREE with every word u said, and BTW i got dizzy from this guy running around with the camera and my eyes started to hurt. Oh yeah that camera: 1) Didn't break 2)for 7 hours with the same tape 3)Doesn't even show signs of low battery.............LOL!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #33
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I dont know about you guys...but I had some pretty spicey mexican food for dinner...then decided to take a nice large softdrink with goobers and sour patch kids into this movie...I was on the verge of puking the entire time...Someone went running down the stairs and puked on themselfe and some innocent bystanders...There was puke in the isle way on the way out...and there was puke in the toilet I was pissing in after the movie was over. It is an ASSAULT on your inner ear.

Otherwise I enjoyed it...I think?
thats nasty, i don't go to public toilets for some reason .
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #34
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

leave the MONSTERS to the Japanese.........

remember the last time Americans attempted a monster movie......

KONG..... a 25ft. ape......
      01-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #35
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
just watched this movie....I AGREE with every word u said, and BTW i got dizzy from this guy running around with the camera and my eyes started to hurt. Oh yeah that camera: 1) Didn't break 2)for 7 hours with the same tape 3)Doesn't even show signs of low battery.............LOL!!!
Like I said.. people still don't understand the concept that it is a RECORDING ON A VIDEO CAMERA. It's a 1 hour and 24min recording.

"Betamax's longest tape (L-830) could record for 3 hours and 35 minutes."
I'm sure most video recorders have a 5 hour or longer life.
(Not to mention that it could be digital with 40GB+ of memory.)

And when was the camera supposed to break?? At the end?? It did, and thats why it stopped recording. The tape/hard drive was left intact.

Like I said again, Live Free/Die Hard.. This type of movie isn't for everyone.

Thank you for reinforcing all of my posts, thank you for showing me that most people on here have a hard time understanding things. I now wonder why I continue to come to these forums..

-Nathan
      01-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #36
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
You talk as if you have seen it..
I bet all of the people in this thread are saying it sucked, because they couldn't understand it.. Half of you are still wondering why the film suddenly cut off at the end.

Haven't watched Pi, nobody has ever said anything good about it. After reading the plot it reminds me of A Beautiful Mind though. OMGZ mindmelt. heh..

The movie actually does make you think, and pay attention, unlike most other movies out. You should have some knowledge about something before you post about it.
Ok, When I do see it I bet it will be how I said. Rotten Tomatoes has been giving it mediocre reviews. And that is a mixture of critics and normal people.

Nobody has ever said anything good about Pi? Who are you speaking of exactly? Critics? Who have said it is genius and that the director who also made Requiem for a dream is a genius. Which he truly is.

Oh wait because it didnt get hyped up and all this bullshit is that why? And a beautiful mind? Are you fucking kidding me? No, this movie is beyond that level. So please stop acting like you know what makes a thought provoking movie especially if all you know is ones that get mentioned on tv.

And again how exaclty is this movie thought provoking. You saw it so should have great points. Please dont say because you dont know what actually happens or what the monster is blah blah.

To me shit like that except in certain cases are just cus the writer sucks and goes with what works.
      01-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #37
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you for reinforcing all of my posts, thank you for showing me that most people on here have a hard time understanding things. I now wonder why I continue to come to these forums..

-Nathan
Yes you understand everything. The kid who wants to travel for a year and then find a career he will absolutely love everyday.

Also do you even own a BMW? If not then really who cares if you leave.
      01-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #38
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nobody has ever said anything good about Pi? Who are you speaking of exactly? Critics? Who have said it is genius and that the director who also made Requiem for a dream is a genius. Which he truly is.

Oh wait because it didnt get hyped up and all this bullshit is that why? And a beautiful mind? Are you fucking kidding me? No, this movie is beyond that level. So please stop acting like you know what makes a thought provoking movie especially if all you know is ones that get mentioned on tv.
Nobody has ever told me... "hey go watch Pi, it's such a great movie".
I also never said that they said bad stuff about the movie. I watched A Beautiful Mind before I even knew they had it on T.V. as well. I'm sure that A Beautiful Mind is well above Pi and Requiem for a Dream, so I'll have to go rent them both now. (I've heard requiem is nothing but drugs, WHAT A PLOT!!!)

So many people tell me these directors are genius's.. Just because they make one good movie, doesn't mean all their other movies are good.
Tim Burton for instance.. all he has is Big Fish and possibly Edward Scissor Hands. Everything else?? Exactly the same, and terrible. His movies mainly appeal to goth's, and they only like them because it is the fad.
Quentin Tarantino as well.. all he has is Reservoir Dogs, possibly Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. That doesn't make him a great director, but people seem to think so.

Quote:
Yes you understand everything. The kid who wants to travel for a year and then find a career he will absolutely love everyday.

Also do you even own a BMW? If not then really who cares if you leave.
Travel for a semester, knock my major out, and then work at the job I will absolutely love everyday.**
I'm sure I know more than you about a lot of things, and how to live a good life.

Nah, I don't have a BMW. But why do you assume that someone would care if you left a forum, because you drive a car with a badge on it?? I don't expect anyone to care whenever I leave, because you don't build relationships with people over forums. (Contrary to what you might think.)
Why would anyone waste money on a BMW at 19 anyway??
I'm sure most people want them for the 'status' that comes with it, and also the thought that maybe they will pick up more chicks/look more attractive.

-Nathan

Last edited by Expired; 01-19-2008 at 01:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #39
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
I actually kind of liked it. It's not the usual movie-going experience, it's like you're taking a peek at a slice of history. No backstory, no ending, just one singular frame.

Take it at face value and you'll enjoy it, just shut your eyes when he's running and watch when he has it semi-stationary and you probably won't get too sick from it.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #40
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

i gues the only people who truly understood this movie was me and expired? The camera battery did not run out because if you notice The Camera goes in and out and Cuts symbolizing that he hit the record button off and on in some parts of the movie. Go see it again people, and dont watch it like you watch every other movie. Try and think of it as real life.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #41
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

Also Expired Tim Burton did Fight Club
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:46 AM   #42
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

Quote:
no, its because a bomb hit the bridge they were sitting under.
Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
i gues the only people who truly understood this movie was me and expired? The camera battery did not run out because if you notice The Camera goes in and out and Cuts symbolizing that he hit the record button off and on in some parts of the movie. Go see it again people, and dont watch it like you watch every other movie. Try and think of it as real life.
i was just being sarcastic. we decided not to watch the film. there was nothing to do so we just watched juno instead haha.

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #43
grod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Everyone has an opinion and unfortunately I doubt there really is a movie out there that everyone will agree is a great movie. I really think that Star Wars and The Godfather are great films, but a friend of mine thinks they were pointless. To each their own in taste.

Otherwise, I think it was a different film. It is something that you don't expect.
I would give it 3 out of 5 stars, I might have to wait till Netflix and watch it again to get a better understanding of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #44
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

I totally agree with you. Its sad but most people wont even give Star Wars the time and day. My gf wont ever go near it, but other hand i loved all of them. On the other hand I think I am one of the few who has still not seen The Godfather.
Appreciate 0