BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-24-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
lenrok
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Who regrets buying their car?

Having some second thoughts only after 2 months of ownership. It's cool I guess, revs really high, looks ok. I guess I was expecting more I suppose.

But then again I also just recently drove a F80 M3. and what a difference. Do you guys feel these E9X's will go up in value?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenrok View Post
Having some second thoughts only after 2 months of ownership. It's cool I guess, revs really high, looks ok. I guess I was expecting more I suppose.

But then again I also just recently drove a F80 M3. and what a difference. Do you guys feel these E9X's will go up in value?
Are you serious? Unless you bought a 'dog', suggest you check yourself lol

Ok I just saw the photo, it looks like it's been lowered. I had a golf GTI that was lowered by previous owner, it was a death trap. My point is, it ain't the same car if a clown has fked with the suspension. I'm also sensing you're not bothered one way or another if it has 8 or 6 cylinders either... which would explain your weirdness. From the photo yours is a nice example, I will say that.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:

S65 M3's are fast in the car world like Harley's are fast in the bike world. They look nice and sound cool but if you're looking for fast look elsewhere..
      03-24-2019, 11:18 PM   #4
lenrok
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post

Ok I just saw the photo, it looks like it's been lowered. I had a golf GTI that was lowered by previous owner, it was a death trap. My point is, it ain't the same car if a clown has fked with the suspension. I'm also sensing you're not bothered one way or another if it has 8 or 6 cylinders either... which would explain your weirdness. From the photo yours is a nice example, I will say that.
it's on H&R springs. It actually rides decent. I've also owned both 6 and 8 cylinder cars. I've had both B6/7 Audi S4's, VW Mk4 R32's and etc. Not my first rodeo. Point is there are things I don't enjoy that are enough for me to not be happy.

It's an extremely clean 2 owner car with ALL service records. Zero mods minus the springs. I just did the rod bearing service. It's a great example of a properly maintained E90 M3. Just starting to feel maybe it's not for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #5
lenrok
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
S65 M3's are fast in the car world like Harley's are fast in the bike world. They look nice and sound cool but if you're looking for fast look elsewhere..
I'm not looking for super fast. Yeah this things revs high but it feels sluggish compared to other V8's I've driven.

Maybe a tune and some test pipes will wake it up, who knows.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:35 PM   #6
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I'm not looking for super fast. Yeah this things revs high but it feels sluggish compared to other V8's I've driven.

Maybe a tune and some test pipes will wake it up, who knows.
I get what your saying, seem to have more show then go. The tune and test pipes will definitely liven it up a little but won't deliver the low end "sit back and hold on" torque that an f80 does.
      03-24-2019, 11:46 PM   #7
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post

it's on H&R springs. It actually rides decent. I've also owned both 6 and 8 cylinder cars. I've had both B6/7 Audi S4's, VW Mk4 R32's and etc. Not my first rodeo. Point is there are things I don't enjoy that are enough for me to not be happy.

It's an extremely clean 2 owner car with ALL service records. Zero mods minus the springs. I just did the rod bearing service. It's a great example of a properly maintained E90 M3. Just starting to feel maybe it's not for me.
Ok Still don't get it - personally I can compare it to an S5 V8 (below) which I owned from new, had good lower end torque but nothing special, handling wasn't great at higher speed it would only go in a straight line b/c the engine/front end was so heavy. Ride quality was the worst (bone shaker) and the brakes squeaked lol... only good points were the burbling v8 noise and it was pretty. E9x M3 is on a different level...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:57 PM   #8
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

I don't regret it but it's def not the car for me long term. I absolutely like it but have not falling in love like most others on here. I don't track it so maybe that is why. I have not felt what it was built to do. Even after supercharging it I still don't have any intentions of keeping it. Gonna get a car that I am passionate about as I only put sub 5k miles a year on my car. Gonna get a twin turbo v8 for the long term.

I agree with above. I had a v8 s5. Look nice. Drove horrible and was slow as shit. The m3 is wayyy better.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 12:14 AM   #9
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
I don't regret it but it's def not the car for me long term. I absolutely like it but have not falling in love like most others on here. I don't track it so maybe that is why. I have not felt what it was built to do. Even after supercharging it I still don't have any intentions of keeping it. Gonna get a car that I am passionate about as I only put sub 5k miles a year on my car. Gonna get a twin turbo v8 for the long term.

I agree with above. I had a v8 s5. Look nice. Drove horrible and was slow as shit. The m3 is wayyy better.
I actually remember an M3 coupe overtaking me in the S5 on the Long Island expressway, screamed past at 90+ mph while we were on a long corner... The engineering is a different class. Literally like comparing F1 to a boat 🤣
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:34 AM   #10
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

You need to become one with your M.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2019, 01:20 AM   #11
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Should have got a 7 speed. Not letting off while upshifting really helps keep the power band on. GLWS
      03-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #12
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
Should have got a 7 speed. Not letting off while upshifting really helps keep the power band on. GLWS
Yep, I do have days regretting my 6mt. Especially after riding my motorcycle with shift assist. I've never been in a dct m3 but could imagine how a 7 speed dct would make it quicker. I still yearn for that instant power like op's missing too.
      03-25-2019, 03:20 AM   #13
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Sell it and get an F80. Faster car with newer tech.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 05:46 AM   #14
lenrok
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
Used they are still going for a hefty price. The reason I went with an E9X was because for the price you (at the time I felt) get a lot of car for the money.

I'm not a fan of the low band power, you have to go well past 6k to feel it. The trans and gearbox feels notchy. Especially when going into second gear. Sitting in the drivers seat the cabin feels tight after awhile.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 06:05 AM   #15
Whyte Dynamyte
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
Used they are still going for a hefty price. The reason I went with an E9X was because for the price you (at the time I felt) get a lot of car for the money.

I'm not a fan of the low band power, you have to go well past 6k to feel it. The trans and gearbox feels notchy. Especially when going into second gear. Sitting in the drivers seat the cabin feels tight after awhile.
If the F80's are too expensive, and you are regretting your purchase, what do you think you could get for the money that is better suited for you than the E90?
      03-25-2019, 06:32 AM   #16
Gman_e92m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:

it took me awhile to adjust to my e92 m3, from having 2 turbo cars prior.
i was used to the the throw me into the back of the seat torque from turbo 4 cyl and now with a v8-- where the hell is my torque . but the e92 m3 is a handling machine- and that v8 bring balance to the handling machine- 3rd gear pinned on back roads- sticking to the road like glue it tons of fun. highway pulls with a vette can get upsetting. i supercharged mine, and its changed things a lot in regards to the missing power you are looking for. But, then it can be upsetting, its equal to the power of a f80 with a tune & exhaust with the charger. Either way your spending money on either build. do i regret it no.....!! do i wish shit did not cost so much... YES..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Gman_e92m3; 03-25-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #17
dleonardos
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Go get yourself a w204 C63. M156 is the german LS. Will smoke a E9X M3 in a drag race but not around a circuit. I spent quite some time with a 2012 with the performance pack and lsd. Wonderful car, have nothing bad to say. It is a bit heavier, but it is larger and rear passengers prefer it. I just prefer rowing my own gears and using the powerband. M156 and S65 are in the top 5 best sounding V8s of all time for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #18
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Had my F80 M3 since December and I still miss my E92 M3 every time I see one. The F80 is starting to grow on me though. My biggest grip with the F8x is the terrible steering. The E9x will and are holding their value very well. The residuals on the F8x are terrible.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #19
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

It sounds like you should move up to a F8x or try a different car.

The E9x isn't for everyone and people have different preferences. Some people love high revving NA engines and other prefer turbos. I for one absolutely hate newer cars and about everything that comes with them(except for the heated/cooled seats of course). I prefer a more raw engaging feeling over speed and tech in what is now being produced. Maybe I'm getting old lol. I'll be moving backwards and picking up an E46 M3 to go along with my E90 M3. Nothing wrong with loving the F8x, it's a great car, just not my idea of a fun car(I've driven quite a few).
Appreciate 1
mrdoja33.00
      03-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #20
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

There are tons of threads of people going back a generation, or coming back to the e9x after sampling another car. If it's not your flavor, that's ok, too. Are you sure you're driving it properly?
      03-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #21
lenrok
Private First Class
Rep

Maybe I need to spend more time behind the wheel. I'm not DDing it. I was also babying it prior to the rod bearing service. Now that they are done maybe I can push it harder.

I'll try test pipes and a tune to see if it beefs it up a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #22
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Take that bish up to 8,300.