BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

08-03-2018, 01:35 AM   #23
JLL111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

+1 for BPM. I am running the update Stage2 tune + burble tune and have no lurching issues at all. Having the option of where you want the burble to run is fantastic! Thanks Mike!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 03:51 AM   #24
Phat55
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Damn I’m stuck between getting the Gintani e85 tune and the RKtunes tune. I’m half way across the world so customer service will be important if I have any issues
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 02:07 AM   #25
Jameswiththem6
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3. E90 335i. E64 M6

Nah, I got this tune as well but the stage 2 full E85 version that costs almost $2k for my e92 m3 dct. And I had built my car just like "c63nyc" was gutted like him, had backseats removed, no front passenger seat, and a 17lbs carbon fiber driver seat instead of the heavy and almost 70lbs front seats, I also had a seibon carbon fiber hood, vis racing carbon fiber trunk, and had the oem carbon fiber roof, I wasn't fbo because I lacked a pulley and headers, also didn't have a dct transmission tune for faster shifts, but let me just explain YOU HAVE TO BE FULLY CATLESS to get the advertised whp gains from any company and n/a tune, I had a huge power jump, lol I was able to pull on supercharged e9x m3's just like how c63nyc did with his n/a freak build, I also had a custom catless midsection and instead of having a x-pipe like what 97% of e9x m3 owners do, I decided to go with a h-pipe to help with adding more torque because the s65 lacks it, that tune was the best thing I added when I had my m3, before I was gutted I gapped my buddies bpm tuned fbo e92 m3 dct, and remember I wasn't even fbo lol, I also had a rebuilt motor with upgraded main bearings and rod bearings so it was a very healthy motor, and I ran redline 5w50 instead of the 10w60 crap that BMW recommended from factory, which is actually the reason the s65 and s85 has rod bearing problems lol, the c6 z06 has similar bearing clearance compared to the s85 and s65, but you never hear about rod bearings on it!!! And you know why?! Because Chevy actually recommended the right oil lmao, I now own a 2008 E64 M6 silverstone metallic, also just got the motor rebuilt with a better block, upgraded main bearings and rod bearings, and will DEFINITELY be going with that stage 2 FULL E85 Gintani tune once im fully catless. Because the only other tuner that offers a full E85 tune for the s65 and s85 is RK Tunes, and I live by Los Angeles so I went with Gintani. Got nothing against RK Tunes, they are also goated lol. Gintani and RK Tunes are the way to go if you want a full send tune that has significant gains in whp, but make sure to be fully catless lol.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:21 AM   #26
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat55 View Post
Damn I’m stuck between getting the Gintani e85 tune and the RKtunes tune. I’m half way across the world so customer service will be important if I have any issues
If you want customer service go with BPM, most of these other tuners will forget you after 2-3 irregularly timed emails.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0