BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #45
Reichsadler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
Agreed, but for the record and general knowledge, there's more to it that makes a frozen m3 than just its paint.
It should be pretty obvious to even the casual observer that the pilot was talking only about changing the color of his M3 with a vinyl wrap.

I'm pretty sure that most everyone in the M3 community knows that the limited edition run of Frozen M3s came with a pricey premium over a base E92 M3 that included the paint job, the Competition Package, MPE, matte black 19” 395M style wheels and sport mapping for the EDC/ DSC as well as the Premium Package with black extended Novillo leather and appearance items like special interior stitching to match the exterior and gloss black kidney grills, side gills and black exhaust pipe tip.

But, hey! The thread is about vinyl wraps. How would you describe the color the guy changed his car to?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #46
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90///M3 View Post
I think its a good investment assuming you get the color you want and protecting your paint. Say you sell your car couple years later, you recoup that money back because you can sell it at a higher price. Plus if you have a desirable color, it will sell faster.
But do understand that there are finishes such as chrome, satin, and matte that might work better with wraps do to their consistency. Though wraps will have a hard time mimicking a fresh super deep glossy paint job.
That's the understatement of the new year. The wraps will not deceive the eyes of many or most in this forum and certainly not mine. It's not even close or a case of "let me look at it from a different angle".

As for investment...Breaking even or profiting from the wrap is always dependent on someone wanting "that" and having more money than price smarts. I'd say the odds are good for such individuals appearing out of nowhere to purchase one.
      01-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #47
Reichsadler
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
That's the understatement of the new year. The wraps will not deceive the eyes of many or most in this forum and certainly not mine. It's not even close or a case of "let me look at it from a different angle".

As for investment...Breaking even or profiting from the wrap is always dependent on someone wanting "that" and having more money than price smarts. I'd say the odds are good for such individuals appearing out of nowhere to purchase one.
It appears that you are missing the thrust of e90///M3's post.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #48
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichsadler View Post
It appears that you are missing the thrust of e90///M3's post.
Methinks you have misunderstood my post.

He [e90///] is giving him sound advice, IMO (See my investment comment). There are alternatives to wrapping if paint protection is top priority and to my eyes there's greater appeal, but if one isn't happy with extant paint, then by all means wrap it up.
      01-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #49
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichsadler View Post
I'm pretty sure that most everyone in the M3 community knows that the limited edition run of Frozen M3s came with a pricey premium over a base E92 M3 that included the paint job, the Competition Package, MPE, matte black 19” 395M style wheels and sport mapping for the EDC/ DSC as well as the Premium Package with black extended Novillo leather and appearance items like special interior stitching to match the exterior and gloss black kidney grills, side gills and black exhaust pipe tip.
Based upon the numerous replies both on this forum and off, including a large percentage of attendees both entered in some way to the show or walking the grounds at bimmerfest east, along with other gatherings, heck even at dealers, no...you're wrong. Most in the m3 community don't know all of the options. Also...don't quote me, talk about frozen cars and then mention to keep the thread on topic. That's troll swag. Bad for your health. Informative post nonetheless
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #50
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

It cracks me up that some people think that the E9X platform is an "investment" car.

I get wanting to keep your car nice. But, however great this car is to you personally, it won't be anywhere near a collector's item.

Wrap it, cut it up, or never touch it. It's a car...do what you want with it, OP.
      01-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #51
Reichsadler
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
Methinks you have misunderstood my post.

He [e90///] is giving him sound advice, IMO (See my investment comment). There are alternatives to wrapping if paint protection is top priority and to my eyes there's greater appeal, but if one isn't happy with extant paint, then by all means wrap it up.
K. Got it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #52
Reichsadler
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Based upon the numerous replies both on this forum and off, including a large percentage of attendees both entered in some way to the show or walking the grounds at bimmerfest east, along with other gatherings, heck even at dealers, no...you're wrong. Most in the m3 community don't know all of the options. Also...don't quote me, talk about frozen cars and then mention to keep the thread on topic. That's troll swag. Bad for your health.
"Bad for my health"? Am I going to wake up with a horse's head in my bed? You are from Jersey after all.

Quote:
Informative post nonetheless
Thanks. What color did you say the guy's car was?
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50