BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

07-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #45
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola 32/65 View Post
Considering the 3 other cars I know of that have this installed or in the process of getting it is a R8, RS5 and a 997 C4S I don't think it's all that bad. Thanks for your opinion though, that is what a forum is all about.
Just further evidence that money can't buy taste.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #46
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thik View Post
Because it lowers your stopping distance by 300%.
It's almost as effective as an aftermarket sticker at increasing performance.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 05:03 AM   #47
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
My fiancé was going to get the calipers powder coated BMW blue but we were told about this recently and really liked the idea of it and as you can tell, its pretty close to the BMW blue. I know this is not for everyone but we've gotten a lot of positive feedback so far on it.
So is this basically highly reflective neon powder coat? Interesting, not sure if the stock E9X M3 calipers are worth the highlight though. If this is a sturdy paint, I would like to see this process applied to the wheels!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #48
Mikulski
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09' ///M3

I'm interested in seeing what it looks like in person at night. I'm imagining your calipers acting like strobe lights from incoming traffic. Not so much my cup of tea but as long as you enjoy it! Im not hatin'
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #49
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
So is this basically highly reflective neon powder coat? Interesting, not sure if the stock E9X M3 calipers are worth the highlight though. If this is a sturdy paint, I would like to see this process applied to the wheels!
Or BBK calipers

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #50
Nola 32/65
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Its a specially made reflective wrap for the calipers, its not a paint/powder coat. The stock calipers are a good size IMO for this, not too big. I think the wheels would be a huge overkill mod, way too districting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikulski View Post
I'm interested in seeing what it looks like in person at night. I'm imagining your calipers acting like strobe lights from incoming traffic. Not so much my cup of tea but as long as you enjoy it! Im not hatin'
Thanks. Actually we went for a drive last night and the only time they are truly reflective is when I'm driving pass a cross street with people there and their headlights hit the brakes. Other then that, even with the street lights and lights of businesses they still don't really reflect that much. They just look like a really good blue that closely matches the BMW emblems which is exactly what we wanted. Its definitely noticeable when direct light hits it but its also very subtle and not over powering all the time like neon lights or a giant wing on a stock car.
      07-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #51
GrahamDobbins
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JBM M3 BPM Sport Stage II

I don't get all the hate here. Yeah it's not everyones cup of tea, but I feel like none of you are even reading his post. It isn't glowing like that all the time, it is just a normal blue for the whole part of a day. I only see it shining like that at night or when someone shines direct light. It would take people off guard, and would be pretty cool. It's not like he is driving around with glowing calipers, and I think none of you have taken the time to realize that. Damn, thats one extremely dark tint you got going too man!

Last edited by GrahamDobbins; 07-18-2014 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #52
Nola 32/65
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamDobbins View Post
I don't get all the hate here. Yeah it's not everyones cup of tea, but I feel like none of you are even reading his post. It isn't glowing like that all the time, it is just a normal blue for the whole part of a day. I only see it shining like that at night or when someone shines direct light. It would take people off guard, and would be pretty cool. It's not like he is driving around with glowing calipers, and I think none of you have taken the time to realize that. Damn, thats one extremely dark tint you got going too man!
I feel the exact same way, most people just saw the pics and posted without actually knowing what they were looking at.

Thank you for taking the time to read about what you're looking at!

As far as the tint, its 20% all the way around with 50% on the windshield. It really does look dark in the pics but its not too bad lol.
      07-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #53
DjZotic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

wow, that thing looks like its glow-in-the-dark
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #54
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
LOL, this had me rolling!

Quote:
I believe this car will be the first car in the country (besides the manufacture's vehicles) to have this done to the brakes and on the road! Pretty cool I think.

My fiancé was going to get the calipers powder coated BMW blue but we were told about this recently and really liked the idea of it and as you can tell, its pretty close to the BMW blue. I know this is not for everyone but we've gotten a lot of positive feedback so far on it.

From the shops FB Page
"Here at EAS we are proud to announce one of the first few of our cars rolling out with our signature Highlighter Brake Calipers. Making this the first BMW M3 in the country with these. We enjoy bringing new services to our clientele and will continue to do so. Up next for this M3 is our EAS Tire Shine Treatment."

Here is a picture of the car without direct light on the reflective calipers, so no, these are not always reflecting.
I think the concept is interesting. Can you take some close up pics of the calipers with the wrap? I wonder how it will hold up to the high heat generated by heavy braking? And what tire shine treatment are they going to do for you? Props for being creative and going out of the box some.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #55
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

you should do this as well
Attached Images

07-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #56
Amirsm3
Brigadier General