BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Mporium BMW

03-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
2K7
///M-thusiast
Rep
Drives: M3, M4 GTS

Tint Friendly State Inspection Stations in NH??

Hey Everyone,

I recently moved to NH from another state where tinting and no front plate were not reasons to fail a state inspection and now I'm overdue for a NH state inspection.

I've found Pro-Vision Automotive and 3D Auto by searching the threads? My M3 has dark tint on all the windows except for the front windshield and doesn't have a front plate. I love my dark tinting so I'm trying my best to not have to remove it just to get a state inspection sticker.

Can anyone recommend other tint friendly NH state inspection stations in the Manchester or Nashua area. If anyone can help me get me a sticker, I'll be more than glad to bring a case of your favorite beer for the trouble.. Or if anyone knows a shop looking for an easy $40. Please PM if you're not comfortable posting a reply.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

See if you can get an eye doctor to diagnose you with light sensitivity or something like that. No shop wants to overlook something that will obviously be noticed if you get pulled over.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
gsxrliterbikz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93, E38, E53

Garage List
2008 Bmw m3  [0.00]
2001 BMW x5  [0.00]
2001 BMW 740  [0.00]
My local gas station puts stickers on all my cars. No front plates, tint, mods, they don't care.
But they also know I take good care of my cars and would never point my finger at them if I got pulled over.
I think the key will be to have a relationship with a shop. If you don't, they will follow the rules.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Hard to believe the "Live Free or Die" state is only 1 of 4 states that bans any amount of tinting on the front windows.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
2K7
///M-thusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
See if you can get an eye doctor to diagnose you with light sensitivity or something like that. No shop wants to overlook something that will obviously be noticed if you get pulled over.
The medical waiver will only allow you to have 35% tint so I'm still out of luck because my tint is much darker.

Still no inspection sticker. Haven't driven the car much. Kinda dissapointed that on an enthusiast board that no one was willing to help out and suggest a place in the Manchester area.

Looks like it's time to my representative to take steps to get this NH tinting law changed.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
2K7
///M-thusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloo View Post
Hard to believe the "Live Free or Die" state is only 1 of 4 states that bans any amount of tinting on the front windows.
Yeah i was shocked to find out as well.

You don't need to wear your seatbelt or carry liability car insurance but you can't tint your front windows. Go figure.

It's time for change.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #7
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO_Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
The medical waiver will only allow you to have 35% tint so I'm still out of luck because my tint is much darker.

Still no inspection sticker. Haven't driven the car much. Kinda dissapointed that on an enthusiast board that no one was willing to help out and suggest a place in the Manchester area.

Looks like it's time to my representative to take steps to get this NH tinting law changed.
I have a good buddy who's on the Manchester pd..let me ask him what he knows.

Do you live in Manchester? Only reason I ask is because I'm up there all the time (friends) and it'd be nice seeing another ///M on the roads for a change lol

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #8
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Pro vision in hudson will not pass you for tints. I tried. But theyre cool with everything else. I often see the gxxr and other modded vehicles parked

Vulctech, or used to be tates garage, are dicks
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #9
R8TD-M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
E90 328Xi  [0.00]
E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
1997 Toyota 4Runner  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO_Turbo View Post

Hey, if you still need a sticker LMK... I might be able to help. I'm in Manchester, NH, send me a PM!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 11:47 AM   #10
newtoNH223
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8TD-M View Post
Hey, if you still need a sticker LMK... I might be able to help. I'm in Manchester, NH, send me a PM!
Hey man, hope youÂ’re doing well! I just moved up to Manch from Jersey. I have 2 cars that have nice ceramic tints all around and I really donÂ’t want to take them off. I saw a super old comment of yours about knowing some shop that might be able to overlook tints. Both my cars are new so easy inspection, just the tintsÂ…anyway you could help me out a little?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 11:56 AM   #11
newtoNH223
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrliterbikz View Post
My local gas station puts stickers on all my cars. No front plates, tint, mods, they don't care.
But they also know I take good care of my cars and would never point my finger at them if I got pulled over.
I think the key will be to have a relationship with a shop. If you don't, they will follow the rules.

Hey man, would you possibly be able to hook me up with wherever you have luck getting inspected with tints? Just moved to Manchester from NJ and don’t want to take off my ceramics…please PM or something if possible
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 08:01 PM   #12
König
König
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 x50i M-Sport

I smell a rat. I would suggest no one replies to "newtoNH223."
Appreciate 0