BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

12-27-2023, 11:05 PM   #1
teslabluelaws
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E93

2008 E93 M3 ~ 79k Miles, 6MT ~ RB & TA Done

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 18,000.00

Item Interest
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB98Du

I’m listing my Manual BMW M3 Convertible for sale in Miami. This beast of a car was a thrill to drive and I am sad to see it go but I’m selling because I barely drive the car and will be moving soon abroad where I will not need the car.
In the 28 months and 21 thousand miles I’ve had the car I constantly got it fixed and was proactive in addressing issues I knew would hinder the car. The car is as of today at 79,100 miles. The first owner got the car from 2008-2012 and put the first 42k miles. The second owner has the car from 2012-2021 and would only put 17k miles on it. The car was mostly driven in the warmer months by these owners. By me it has almost exclusively been driven in warmer climates as I have moved down to south florida. It is vital to note that the car has not been mechanically modified in any way (besides the autocouture exhaust mod), but it has all the supporting maintenance to flourish for many miles in the future

Maintenance wise
-Rod Bearings and new engine mounts were done 200 miles after I received the car (I am looking for this receipt from Rogue Engineering in Upper Saddle River NJ. I had this job done in August 2021. My name is in the company system and I have the bill on my credit card statement)
-One throttle actuator was done by me, the other was done by second owner at around 50 thousand miles
– Clutch Pressure Plate
-window regulator and window motor
-belt tensioner, pulley, and serpentine belt.
– oil changes at 60k, 64k, 73k, 79k miles
– break fluid flush and manual trans fluid flush
-New Starter and Alternator (I am also looking for this receipt from Euro Clinic in Mission Texas and I also have the bill on my credit card statement from June 2022)
– New Oil level sensor

Cosmetic wise
-LCI Eurospec Amber Taillight Upgrade
-Master LED Interior Lighting Kit
-ZHP 6 Speed Shift Knob
– Tint, 25 Percent

Performance-ish wise
-ACM exhaust mod
-Michellin Pilot Sport 4S
– Apex Bolt On 19×9.5″ ET22 Anthracite APEX ARC-8 BMW Wheels

I have most of the receipts from the various shops and companies I worked with including:
Mikes Bimmershop
Autocourture Motoring
Rogue Engineering
Euro Clinic
Cartronics
FCP Euro
ECS Tuning
Tire Rack
APEX Wheels

This M3 was in a minor accident that chipped part of the passenger side panel near the headlight. When I bought the car, there was extensive wear to the exterior. There were scratches on nearly every panel of the car; bird poop had eaten into the paint; the right convertible panel had been nicked and indented with the silver covered trim torn off. The front bumper also had a minor cut which I didn’t address, and over the last 19k miles that cut turned into a fracture that frankly will need a new bumper. In addition, I am going to assume someone in my parking lot hit the back of my car and caused a streak running vertically along the trunk. Besides one detail I got the car two years ago, the exterior issues were not addressed and presumedly would be the priority to fix when getting the car. Interior-wise, some of the leather is worn from the summers spent in Texas and Miami outside and could also use a detailing. The door floor plastic pieces also broke off, this was a long story. These parts are in expensive on ebay and I would help the buyer with links to buy them.

I had also planned to upgrade certain cosmetic elements, some which I did and some of which I didn’t. I changed the amplifier and Bluetooth receiver in the back as both had gone bad which allowed me to play music. Still I believe rain got into the car from the previous owner which messed up the bass frequencies. I think someone taking this car should, frankly install an aftermarket sound system that will be specific to optimizing music in a convertible. I bought an AVIN dashboard Apple Car with backup camera I had hoped to install. I did not install and I would be open to selling it for a heavy discount along with the car.

The car is in excellent mechanical shape. As noted, the car has undergone all the major maintenance that plagues this generation M3 and the clutch has also been fixed to increase it’s longevity due to clutch issues specific to the 2008 model. Right now, though, there is one larger mechanical issue with the car. The Electronic Damper Control, or EDC, has not worked for the last 3 thousand miles. This puts the car in the stiff sport setting always. I decided not to fix this issue because I knew many people didn’t care for BMW’s EDC anyway and would install aftermarket coilovers instead.
Minor issue wise, atleast one of the TPMS sensors has gone bad.
Also the right rear break light has been disconnected due to a frayed wire which I am attempting to fix .
As a convertible, it’s important to speak about the condition. Since I’ve had the car, the convertible has treated me fairly well. I never replaced the convertible fluid but I did use Gummi Pflege to lubricate the silicone multiple times. There is still a little creaking though as in florida the sun and temperatures put wear on the rubber. At one point in my ownership, the convertible would get stuck mid opening and closing. After research on my own and with my main shop Miami, it was clear the Salmon Relays which transmit the opening and closing signals, had gone bad. Since replacing them the convertible goes up and down smoothly like it should.

Asking $18,000 for this M3. Serious offers only, please. Clean title, two keys, most records in hand as I am looking for the rest.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested. – thanks!

Attached Images

Last edited by teslabluelaws; 01-29-2024 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 12:16 PM   #2
sharkbite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

How far are you from Paramus ?
Appreciate 0