BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

09-18-2018, 09:34 AM   #45
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 Z4C, '07 E93

If I register independent in PA I don't get to vote in the primary.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #46
Real Dodger
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
In Texas, no one asks.
If Trump runs in 2020 and there is no credible GOP opponent for him, I'll vote in the Dem primary, and vote for a normal, non-progressive candidate, if there is one.
      09-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
That's why I wrote independent (non-partisan/decline to state is the actual term in Ca) vs. Independent, an actual party (apparently).

Depends on the party preference, whether I get to vote in the primary. I think in the last, as a registered decline, I could have picked from 2 or 3 primary voting cards, but once I made that selection I had to chose among that party's candidates.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #48
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 Z4C, '07 E93

In PA pubs get to vote in the pub primary and dems in the dem primary. End of story.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #49
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, B8.5 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I think that's too quick to judge. Who would run for president these days? He's already got plenty of money, and he's not even taking a salary. In return for winning, he's had himself and his family excoriated, and many unpleasant effects.

He also has some history of helping people in need.
No, I don't think Trump is a altruistic person. He has made a lot of money since coming to office and he's ensured that he will make even more money once he leaves the presidency.

He's not the president because he is looking to help people. He's in it for the power and to drive his greed.
      09-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #50
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
I think that's too quick to judge. Who would run for president these days? He's already got plenty of money, and he's not even taking a salary. In return for winning, he's had himself and his family excoriated, and many unpleasant effects.

He also has some history of helping people in need.
No, I don't think Trump is a altruistic person. He has made a lot of money since coming to office and he's ensured that he will make even more money once he leaves the presidency.

He's not the president because he is looking to help people. He's in it for the power and to drive his greed.
Perhaps. We will never know. But "all boats have risen" in a major way, since he took office.

So what were the other issues again??
      09-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #51
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
In Texas, no one asks.
If Trump runs in 2020 and there is no credible GOP opponent for him, I'll vote in the Dem primary, and vote for a normal, non-progressive candidate, if there is one.
Who would that be? They must already be on the public stage, in order to secure a candidacy, right?
      09-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #52
Real Dodger
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In Texas, no one asks.
Who would that be? They must already be on the public stage, in order to secure a candidacy, right?
Hopefully Bloomberg will run. I could definitely vote for him.

If it's just a progressive leftist though, I'll just pray for third-party ticket.

Sources of indicated Kasich might run as an independent, as well as Mark Cuban. All three of the people I mentioned would be far superior to Donald Trump.
      09-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #53
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In Texas, no one asks.

If it's just a progressive leftist though, I'll just pray for third-party ticket.

Sources of indicated Kasich might run as an independent, as well as Mark Cuban. All three of the people I mentioned would be far superior to Donald Trump.
Bloomberg - isn't he the billionaire that banned sodas in NYC? Was he successful in his tenure as mayor?

Cuban - so I guess his legacy as a Republican didn't work out, when Trump rejected him as VP. Then he switched to Democrat, and got no political traction there either. Didn't know he was now an independent? That track record would concern me, to say the least...

Kasich - maybe he can run on his platform of open borders? Hopefully he won't eat in front of the cameras again...
      09-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #54
Real Dodger
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In Texas, no one asks.

Bloomberg - isn't he the billionaire that banned sodas in NYC? Was he successful in his tenure as mayor?

Cuban - so I guess his legacy as a Republican didn't work out, when Trump rejected him as VP. Then he switched to Democrat, and got no political traction there either. Didn't know he was now an independent? That track record would concern me, to say the least...

Kasich - maybe he can run on his platform of open borders? Hopefully he won't eat in front of the cameras again...
You need to go to nonfiction news sources, replace this fictional stuff you're reading.
      09-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #55
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In Texas, no one asks.

You need to go to nonfiction news sources, replace this fictional stuff you're reading.
Bloomberg soda ban:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/n...rge-sodas.html

Cuban on being Trump's VP, etc.:

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ps-vp-if-asked

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2020584

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mark...ry?id=41013611

Kasich on immigration:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...hio/610629002/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electio...ration-policy/

Kasich on meals:

What were you saying?