BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

01-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Windshield washer fluid sensor

I recently got the warning signal that my washer fluid was low, so I go and fill it up to the top. The warning goes away, the next day the warning comes on again. Turn the car off and than back on again and its gone, drive around for a bit and when i turn the car off i get the warning again?? I have no leaks. Has anybody else every experience this??
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

If you're sure reservoir is full, then something is wrong. Most likely a bad sensor or loose/shorted connector. Unfortunately, fender has to come off to get to the tank, which means fender liners (there're 2) and other bits have to come off too. And yes, I'm sure of that because my car is sitting in my garage fenderless and that's the only way to get to the sensor. The good news is the sensor just twists off 1/8 of a turn to be removed. The small pump is for the windshield washers, and if equipped, the big one for the headlight washers (mine has it).

What it's puzzling to me is how the hell do you get to 2 screws in front of the door that are facing the reservoir . Maybe bending the hell out of the plastic fender, but doesn't sound like a good idea. Anyway, seems like you better let a dealer handle that. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Did you fix this? My sensor has to be messed up too. Because my wiper fluid bottle is not leaking either. And full to the top And I still get the warning.