BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

05-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #23
M3BALLER08
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
ya I will post them shortly my friend was taking all the photo's on her camera. Havent gotten the copys yet.

Thanks! Feel free to post up pics of your female friend as well. LOL, j/k!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3BALLER08 View Post
Thanks! Feel free to post up pics of your female friend as well. LOL, j/k!!!
the one in that pic is my Fiance :P

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Gemcoska
Sleepy Member, wishing I was on the road.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Okay I search for clear reflectors and it seems like there's a few that want them but no one ever found them. Has it changed yet? I'm Sparkling Graphite and a clear reflector would be a great contrast.
      05-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #26
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

I want a smoked orange reflector.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #27
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

I'm not feeling the painted reflectors. Being raised, they stand out a lot more than painted ones on the 328 or 335 coupes.

If I get an M3 I think I may learn to deal with the orange or ideally I'd rather have a clear reflector.

At least with a reflector it looks like it belongs there. The painted looks out of place to me IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #28
Acheron
I just wanna go fast mamma!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500/1985 318i

Anyone know of the price of the Euro bumper (painted) and price of a possible group buy? Would be nice to get some numbers first to compare to body shops for filling/painting.

*The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.*
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #29
seb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-DCT - Lotus Esprit

come on guys, any clear reflectors anywhere? I've been looking but no luck.... cant believe not even some cheap chinese ones like the ones on the E46 M3.... anyone? clear?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #30
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Anyone know of the price of the Euro bumper (painted) and price of a possible group buy? Would be nice to get some numbers first to compare to body shops for filling/painting.
You CANNOT even possibly think that the price (even with a group buy) of a euro bumper would be even comparable to filling/painting by a body shop. Think about it like this, that Euro bumper needs to be painted - so you have to pay to paint, why not save the price of a bumper (which is obviously a couple hundred dollars / over $500) and just have your US bumper painted and filled in on each side!!!!

come on guys...THINK!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #31
gadget
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
You CANNOT even possibly think that the price (even with a group buy) of a euro bumper would be even comparable to filling/painting by a body shop. Think about it like this, that Euro bumper needs to be painted - so you have to pay to paint, why not save the price of a bumper (which is obviously a couple hundred dollars / over $500) and just have your US bumper painted and filled in on each side!!!!

come on guys...THINK!

+1,

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE THIS DONE. Lets get some real qoutes.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #32
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
I'd love clear/white reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #33
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i think filling looks 10x better than painted reflectors. Goddamn why did BMW ditch front PDC??
x10000000

05-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #34
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
+1,

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE THIS DONE. Lets get some real qoutes.
See above - Nate has already done this:

My E93 will be going into the body shop for this as soon as I get it.
Should cost around $200-$250
but it all depends on if your going to paint the entire bumper, or just the two sides and blend the rest. On Alpine white, you can paint just the corners of the bumper, but with the Metallic colors, you may have to do the whole bumper!

(I know this because I used to work at a body shop part time and I have done a lot of bodywork for friends car etc..)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #35
Gemcoska
Sleepy Member, wishing I was on the road.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

+100000 on the clear reflectors
      05-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #36
Acheron
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post

come on guys...THINK!
No I cannot think it's possible I KNOW it can be possible. Custom jobs can get expensive fast, a 500 dollar bumper can easily be equal to a 500 custom body work/paint job on a body piece. I had several quotes on my e46 that were between 350-560 for having the markers filled and painted when I had it so yeah some shops can screw you, and when those are your only options the result of going and getting it done somewhere else can easily amount to that price or more too. I almost guarantee you will be able to get euro bumpers pre-painted at some point, so getting it painted becomes irrelevant.

*The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.*
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:04 AM   #37
zubin
patiently waiiting
Rep
Drives: 99 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
I almost guarantee you will be able to get euro bumpers pre-painted at some point, so getting it painted becomes irrelevant.
i dont know why people go the pre-painted route. In a lot of pictures posted online you can easily tell who got a prepainted piece and exactly what part it is. Pre-painted pieces almost never truly match, as is the nature of aged or aging paint. Maybe on newer vehicles this is negligible, but I can still spot it when i see it
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #38
Acheron
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubin View Post
i dont know why people go the pre-painted route. In a lot of pictures posted online you can easily tell who got a prepainted piece and exactly what part it is. Pre-painted pieces almost never truly match, as is the nature of aged or aging paint. Maybe on newer vehicles this is negligible, but I can still spot it when i see it
This is a true point, and yes it is negligible on a brand new car. However it will never be perfect because (especially on metallic cars) unless the whole car is painted together the flake and pearl in the paint, the way the paint cures, the clear coat, etc. will always be different. If you just try to paint small areas of a metallic piece it's going to turn out like shit so in these cases the whole bumper/door/whatever has to be painted all together. This is also the reason why getting a shop to repaint a bumper can be as expensive as getting a brand new pre-painted piece. They have to strip and refinish the bumper before even starting to paint it so they are working on a complete and fresh canvas. Also they will almost always charge highly inflated rates compared to a parts house. For those who have non-metallic cars (which seem to be everyone since AW is so overly popular), white is one of the cheapest and easiest paints to match, thus it can be alot cheaper for them to get the pieces molded in and painted, the whole bumper can be neglected when painting and just spots filled.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #39
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
At least with a reflector it looks like it belongs there. The painted looks out of place to me IMHO.
That's exactly why I won't be going this route. Mine will stay factory orange. It doesn't look too bad on AW anyways.
Appreciate 0