BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

06-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #595
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Conv - San Marino Blue

Here's what I'm thinking. I haven't seen the fox red/black/black on anyones car posting here. I think it gives a little edge. Otherwise was looking at jerez black.

If I ordered this from Checa today, when do you think it would arrive in South Carolina? Estimated time now is 8 weeks? 12 weeks?

Exterior
Le Mans Blue Metallic

Interior Trim
Carbon Leather interior trim

Interior Leather
Fox Red/Black/Black

My M3 Convertible
4.0 liter, V-8 engineRear-wheel driveBase MSRP$68,750 Le Mans Blue Metallic$550 Fox Red/Black/Black$300 Carbon Leather interior trim$0 Premium Package$2,500 19" Light alloy Double-spoke wheels style 220M-with performance tires$1,200 Dynamic Damper Control$1,000 M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic$2,900 Through-loading system with integrated transport bag$195 Enhanced Premium Sound$1,900 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription$350 Automatic high beams$250 BMW Apple iPhone Media / BMW APPS Version Snap In Adapters$250 BMW Rubber Floor Mats$66 Destination & Handling$925 Gas Guzzler Tax$1700 Total MSRP$82,836
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #596
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by calscooby View Post
Here's what I'm thinking. I haven't seen the fox red/black/black on anyones car posting here. I think it gives a little edge....

congrats...glad you were able to secure an allocation. there are some fox red/black/blacks on here...so it's not as rare as you think.

but, who cares? it's definitely my favorite non individual interior choice... i, myself ,was going to get that option, part of me regrets that a little now and then. i was going to get the bi color steering wheel with that....awww, it would've looked so good.

anyway, it's a great choice and a nice exterior color,too. the FR adds a nice accent to that blue.

so how well did they treat you over at STBMW? how much did they charge you over invoice?

as for when you think your car would go into production...that you should ask Francesca. if they gave you an allocation, then they have a rough production date.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #597
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
congrats...glad you were able to secure an allocation. there are some fox red/black/blacks on here...so it's not as rare as you think.
as for when you think your car would go into production...that you should ask Francesca. if they gave you an allocation, then they have a rough production date.
I haven't secured the deal yet I am still trying to figure out the exact specifics on production date. I think Francesca mentioned they have late July production dates currently. So I'm guessing that means it's 6-8 weeks after production starts? Is that correct?

The big issue is that I need a car to drive starting August 3rd

I guess I could do a month rental, but then that starts getting expensive and tough. Is there a way to search for current availability throughout the US on available BMW M3's that fit most of my specifications? Then maybe I could just get one off the lot?

I'll decide within a couple days and then just go with it if that allocation is still left

Thanks for the reply Hyper! What are your thoughts on the Le Mans Blue versus Interlagos?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #598
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
......Thanks for the reply Hyper! What are your thoughts on the Le Mans Blue versus Interlagos?
both are nice, but i'm partial to Le Mans

6-8 weeks sounds about right for turnaround on the car.so, you're looking at early september. if you have a chance to order and get a car to your specs...take it, IMO. you can get a monthly rate at a rental agency on a 4 cylinder for cheap.

if you want to do a search for what's out there....well, that can be more involved.look to cars.com or auto trader , start calling dealers nation wide and building relationships with sales people. they can also tell you what they have coming in or just got in, that won't show up in their websites.

but, what a dealer usually orders i think tends to be conservative. i don't think you'll see nice combos like what you've built so easily.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #599
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
both are nice, but i'm partial to Le Mans

6-8 weeks sounds about right for turnaround on the car.so, you're looking at early september. if you have a chance to order and get a car to your specs...take it, IMO. you can get a monthly rate at a rental agency on a 4 cylinder for cheap.

if you want to do a search for what's out there....well, that can be more involved.look to cars.com or auto trader , start calling dealers nation wide and building relationships with sales people. they can also tell you what they have coming in or just got in, that won't show up in their websites.

but, what a dealer usually orders i think tends to be conservative. i don't think you'll see nice combos like what you've built so easily.
I'm stoked!

One more question: When you order a car, do you get a VIN number right away?

My credit union has a 1.99% preapproved rate I can lock in if I purchase the car before June 30th, the problem is that I have to provide a purchase order and a VIN number for them to send the check. I think I read on another thread that the VIN isn't provided until a month or so into the process. That would be problematic.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #600
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
One more question: When you order a car, do you get a VIN number right away?

My credit union has a 1.99% preapproved rate I can lock in if I purchase the car before June 30th, the problem is that I have to provide a purchase order and a VIN number for them to send the check. I think I read on another thread that the VIN isn't provided until a month or so into the process. That would be problematic.
other people should chime in on this...but as far as i know, you don't even get a production number right away. i think this depends on how far into the future your allocation is. anyway, you'll eventually get that number and then from a week until it rolls into production to that day, a vin # should generate.

talk to Francesca on this.....maybe your credit union would be satisfied with a production number, or something that STBMW can provide them with that demonstrates proof of purchase.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #601
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

Sorry another question:

Any types of modifications they can do when we order it? Such as different spoiler type? Different rims than the ones they will add as an extra? Different interior stitching?

Figured I'd ask
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #602
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry another question:

Any types of modifications they can do when we order it? Such as different spoiler type? Different rims than the ones they will add as an extra? Different interior stitching?

Figured I'd ask

no worries

things like different, paint, trim interior color and stitching other than what's provided on the standard palette are considered "Individual" or custom orders.

you can order from this menu at an additional cost. there's quite a few thing you can do and they can all be fairly expensive. i think GOLFRR said that they are still taking individual orders so i'd act fast. because they will stop taking those orders well before the E93 production end.

you can ask about wheels, too. i think you can get stuff like black zhp wheels, but i don't know if you can get anything you want ....like M5 wheels.

accessories like performance exhaust, spoiler, steering wheels can be factored into your order. i think those items are installed at the port before the car gets to you. again, Francesca will know a lot more on that.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #603
aoysgelt
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

$1250 under invoice for brand new 2013 e92
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #604
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

but, who cares? it's definitely my favorite non individual interior choice... i, myself ,was going to get that option, part of me regrets that a little now and then. i was going to get the bi color steering wheel with that....awww, it would've looked so good.

anyway, it's a great choice and a nice exterior color,too. the FR adds a nice accent to that blue.

so how well did they treat you over at STBMW? how much did they charge you over invoice?

Hyperjack: What color scheme did you end up getting? I saw you were debating a couple months ago on a thread when I have been searching through, but what did you finally end up deciding? You are set to get your car soon right? Any mods you added to it? What ext/inter scheme did you go with?

You must be stoked!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #605
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Here's what I'm thinking. I haven't seen the fox red/black/black on anyones car posting here. I think it gives a little edge.
I just picked up my Alpine White 2013 E92 in Munich with the Fox Red/Black leather combo -- it looks sick, you won't be let down!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #606
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hyperjack: What color scheme did you end up getting? I saw you were debating a couple months ago on a thread when I have been searching through, but what did you finally end up deciding? You are set to get your car soon right? Any mods you added to it? What ext/inter scheme did you go with?

You must be stoked!
oh, yeah...i'm stoked! i started looking for my car in january. put my order in in March,it should be at my dealer first week of august ,so it's been a long time coming.

my build is Frozen Grey/Rust brown, fully loaded 6MT. haven't seen a combo like that before, so there's a little anticipation there to see how it will actually turn out.

being a member here since March, i've been educated/infected by the lot of you so stock is just not good enough. i have a whole list of things i'm doing, all of which i want done before i pick up the car, or at the very least, before i take it home. so there's a lot of coordination going on with that.

the main things i'm doing would be new wheels, new exhaust and some suspension modification to drop her a little lower. you'll see the rest when i have those pics ....and there will be a lot...uploaded here.

probably late august.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #607
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^ cant wait to see it

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #608
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

Hyperjack,

Sounds like a money combo! I think it will look awesome! Will look sophisticated with an edge.

I'm leaning towards Interlagos with the fox/black interior.

The other color which I'm unsure is offered for M3 is San Marino Blue. That looks like an awesome finish on the M6's.

Has anyone gotten that exterior color?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #609
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^if you want San Marino Blue on the m3 you have to go through BMW indiv it is not a std color for the m3.

I dont believe anyone has ever done that combo on the m3 yet

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #610
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^if you want San Marino Blue on the m3 you have to go through BMW indiv it is not a std color for the m3.

I dont believe anyone has ever done that combo on the m3 yet

I know I'm waiting to talk to Francesca today. She's been busy all day so going to ask her when she calls
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #611
GOLFFRR
Rep

I think it would look stunning!!

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #612
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
....The other color which I'm unsure is offered for M3 is San Marino Blue. That looks like an awesome finish on the M6's.

Has anyone gotten that exterior color?
looks like a stunning blue...

if you can make that happen, great choice
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #613
calscooby
Private
United_States
Rep

frozen blue

My current Frozen Blue Ride. Surgery sucks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #614
GOLFFRR
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #615
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My current Frozen Blue Ride. Surgery sucks
maaan...hope you feel better soon.

have to admit, thought....that is a cool color on a walker
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #616
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
10k miles a year and 36 month lease.

E92
DCT
EDC
Melbourne Red/black novillo leather
CF roof
CF leather trim
CF interior
CF splitter, mirrors and spoiler
Black kidney grills
Performance steering wheel
Navigation
Heated seats
Comfort access

aftermarket (Non-OEM) accessories:

KW Sleeve kit
HRE P44SCs
Akrapovic evolution exhaust
ESS tune
She's a beauty. But 10k miles a year is not much. Like 30 miles a day.
You're going to have to come with a hell'ava lot of self control to keep that beast at or below 30 miles a day.
Appreciate 0