BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Wow I just put in a deposit on a '14 E550, I might get that back. This is one good looking car!

G05 X5 m50i Mineral White / Tartufo

Porsche Taycan Turbo Carrara White / Limestone Beige
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

If that TT v6 finds it's way into the ATS-V, I think the next M3 is in trouble

Foregone conclusion that the CTS-V will be badass
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
this car is stunning! Lexus GS sales will be in the toilet, mercedes and bmw will have fire @ their feet.
      03-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Front end is great. Rear end looks like an updated Deville. And the console/steering wheel is gross.
      03-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #27
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

Maybe when I'm 80.
      03-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
2014 Cadillac CTS Elevates to Challenge World's Best

- Longer, lower and leaner sedan drives into heart of midsize luxury segment

- Lightweight technologies, including aluminum door structures, contribute to lower curb weight and nearly 50/50 weight balance

- New Vsport model offers new Cadillac Twin-Turbo V-6 and brand's first eight-speed automatic transmission

NEW YORK – Cadillac today introduced the all-new 2014 CTS sedan, which ascends into the heart of the midsize luxury market with expanded performance, elevated luxury and sophisticated technology.

The third-generation CTS sedan is based on the high-performing rear-drive architecture of the award-winning ATS sport sedan, moving Cadillac into the prestigious class of midsize luxury sedans. It will be the segment's lightest car, enabling the most agile driving dynamics in the class. A range of power-dense powertrains underpin its performance, including the all-new Cadillac Twin-Turbo engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.

Production of the 2014 CTS begins this fall in Lansing, Mich.

"The all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan delivers crafted design, thrilling performance and sophisticated technology," said Bob Ferguson, vice president, Global Cadillac. "The car that has always been Cadillac's centerpiece stretches figuratively and literally to challenge the world's best."

A longer, lower and more athletic-looking proportion is introduced on Cadillac's landmark sedan and evolves the brand's Art & Science design philosophy. While growing five inches (127 mm) in length, including a 1.2-inch longer wheelbase, the roofline and cowl – the base of the windshield – are about an inch lower, dimensions that complement the longer exterior to accentuate the car's lean aesthetic.

"With Cadillac growing globally, driven by rising product credibility, the new CTS elevates the brand to a new level," said Ferguson.

While stretched in overall length and wheelbase, the all-new CTS sedan has a lower curb weight than the preceding model and weighs about 200 pounds (90 kg) less than the BMW 528i. Lightweight features, including Cadillac's first aluminum door structures, contribute to the lower weight and a nearly 50/50 weight balance. And for the first time on CTS, Magnetic Ride Control, Cadillac's real-time damping system, is available on base models.

Cadillac's shield grille and signature vertical lighting elements – including LED front signature lighting detail – evolve on the CTS. The grille is wider, with a more detailed texture, while the headlamps flow up with the hood line, incorporating crystalline LED light guides for a technologically advanced appearance with more uniform illumination.

Active grille shutters are included on some models, improving aerodynamic performance on the highway to enhance fuel efficiency.

Inside, a roomier, driver-centric cockpit interior with integrated technology and hand-crafted appointments complements the exterior elements and supports the CTS sedan's driving experience. Eight available interior environments are offered, each trimmed with authentic wood, carbon fiber or aluminum. Leather seating is available, including available full semi-aniline leather, with hand-crafted, cut-and-sewn executions.

CTS Performance

The new Cadillac Twin-Turbo V-6 and eight-speed automatic transmission combination leads the CTS sedan's powertrain lineup in the new CTS Vsport. It is the first twin-turbocharged engine ever offered by Cadillac and is the brand's first eight-speed automatic.

The CTS Vsport also features:

- 18-inch aluminum wheels with Pirelli summer-only performance tires (19-inch wheels with all-season tires are available)
- A quicker steering ratio
- Brembo disc brakes with aluminum calipers and high-performance brake pads,
- Heavy-duty track cooling package
- Driver-selectable track mode with specific steering rate and Magnetic Ride Control calibrations for greater track performance
- Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track – including optimal acceleration out of turns.

The Cadillac Twin-Turbo is SAE-certified at 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 430 lb.-ft. of torque (583 Nm), making it the most power-dense six-cylinder engine in the segment. A pair of smaller turbochargers helps provide more immediate power on demand, with approximately 90 percent of peak torque available from 3,500 rpm to 4,500 rpm. That gives the engine a broad torque curve that customers will feel as strong, willing power in almost all driving conditions – and helps the CTS sedan reach 60 mph in an estimated 4.6 seconds.

The 2014 CTS is also available with a naturally aspirated 3.6L V-6 rated at an estimated 321 horsepower and also matched with the new paddle-shift eight-speed automatic in rear-wheel-drive models (or six-speed automatic with all-wheel drive; and a 2.0L turbocharged engine rated at an estimated 272 horsepower and paired with a six-speed automatic.

Cadillac's new, paddle-shift eight-speed offers efficiency and performance advantages over a six-speed transmission, including 1.5-percent greater fuel economy.

Excellent power-to-weight ratios and racetrack-honed suspension geometries established with the development of the ATS enabled engineers to advance CTS's performance with greater feelings of feedback, control and response. The comparatively low curb weight helps make the most of the driving experience by allowing the use of lighter-weight chassis components, which reduces unsprung weight to enable more precise handling without compromising ride quality.

The CTS sedan's low mass and optimal brake sizes are expected to give it braking performance that is among the best in the segment, with standard Brembo brakes.

Suspension and driver control highlights also include:

- Multi-link MacPherson strut suspension with a double-pivot design
- Five-link independent rear suspension
- Available all-wheel-drive
- Premium electric, variable-assist power steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
- Available Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping system
- Choice of 17-, 18- and 19-inch aluminum wheels.

A number of aluminum components are used with the suspension system, while the rear suspension is mostly steel. That helps offset the weight of the engine and transmission at the front of the vehicle, helping the CTS deliver its near-perfect weight balance and contributing to less noise and vibration.

CTS technology and safety

The CTS sedan seamlessly blends comfort, convenience and safety technologies with the interior's hand-crafted appointments and flowing design. Active safety features provide alerts and intervene when necessary to help avoid crashes.

At the core of the car's intuitive technologies is CUE, Cadillac's infotainment system that uses smartphone- and tablet-influenced controls and commands to access information and entertainment data. An eight-inch, high-resolution color touch screen with haptic feedback allows users to swipe and drag preferences. Bluetooth connectivity with natural voice recognition is standard with CUE, along with USB and SD card ports.

An available 12.3-inch high-resolution, configurable LCD instrument cluster display complements the CUE display and supports the active safety features. It offers drivers four layouts – from basic to performance-oriented – each delivering bold, crisp graphics tailored to the level of vehicle information desired. A full-color, configurable head-up display is also available.

CTS technologies also include:

- Cadillac's first 20-way adjustable front seats
- Motorized cup holder lid in the center console
- Heated and cooled (ventilated) front seats and heated steering wheel
- Electronically locking glove box
- Electronic park brake
- Adaptive remote start feature that also activates the climate control system
- Standard Bose eleven-speaker sound system and available Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound system with 13 speakers.

The new CTS sedan is the first Cadillac to offer Automatic Parking Assist, which enables the car to park itself in parallel spaces. It uses ultrasonic sensors to locate a suitable space and maneuver the car into the space, with the driver only required to engage reverse and apply the accelerator and brake pedals. Ultrasonic rear park assist is standard.

Ultrasonic sensors, as well as radar and cameras, support the CTS's advanced safety features to help prevent crashes. Among the most sophisticated is Front and Rear Automatic Braking, which relies on short-range radar technology and ultrasonic sensors to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary.

A Driver Awareness Package includes Cadillac's patented Safety Alert Seat technology. It uses vibrating pulses in the driver's seat to alert the driver to an imminent collision or to vehicles in the car's blind spot. The seat vibrates on the left or right side, or both sides simultaneously, depending on the direction of the risk.

GM's first application of automatic safety belt tightening is offered in the new CTS. It automatically takes slack out of the safety belts when buckled and offers real-time, active adjustments during driving to ensure optimal tension and comfort. Additional available safety features include:

- Full Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control
- Panic Brake Assist
- Forward Collision Alert
- Automatic Collision Preparation (with brake prefill)
- Lane Departure Warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Vision Camera With Dynamic Guidelines
- Adaptive Forward Lighting
- Active pedestrian protection system (in global regions where required).

The new CTS sedan also features 10 standard air bags, including front-passenger dual-stage low-risk deployment, which makes the most of the air bag trajectory and inflation rate based on the occupant's size, position and severity of the crash.

Additionally, OnStar is standard for one year. It can use GPS and cellular phone technology to automatically call for help in the event of a crash. OnStar service also includes myCadillac and OnStar myCadillac mobile apps, which offer vehicle information, controls and OnStar services via the customer's iPhone or Android smart phone.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/26/2...ictures-video/
Cadillac is coming for companies' heads this time around.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
Maybe when I'm 80.
Funny.. your Transformers avatar looks like the dash of this car :P
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Only thing that worries me, if you could call it a worry, is how the TT V6 will sound. In my experience companies have a hard time making the V6 sound aggressive. The I6's on the other hand can sound really great, but something about the acoustics of some V6s just sound like poo no matter the exhaust system you put on.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

This car is going to be awesome in V form.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
In terms of performance, the CTS should be up there with the Germans but I highly doubt sales are going to reflect that and the sales of the ATS show that. Cadillac is definitely heading in the right direction but it will take time for the consumer to realize that new Cadillacs are a serious competitor to the Germans.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #33
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-...#photo-5767234
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #34
adamm3k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 AW M3

Nice. They even managed to reduce the weight. Looks like the real competition is between this and Audi, how sad.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #35
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90
In terms of performance, the CTS should be up there with the Germans but I highly doubt sales are going to reflect that and the sales of the ATS show that. Cadillac is definitely heading in the right direction but it will take time for the consumer to realize that new Cadillacs are a serious competitor to the Germans.
Cadillac sales were up 20% last month and BMW was up 0.5%. I think I know who's doing a better job, at least in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #36
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
The ATS is actually selling pretty well. It already outsells the A4 and they are up to about 50% of the 3 series and C-class sales.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #37
3point0
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
wow i thought you were kidding with the "new" tag especially speaking of the outside from the A-pillar back, super boring and almost mid 90's in design. A-pillar forward almost looks like an overworked facelift of the outgoing car. not my thing at all

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #38
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Too much crap going on up front.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #39
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Funny you should mention... one of my bosses just "upgraded" to the F10 from the previous gen and has been complaining ever since. Says it handles like a boat. He actually brought it back to the dealer thinking something was wrong with it.
Test drove a F10 when they came out. Absolutely hated it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #40
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamm3k View Post
Nice. They even managed to reduce the weight. Looks like the real competition is between this and Audi, how sad.
Yep. They say the car is 200 pounds lighter than a 528. Caddy is turning into the old BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #41
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
Funny.. your Transformers avatar looks like the dash of this car :P
LMFAO. Thinking about it now, GM was a sponser to the Michael Bay Transformers movies, so that might have influenced the dash design. I don't have any issues with the interior design but the outside does nothing for me looks like a Buick and Caddie cross breed, (too much bling up front). On the other hand the performance looks top notch and will surely give the Germans a run. Sorry just not for me.

Last edited by AlteredBe4st; 03-27-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #42
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
The ATS is actually selling pretty well. It already outsells the A4 and they are up to about 50% of the 3 series and C-class sales.
Which is good, but I expected a bit more. BMW and Mercedes are pushing around 10k+ per month? I don't see Cadillac doing that with the ATS, I just don't. It's not fanboy talk, eventually you'll reach a point where brand image will come into play and truth is Cadillac still needs a bit of work to consider itself on the same level as BMW and Mercedes.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #43
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
Which is good, but I expected a bit more. BMW and Mercedes are pushing around 10k+ per month? I don't see Cadillac doing that with the ATS, I just don't. It's not fanboy talk, eventually you'll reach a point where brand image will come into play and truth is Cadillac still needs a bit of work to consider itself on the same level as BMW and Mercedes.
I don't disagree, but one of the current problems is that the current CTS is close in size to the ATS and had large discounts to move remaining inventory. Once the new CTS arrives, there will be a clearer delineation between the ATS and CTS, much as there is between the 3er and 5er and sales of both will increase. The LCI for the 5er isn't going to increase sales that much and the upcoming GT and 4er Coupe aren't high volume sellers for BMW. It's going to get closer between these two over the next few years and if BMW continues to only aim for sales volume and not for driving enthusiasts, Cadillac can continue to chip away at former BMW owners.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #44
jkrig
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

Like the new exterior.....love the new powertrain offerings, weigt saving and 50/50 front rear. Just hope they fix the CUE infotainment, in its current state its a fried turd, good thought but bad execution......with that being something you have to live with everyday it would absolutely keep me from purchasing.....fix it cadi and you've got a for sure winner.