BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

BPM

09-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

The Drivers Edge - Houston MSR Nov 3/4

My wife and I just signed up for The Drivers Edge HPDE on Nov. 3/4 at Houston MSR. I will be driving my e93 M3 and she will be driving her Mini Cooper S.

This will be our first event, so we are pretty excited!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

You'll have a blast!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
My wife and I just signed up for The Drivers Edge HPDE on Nov. 3/4 at Houston MSR. I will be driving my e93 M3 and she will be driving her Mini Cooper S.

This will be our first event, so we are pretty excited!
You guys should come join the Houston M Club prior to the DE event. More laid back and this is a good place to loose your track virginity............Phil

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747244
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
You guys should come join the Houston M Club prior to the DE event. More laid back and this is a good place to loose your track virginity............Phil

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747244
Well I have it backwards then. I thought I had better do TDE program first to get some instruction so that I didn't make a fool out of myself at a Houston M Club event.

What is the format of the M Club event?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
Well I have it backwards then. I thought I had better do TDE program first to get some instruction so that I didn't make a fool out of myself at a Houston M Club event.

What is the format of the M Club event?
Much smaller group with great instructors. You'll have the ability to ride with instructors that drive M3's so you get some real world hands on instruction. Beside all that......it's just a great group of guys. We even have a E93 in the group for you to connect with and a Mini Cooper S driven by one of our instructors for your wife. Whatcha' waiting for.......get signed up............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
pizzapie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M3 6spd

Either way works, the drivers edge events are the best schooling and Mclub club are fun fun fun! Come do both! Stop by and see me! Intros are always informal. U can find my car by the momentum bmw logos on my car!
      09-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post
Either way works, the drivers edge events are the best schooling and Mclub club are fun fun fun! Come do both! Stop by and see me! Intros are always informal. U can find my car by the momentum bmw logos on my car!
Yeah we now you like the trash talking. Hell I can't even keep score anymore between you and " Bigjae" ................Phil
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
My BMW 5 cylinder was successful in fending off Dan today and keeping him away long enough for the checkered flag.

To the OP...

M Club and TDE are both fun but in different ways. M Club has lots of room to "breathe" and run freely. You can really learn the track and have room to try things.

Then TDE is like a fatal four way. You're always mixing it up with other cars. But TDE really does have the best combination of classes and instructors. AND their standards for moving up is much higher. From my observations, a TDE driver progress significantly faster that going through other DE organizations as a result of the classes, instructors, AND traffic. The main complaint about TDEs green and blue groups is traffic. But anyone can drive their line on an open track. Driving in traffic with cars in front and behind you is way harder and can be a lot more fun. Rick, who runs TDE, is real quick to shut people down who aren't letting people pass. So there are some traffic jams but its always manageable and its a good learning experience.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue

Last edited by bigjae1976; 09-30-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0