BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

06-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #23
O2ShootTheJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
I bought my 16oz kit off amazon, that comes with sprayer and brush. One this i messed up on is not using enough! If your doing the whole car make sure to use all of the 16oz rejuvenate.(multiple coats could help) Pristine clean is simply to wipe down all of the sticky gross dirt afterwards(more is better).
Make sure the car is hot and GL
thanks! that is the kit I was going to grab. Do you need to put anything on afterwards like a leather protectant or anything?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #24
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2ShootTheJ View Post
thanks! that is the kit I was going to grab. Do you need to put anything on afterwards like a leather protectant or anything?

I didn't but you could do a search. I think pristine clean does it but not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 12:51 AM   #25
tenman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...ther-Care-Kit/

Great Stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #26
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3 View Post
Can you give us more feedback? How often do you use it?

I have been using it for several years, even before I got the M3.

The cleaner seems to work as well as any other, but the bottle design is absolute shit (it's a foaming pump) and it tends to break after about 1/3 of the bottle has been used. I actually wrote to them to complain and ask for a new design, and all they did was send me a replacement bottle. Once I use it up, I don't plan to buy it again. I use the cleaner *maybe* once a month, depending on how much I've been driving.

The conditioner is nice, very neutral smell, easy to apply and buff off. Like the cleaner, I might use it once a month.

Leatherique, as I've said before, is an aggressive product and time-consuming to use. I do it once a year.
      06-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
I just used leatherique on my car and it isn't as much work as people say it is. First i let the car get a little hot, then applied rejuvenating oil to every single piece of leather in my car(with gloves). Then i closed the doors and let it sit for a good 3 hours in the sun *every piece of plastic will be sticky as well as windows..Sprayed pristine clean all over and rubbed with the brush they give you. As my first impressions i freaking love this stuff. I had to rinse the brush every minute because of all the dirt is was picking up. Wiped everything off with multiple clean towels because they got dirty so fast. My car actually looks brand new and smells great! 10/10 buying again and will re-apply sometime this year.
The Rejuvenator oil works even better when you let it sit for a couple of days .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #28
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Grey E92 M3 (6MT)

I bought some leatherique too but I'm just curious how best to clean off all the oiliness from the trim / Windows etc or will it just evaporate away once the car gets aired out?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #29
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenio View Post
I bought some leatherique too but I'm just curious how best to clean off all the oiliness from the trim / Windows etc or will it just evaporate away once the car gets aired out?

It will not. I suggest a plastic cleaning product and frequently turning the cloth/paper towel.

This is why I've said in other threads that I am very careful not to slop it onto the trim or windows.
      06-15-2016, 07:12 PM   #30
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep

Ah... Bummer. So the stuff on the Windows then is more likely just to be condensation after the car bakes in the sun and hence should clean off the tint pretty easily?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 08:23 PM   #31
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah... Bummer. So the stuff on the Windows then is more likely just to be condensation after the car bakes in the sun and hence should clean off the tint pretty easily?
Sorry, I misunderstood.

The residue it leaves on the windows is indeed a bitch to clean. Same advice applies: glass cleaner and keep folding the microfibre. This is why I only do it once a year.
      06-15-2016, 09:11 PM   #32
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I have been using it for several years, even before I got the M3.

The cleaner seems to work as well as any other, but the bottle design is absolute shit (it's a foaming pump) and it tends to break after about 1/3 of the bottle has been used. I actually wrote to them to complain and ask for a new design, and all they did was send me a replacement bottle. Once I use it up, I don't plan to buy it again. I use the cleaner *maybe* once a month, depending on how much I've been driving.

The conditioner is nice, very neutral smell, easy to apply and buff off. Like the cleaner, I might use it once a month.

Leatherique, as I've said before, is an aggressive product and time-consuming to use. I do it once a year.
Thanks for the feedback. I will give it a try and see the result. I wish there is a product like leatherique without the mess it creates.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #33
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep

Ah... bummer. Thanks for the advice. Think I might stick with my SwissVax cleaning system then.... and I'm now selling my Leatherique cleaner!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #34
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

Quote:
Ah... bummer. Thanks for the advice. Think I might stick with my SwissVax cleaning system then.... and I'm now selling my Leatherique cleaner!
I use Swissvax and its awesome!

My only gripe is that it's pretty darn expensive..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #35
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep

You get what you pay for I reckon...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #36
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT

Quote:
You get what you pay for I reckon...
oh yea and then some... I'd buy this stuff by the drum if I could. I use it on all of my leather in my M3, i use it in my Tumi computer bag, my gloves, the vinyl in all of the boats.... my leather furniture... it's hands down the best stuff out there to repair, clean and care for leather. Once you use it then I maintain stuff with the Sonax leather foam as it's fantastic.

People bitch about it being messy or taking too long... good things are worth the effort and wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 03:49 PM   #37
cclinard1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 6MT SSII (sold)

I've gone through a few cleaners and haven't had great results. Meguiar's Rich leather was ok, but I thought it more of a cleaner than conditioner. I just picked up the BMW Leather lotion kit at the dealer for $20. It seems like it works very well...doesn't leave residue behind and gives the leather a nice shine. Very happy with it so far. We'll see how it does here in the south with the summer heat.
Appreciate 1
8th20.50
      06-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #38
webninja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

I didn't like the BMW one at all, too watery, didn't feel like it was doing anything.

Favorite is letherique - used it on my e46 and it made the seats like new. Pita to apply though, thus the alternatives:

Leather Masters was good, I used the cleaner and protector, easy to apply, not greasy, smells ok

Sonax leather Foam - love Sonax but this sucks. Easy to apply, but on two different cars it streaked. Tried many times, applied little, lot, waited, didn't wait, no difference. Smelled ok.

Zaino brothers leather cleaner and protector - use to only use Zaino products, and I was very happy with this. Doesn't seem to last that long, but went on easy and smelled like leather, really fantastic smell.
Appreciate 0