BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

04-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Cleaning With Foam - Foam Cannon Sale

Hi Everyone: I have been using a Foam Cannon for some time now, and one thing that struck me was just how little water I was using to wash the car. I have a small cheap pressure washer ($99, tax included, 1800 PSI CleanForce from Home Depot) and use this to rinse the vehicle prior to foaming. I ensure that I get ALL contamination off of the paint (dust, tar, bird droppings - you name it) PRIOR to foaming. I lay my freshly rinsed microfiber mitt on the hood of the vehicle and foam away, ensuring that the microfiber mitt gets well and truly soaked with foam. Once the foam cannon is empty, I simply wash the car with the aforementioned microfiber mitt (no buckets etc.), and rinse off the vehicle with the pressure washer. I use a MetroBlaster to dry my vehicle and I am done.

The reason I am posting here is due to an email I received from Chemical Guys today promoting a Foam Cannon Sale. For $99.99 you get their best Foam Cannon and 1 Gallon of Honeydew Snow Foam and free shipping here:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Foa..._p/eqp_312.htm

I am not affiliated with Chemical Guys in any way, except for the fact that I purchase some of their products. The Honeydew Snow Foam is epic, to say the least, and a gallon will last you for many years. Their Foam Cannon fits my cheap pressure washer with no need for any adapters, it simply clicks onto the end of the pressure washer gun, and off you go. A word to the wise, if you intend to go this route, use LESS of the foaming agent, you don't need a lot to create a rich, thick creamy foam. If you use too much, you'll waste a lot of water attempting to rinse it off. Which brings me back to my original contention, cleaning with foam and a pressure washer saves you money and water, something I've noticed since I started with the Foam Cannon and my method outlined above. Here's what Chemical Guys has to say about it: A traditional bucket & hose wash at home can use as much as 300 gallons of water. Many communities around the world have begun to implement water restrictions on car washing in an effort to save water for the environment. A foam cannon is the perfect way to wash your car while saving hundreds of gallons of water. Foam cannons work with any pressure washer system to conserve water and prevent unnecessary run off.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
not a bad price.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Not a bad price... but both CG's MTM cannon and ther Torque Cannon which is just a rebranded MTM work better with higher pressure gas pressure washers.

If you have electric you want to go on Amazon and just get the MTM cannon that is specific for lower pressure electric pressure washers.

Also you can just piece together an MTM foam cannon and 1 gal of honeydew on Amazon for about the same price.
Appreciate 0