BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

09-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #89
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG: khanhdom

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
The reason I say R8 > G is because of the cabin. It's also easier to live with day to day. It's the little things like cruise the brighter headlights that make it more live able especially on longer drives. Part of it is looks, I like the CF side blades. I also like how a R8 doesn't get as many gawkers as the G. I've owned various exotics for the last 17 years. Sometimes, its nice just going for a drive without gawkers asking a million questions at every stoplight, gas station or parking lot.

The 2013+ Viper is very refined and the interior is amazing. Not checking it out would be a shame. You would be pleasantly surprised by how nice the interior is, the 8.4 touch screen, Nav, perfoance pages adjustable shocks and cruise makes it absolutely a car you can drive cross country or even daily. Much more cargo space than most any exotic out. These are things people don't think about when buying but it makes long term ownership and daily drivability much more enjoyable. Worst exotic was my Ferrai F355 F1...a useless car.

I'll pick up another viper when the 800hp+ SC Version comes....that will be insane.
I guess we have different needs. I didn't get the gallardo for day to day driving or need cruise control. If I am going for long distance, I would trailer/ship the car or if it's a rally, I would be pretty engaged in the drive and not want to use cruise control.

I actually haven't been asked anything about the car where I live. It's pretty "normal".

Viper is nice but I prefer the LP560 and seems like we have different needs and want in a car
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #90
Disturbed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The G is a great car and I don't want you to think im putting it down. I'm very happy for you.

You are right about the difference between us, I never trailer my cars...unless I broke it.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #91
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Drove one on track and hated the experience. Changed my mind about Lambos.

Loved the F430 by contrast, it was absolutely amazing to drive. I'd get one and keep it stock, live happily ever after. Keep it for just a year initially, and judge the reliability and maintenance costs. If decent, keep it some more. If not, well at least u had a Ferrari in your life at some point.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #92
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Gallardos are great for street driving. If you wanted a super at for the track, ferrari is the way to go. But personally, Lambos are cooler than Ferraris.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #93
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG: khanhdom

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Drove one on track and hated the experience. Changed my mind about Lambos.

Loved the F430 by contrast, it was absolutely amazing to drive. I'd get one and keep it stock, live happily ever after. Keep it for just a year initially, and judge the reliability and maintenance costs. If decent, keep it some more. If not, well at least u had a Ferrari in your life at some point.
you probably drove a pre lp egear one which a lot of people hate
Appreciate 0