BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

08-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
Xgelato
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Ess Supercharger not releasing pressure from the s65 engine , Help!!

Hello guys,

I have a 2011 e92 M3 with a VT1 550 kit. Recently I updated my car with a SMOG emission test file. After passing the SMOG test I reverted my car back to supercharged, with the 2 supercharger files I have. Everything looked like it went well as usual.

But on my second drive, the car developed the following problem. When driving under moderate acceleration (especially in MDM or with traction control off) the car seems almost fine till I release the gas pedal and a wind sound appears that I didn't have before. It is a semi-loud shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Like if the supercharger was releasing all the air. It continues until the car almost stops. Especially if the car is decelerating while not pressing the brake pedal from 2nd gear at 4,500 RPMs to almost 1000 RPM's. I have the blow-off valve that comes with the supercharger. I haven't pushed the car pass this numbers since I'm afraid I broke something. Also under low-moderate acceleration, you feel the car hesitant to accelerate and jerking a little.

When driving slowly not passing the RPMs from 3000 and with all sports systems off, is hard to hear the air and the car behaves almost normal.

I took my car to a trusted mechanic shop, specialized in german vehicles, to have it smoke tested. I was expecting air leaks but The car didn't have any. They also informed me that the supercharger is not releasing the pressure from the engine which is causing a minor oil leak and that all supercharger valves seem to be working fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harrop E92 ZCP M3

Sounds like the blow off valve isn't closing when your getting in the gas. Check the pipework to it for splits or leaks
Appreciate 0