BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

09-20-2019, 04:04 AM   #1
MWFR12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 MW/FR

Price opinion wanted: 2012 E92 MW/FR 6MT ZCP 18k miles

Hi, I'm contemplating selling my 2012 M3 coupe. The car is not getting driven and I'm thinking of letting it go, reluctantly. Not quite committed at this time, but I would like to get a decent idea of what it's worth. Thanks in advance!

2012 M3 Coupe
Mineral White exterior w/ CF roof
Fox Red Extended interior, Carbon Leather trim
Manual
Competition Pkg, Premium Pkg
Enhanced Premium Sound, Nav, Heated Seats, PDC

18K miles
original owner, in Norcal throughout ownership
no accident, no damage, well maintained, all recalls done
always garaged, only washed at home, very clean inside and out
front half clear bra, but yellowing
no front plate holes
never been tracked or modded
original tires and brakes, on 2nd battery (1 year old)
tires have enough tread left, but probably time to replace based on age
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #2
atranho
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' ZCP AW M3 - GONE

45K is about im expecting
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atranho View Post
45K is about im expecting
You have a very solid car there with all the right boxes checked. Man, you have my dream car. Might need to be a little patient but I wouldn’t take anything below $45k either.

I’d think twice before selling though. You probably won’t ever find another one in the same condition again. Got any pictures?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 01:39 AM   #4
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Pretty dang close to the top of the market, I’d say mid $40Ks as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:28 AM   #5
MWFR12
Private
United_States
Rep

Thank you all, appreciate the comments. I guess I ordered the right combo, and the low mileage must be helping.

STooK, sorry I don't have any recent pics to show. I'll take some proper pics if I decide to sell.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #6
im4ipsc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 ZCP Comp S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWFR12 View Post
Hi, I'm contemplating selling my 2012 M3 coupe. The car is not getting driven and I'm thinking of letting it go, reluctantly. Not quite committed at this time, but I would like to get a decent idea of what it's worth. Thanks in advance!

2012 M3 Coupe
Mineral White exterior w/ CF roof
Fox Red Extended interior, Carbon Leather trim
Manual
Competition Pkg, Premium Pkg
Enhanced Premium Sound, Nav, Heated Seats, PDC

18K miles
original owner, in Norcal throughout ownership
no accident, no damage, well maintained, all recalls done
always garaged, only washed at home, very clean inside and out
front half clear bra, but yellowing
no front plate holes
never been tracked or modded
original tires and brakes, on 2nd battery (1 year old)
tires have enough tread left, but probably time to replace based on age
OP, be prepared to negate the following topics if and when you do decide to sell it:

- Did you periodically started every two weeks in order to move the fuel through the engine and hoses? (there might be a possibility of dry rot on the fuel hoses and/or future maintenance issue for the new owner to drain the fuel completely and replace with new gas). There is a potential for flat spots on the tires or the battery may be drained to the point that it won't consistently hold a charge anymore (even though it is only 1 year old). In your ad, negate that other fluids such as transmission, diff, and brake fluid have recently been changed with receipts for all of these items.

- And pre-inspect the seals throughout the engine and transmission as they can dry out and harden up causing leaks if the car isn't started regularly. Spend a little bit of money and have a PPI conducted prior to your ad as the inspection will also need to have a review of the exhaust system's condensation level which could, over time have damaged the catalytic converter and oxygen sensors.

- If you can get your hands on a Carly or higher-end OBDII tester, verify and validate that your car isn't throwing any codes and talk up that point in your advertisement. If it is throwing codes, talk about how you identified the codes and then had them fixed (and you possess the receipts).

In summary, if you can talk in your ad or future conversations with a potential buyer(s)to these issues and negate them before that enthusiastic buyer brings them up, then IMHO your car's value will increase; buyers seem to be getting smarter with their purchases thanks in part to these forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #7
marc6SPD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 M3

This is in the mid-$40s easy IMHO. Look at BaT’s recent sales and this listing below. BaT can be hit or miss, I will admit, but a decent proxy. Your car is newer and with a comp pack, so should do better. Change the tires to prevent any silly comments you may get and should be good to go. Make sure you want to sell though. I sold my E90 and was back in another one less than a year later. Even though I found a decent example, I still regret selling my original one which had less than 25k miles on it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-bmw-m3-22/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:22 AM   #8
MWFR12
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4ipsc View Post
OP, be prepared to negate the following topics if and when you do decide to sell it:

- Did you periodically started every two weeks in order to move the fuel through the engine and hoses? (there might be a possibility of dry rot on the fuel hoses and/or future maintenance issue for the new owner to drain the fuel completely and replace with new gas). There is a potential for flat spots on the tires or the battery may be drained to the point that it won't consistently hold a charge anymore (even though it is only 1 year old). In your ad, negate that other fluids such as transmission, diff, and brake fluid have recently been changed with receipts for all of these items.

- And pre-inspect the seals throughout the engine and transmission as they can dry out and harden up causing leaks if the car isn't started regularly. Spend a little bit of money and have a PPI conducted prior to your ad as the inspection will also need to have a review of the exhaust system's condensation level which could, over time have damaged the catalytic converter and oxygen sensors.

- If you can get your hands on a Carly or higher-end OBDII tester, verify and validate that your car isn't throwing any codes and talk up that point in your advertisement. If it is throwing codes, talk about how you identified the codes and then had them fixed (and you possess the receipts).

In summary, if you can talk in your ad or future conversations with a potential buyer(s)to these issues and negate them before that enthusiastic buyer brings them up, then IMHO your car's value will increase; buyers seem to be getting smarter with their purchases thanks in part to these forums.
These are great tips, thank you! I think getting a PPI done will be a good idea even if I decide not to sell.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #9
MWFR12
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc6SPD View Post
This is in the mid-$40s easy IMHO. Look at BaT’s recent sales and this listing below. BaT can be hit or miss, I will admit, but a decent proxy. Your car is newer and with a comp pack, so should do better. Change the tires to prevent any silly comments you may get and should be good to go. Make sure you want to sell though. I sold my E90 and was back in another one less than a year later. Even though I found a decent example, I still regret selling my original one which had less than 25k miles on it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-bmw-m3-22/
Thanks for the BaT link. Interesting data point for sure. But you're right about seller's remorse. At this point I can't say I won't have any regret if I sell.

But this thread has been very helpful. Thanks everyone who chimed in.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:38 AM   #10
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Hold onto it for a year and sell it to me
Appreciate 0