BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #1
Matt Fojtik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [9.00]
Jq Werks magnetic shifters install/review

After 500mi of the JQ Werks Shifters I Figured I’d write a review.
I got them for $260 on a Pre-Sale a while back and just installed them a few weeks back.

Shipping: This was quick with amazing help from instagram DM’s, questions were answered quick and helpfully.

Install: There was no instructions included in the packaging but I do not see the need for it.

*Make sure to unplug positive (black) terminal from car so your airbag doesn’t explode!!!!*

All that was needed was to take the airbag off by inserting a small tool into the slits on the back side of the wheel slightly below the shifters.
After this was out, next to be done was unplug the oem shifters, unscrew the 1 screw (from the inside of the wheel), Screw back on the Jq shifters to the wheel from the inside, and plug connector back in. Make sure you feel a click when this happens or your paddle will most likely disconnect after a few bumps (as mine did).

Install took about 40 min including swapping over the wheel and buttons to and alcantara Mashimarho wheel. The paddle install should take roughly 20 min.

Review: These paddles are incredible!!! Paired with the wheel it completely transformed the driving experience. They emit an audible “click” with a very crispy snap of the paddle. I do not find them to be loud/annoying and not do my passengers. But I also do have a relatively loud exhaust.
If you do happen to find them too loud, a small rubber o-ring or piece of felt installed on both side of the arm of the paddle will get rid of most of the noise, just a bit louder than a mouse clicking.

I Highly recommend these to anyone looking to improve the feel and tactility of their car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
djschmitt236.00
DjMarkOne105.00